Du Gata Vrangr discussion

Characters > What's your favourite word/prase in the ancient language?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 71 (71 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Asterion (new)

Asterion (Yimsel) | 128 comments My favourite would be my true name. Then I would be... what's the word... enlightened? Zen? Anyways, it would be cool.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I really like istalrí. The word is just so pretty? I guess? I don't know how to describe I like the word :)

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

My favorite would definitely be my true name. To be able to sum up your entire being into one phrase would be great!

On the topic of true names: Brom says that Elves are born with the knowledge of their true names, a gift that humans do not have. Then when Eragon leaves Saphira and makes Sloan go to Ellesmera, and he is talking with Arya that one night, he asks her where she learned her true name. She says that she found it in one of the upper levels of Tronjhiem. Did anyone else pick that up?

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I remember that!! I hate how Christopher doesn't tell us their true names. I saw an interview and he was asked about why he didn't say their true names and I forgot what he said and why he doesn't tell us their true names.

message 5: by Asterion (new)

Asterion (Yimsel) | 128 comments Probably to retain some mysteriousness to the characters. The series would lose some of its luster if we knew everything about him the characters.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

True. I just want to know more about them. They were kinda my only friends (exept for 4 real people :)) in 6th grade last year. I'm a huge introvert :). It would be so awesome to know more about them though.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I totally agree!
I could use some more good fantasy!

message 8: by Asterion (new)

Asterion (Yimsel) | 128 comments Allow me to recommend the Icewind Dale trilogy. It's the same genre as the Inheritance Cycle, except minus the riding of dragons.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks! I'll check it out!

message 10: by Asterion (new)

Asterion (Yimsel) | 128 comments PLEASE DO AND HELP ME CREATE A GROUP

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I tried!!! I've tried!! I don't know how to create a group!!!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I wonder if you need a membership or something like that.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't know.

message 14: by Asterion (new)

Asterion (Yimsel) | 128 comments I've looked on the computer, but still don't know. I'll look online.

message 15: by Asterion (new)

Asterion (Yimsel) | 128 comments If we do make a group, what should I be about?

message 16: by Asterion (new)

Asterion (Yimsel) | 128 comments Sorry, I meant "it"

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Inheritance Cycle!!!! lol I don't know. :) anything I guess.

message 18: by Asterion (new)

Asterion (Yimsel) | 128 comments Definitely that :)

message 19: by Asterion (new)

Asterion (Yimsel) | 128 comments Are there any other book series that we all have read? Apart from Harry Potter there are at least fifty groups on that lol

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Hmmmmmm. I can't really think of any that probably already have 10 million groups :)

message 21: by Asterion (new)

Asterion (Yimsel) | 128 comments Nice profile picture! You have good taste.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

message 23: by Twilight Wolf (new)

Twilight Wolf aka Ryanne | 10 comments Cool profile pic ;)

message 24: by Twilight Wolf (new)

Twilight Wolf aka Ryanne | 10 comments We should have a hobbit group!

message 25: by Twilight Wolf (new)

Twilight Wolf aka Ryanne | 10 comments They are like my fav ( except for Harry Potter and Eragon )

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Harry Potter, Harry Potter.......

message 27: by Asterion (new)

Asterion (Yimsel) | 128 comments It ain't her fault they're beautifully written! The only annoying thing is overuse of magic!

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

And too much action, totally predictable plot, and like an ant next to an elephant compared with Eragon.

message 29: by Asterion (new)

Asterion (Yimsel) | 128 comments Well, that's kind of true... but the plot gets fifty times better in the last book!

message 30: by Asterion (new)

Asterion (Yimsel) | 128 comments and how can you have too much action? There's no such thing!

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

I think that there can be, it needs to be well balanced, like the wheel of time.

message 32: by Asterion (new)

Asterion (Yimsel) | 128 comments Yeah, that series is great.

message 33: by Asterion (new)

Asterion (Yimsel) | 128 comments MAGIC THOUGH!!!

message 34: by Asterion (new)

Asterion (Yimsel) | 128 comments Magic is awesome :)

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Is there a lack of it in the wheel of time? Keep reading! They grow into it! Much larger magic than either HP or Eragon. In at least ten books from where tou are, they obliterate an army of hundreds of thousands of trolocs with magjc in just a few minutes. And there are only a couple dozen Aes Sedi and others! ;)

message 36: by Asterion (new)

Asterion (Yimsel) | 128 comments Don't spoil it man!!! I want to read all of them by my 2018, does that sound reasonable?

message 37: by Asterion (new)

Asterion (Yimsel) | 128 comments ignore the "my" before 2018. If I can find them all, I want to finish by my birthday, November.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Reasonable! Do you go to school? I might be able to do that if I did not, but by November! They are all eight hundred to one thousand pages each!

message 39: by Asterion (new)

Asterion (Yimsel) | 128 comments I'm a fast reader :)
On a good day, I can whip through a 500 page book in half an hour.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

That is crazy!

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Holy Gods of Olympus!!! It takes me maybe 60pgs in one hour and that's on a good day when I'm alone!!

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Maybe one hundred in an hour when I am alone.

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

I feel like a snail :)

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

I thought that I was fast!

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

I can only get like 30-60 pigs done in an hour! I'm slow! You can read 100 in an hour! I can get 200 in like 6hours!

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Not pigs oops. I ment pages. It got autocorrected.

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

Yah but I almost guarantee that you digest the story more than Gabe or I, Gabe you can correct me if I am wrong!

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah. I feel like if I read slow I can understand things better and if I read fast I'm just speeding through and not really taking it in. But that's just me. Some fast readers can digest the story well even though they get through a lot in such little time.

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Yah, it is kind of crazy how when there is a lot of action, you want to read faster, even though that is the part that you want to know the best!

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes! During action and battle scenes I want to read fast but I'm slow

« previous 1