EPBOT Readers discussion

Book Challenges 2017 > Week four check in

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sheri (new)

Sheri | 876 comments Mod
This week I finished Notorious RBG by Irin Carmon and Shana Knizhnik as my book about an interesting woman. It was really fascinating and I learned a lot about her.

I just finished Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie for a book written by a person of color. It's also counting for read harder's book where all point of view characters are people of color. It was ok. It just felt very long, and I didn't really believe in the relationship between the two main characters.

Not sure what I'm reading next. Might just do Night Circus again as the book that always makes you smile.

message 2: by Darla (new)

Darla (wiredsugarbear) | 9 comments I've been terrible about updating. :| But I'm on track. So far, I've read Anne of the Island by L.M. Montgomery for "a book with a title that’s a character’s name". It was my least favorite Anne story thus far. It was beautifully written, as always, but so, so boring.

I read Qualify by Vera Nazarian for "a book you bought on a trip", and I pretty much hated it. I confess I DNF, but I just couldn't stand it. Seeing as how it's the only book I've "bought" recently (it was free on Amazon), and I coincidentally happened to be traveling at the time, I'm still counting it.

I finished Across the Wall by Garth Nix for my "book based on mythology" and it was pretty good. It has short stories that are based on various myths and fairy tales, from Arthur to Hansel and Gretel, as well as a short story set in the Old Kingdom series, which I'm a fan of.

I'm currently reading City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare for my "book that's been on TBR for too long". It's not my oldest TBR, but it is one that's definitely been there for too long.

My reading for 2017, so far, has been pretty fluffy, but I really need it to be right now.