Amazon Kindle discussion

Device Related > Moving non-Amazon ebooks to the cloud

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Victor (new)

Victor (ace-geek) | 5 comments I know Amazon backs up your purchases to the cloud and you can remove them from your device without losing them permanently, which is a great backup in the event of the Kindle getting damaged or something.
But I have a few ebooks that were just free downloads from other sites, posted by the author for free. On the off-chance that something happens to the Kindle they're also on my laptop, but is it possible to move them to Amazon's cloud as well, since they're in a format that's compatible with the Kindle? Sorry if this has already been asked.

message 2: by Eric (new)

Eric Westfall (eawestfall) | 101 comments Adrian,

Your Kindle device comes with an email address, which can be found in the manage your devices, etc., part of the drop-down list.

I've bought a lot of ebooks direct from the publishers (when they're on sale!), and all you have to do is send an email from yourself to your kindle email address with the books attached.

Oh...you have to be sure that the email address you're using to send is on the list of acceptable (authorized?) email addresses. Again in the manage devices feature.

I'm assuming, of course, that these other ebooks are mobi or prc formats, which Kindle can read. Or a PDF. Epub or something else will be rejected, so far as I know.

In any event, when you email them they're stored by Amazon but in a category called "Docs." "Books" are what you buy from AMZ. *s*. You can be sure they arrived safely by opening up your library, and in the dropdown menu box above the list, select Docs.

From there, you can use AMZ to download to any device you have registered.

Hope this helps.

Eric

message 3: by Victor (new)

Victor (ace-geek) | 5 comments That worked, thanks!