Addicted to YA discussion

Recommendations > I need a book!!!!!!!!

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Gagani | 30 comments Hey everyone!
I'm looking for a book with romance and a lot of adventure. Like danger and other intense feelings. For example the girl is in danger and the lovely boy needs to save her. Or something like everyone is in danger and she needs to be safe and he is the protector. I don't know, if it is not that, I'm okay with the idea of danger. I want to get goosebumps, suspense and these things!!!
If you can find me a book or a series that have at least at some point this I'll love you forever!

message 2: by Lynne (new)

Lynne Stringer | 328 comments Veronica Rossi's Under the Never Sky trilogy might fit the bill. Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky, #1) by Veronica Rossi

The only other series I can think of with a guy as a protector is my own sci-fi trilogy, which you can check out if you like. Here's the first book in the series: The Heir (Verindon, #1) by Lynne Stringer

message 3: by L.C. (last edited Jan 27, 2017 05:32PM) (new)

L.C. Perry | 700 comments I have a series somewhat like that but the romance doesn't happen until the third book lol. It has loads of action and adventure throughout the series.
Floresha (Metamorphosis #1) by L.C. Perry

message 4: by Liz (new)

Liz (lookingstrongjohn) | 909 comments If you haven't already, try:
The Mortal Instruments series
(And Infernal Devices or Lady Midnight)
Hush hush
The darkest part of the forest
Everything everything (to a point? I mean there's no supernatural danger but it's very teen angst romance)
I am number four/Lorien legacies series

Hope these help! :) there's probably a ton more I'll think of later but that's what comes to mind now haha

message 5: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina (forebodinq) | 150 comments Illuminae has sooooo much danger + romance. And the sequel is great too!

I think also Tiger's Curse may fit what you are looking for. There is a lot of adventure and romance in that series :)

message 6: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Gagani | 30 comments Thank you everyone for your recommendations I love youou

message 7: by Paul (new)

Paul West (paulwwest) You might want to check out Bridgetown High, by Paul West. It contains all that you're asking for and has high star ratings. Go to https://www.amazon.com/dp/1680583093/

message 8: by Veda (new)

Veda (vedareads) | 39 comments Here are some of my top recs for action & romance (not specific to damsel in distress; in fact, very little on this list have the male saving the female. most of them have the girl saving the guy.):
-Legend
-Angelfall
-Hush Hush
-The Infernal Devices
-The Darkest Minds
-Delirium (though more on the romance side, is still set in a dystopian world.)
-The Young Elites (more action, less romance-esp in second book.)
-Reboot
-Shatter Me
-A Court of Thorns & Roses, A Court of Mist & Fury

message 9: by Beverly (new)

Beverly | 76 comments This great series has everything you are looking for: Palace of Spies (Palace of Spies, #1) by Sarah Zettel Dangerous Deceptions (Palace of Spies, #2) by Sarah Zettel The Assassin's Masque (Palace of Spies, #3) by Sarah Zettel

message 10: by X. (new)

X. Culletto | 42 comments The book I just released actually matches your criteria perfectly! It's very fast-paced and actiony. The protagonist is on the verge of being abducted by aliens and Ronan is something of an expert on that subject, so he helps her flee for her life. I'd bet you'd like it.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

message 11: by Paul (new)

Paul West (paulwwest) Well, if we're going to share synopses, here's mine for Bridgetown High:

Seventeen year old Mark Wilkerson has no memory of the fiery crash that killed his family on the Carquinez Bridge… Living with his grandmother and burdened with guilt, Mark vows to find the hit-and-run driver and take his revenge. The only detail he remembers is round taillights swerving in front of his family’s car, and he’s shocked when he notices the car of the high school’s bully, Jeff Marino, has identical taillights—and a suspicious dent. Now he wants revenge more than ever… Jeff believes Mark is an anti-Vietnam War activist like his cousin Gary—and despises him for it. To make matters worse, when Jeff’s girlfriend Genie Lombardi dumps him for Mark, it kicks Jeff’s hatred for him to a dangerous new level. Lies and threats escalate, until drugs and a shocking death send Jeff over the edge, and his campaign to get Genie back any way he can turns violent. When Mark’s memory begins to return, it leads to a terrifying confrontation. Will he finally prove the identity of the guilty driver? Or will he and Genie become one more tragedy associated with the Carquinez Bridge?

message 13: by Angel (last edited Mar 26, 2017 06:18PM) (new)

Angel | 56 comments Barbara wrote: "Hey everyone!
I'm looking for a book with romance and a lot of adventure. Like danger and other intense feelings. For example the girl is in danger and the lovely boy needs to save her. Or somethin..."

My recently released novel, titled Weeping Well has several mixed genres. It has all the genres you want and more with all the intense feels, it's very fast paced, with several plot twists/subplots. It is set in 1989-2008, young adult, new adult/mystery/thriller/romance/suspense/ coming of age/ international crime fiction/some sci-fi/multicultural/multiracial/multilingual in parts (with subtitles added), action/ adventure/horror, (if you're interested) locations are set in Mississippi, Japan, UK, Chicago. It is written as a standalone as all the books in the series will be. It's part of a four book series. The sequel will be released later this year.

Weeping Well (Weeping Well, #1) by Angel M.B. Chadwick

message 14: by Alex (last edited Mar 26, 2017 06:46PM) (new)

Alex Definitely try:
-How to Hang a Witch by Adriana Mather (I saw a book trailer on this and got super excited)
How to Hang a Witch by Adriana Mather
-Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo (I borrowed it from my sister and had to buy it for myself. She also wrote Shadow and Bone)
Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo
-Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton (I read it in a day)
Rebel of the Sands (Rebel of the Sands, #1) by Alwyn Hamilton
-Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins (Very southern belle and fun, great romance)
Rebel Belle (Rebel Belle, #1) by Rachel Hawkins
-Don't Look Back by Jennifer L. Armentrout (A great thriller!)
Don't Look Back by Jennifer L. Armentrout
-Psi Another Day by D.R. Rosensteel (I LOVE this book so original and well written)
Psi Another Day (Psi Fighter Academy, #1) by D.R. Rosensteel
-When the Moon Was Ours by Anne-Marie McLemore (Magical realism at its finest, she also wrote The Weight of Feathers)
When the Moon Was Ours by Anna-Marie McLemore
Let me know if you want some more!

message 15: by C. (new)

C. | 21 comments Forget Me

Only start when you have plenty of time to read, because you will not want to put it down! :D