What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Historical romance: Heroine shot with an arrow, thought to be a witch. [s]

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Josie (new)

Josie | 8 comments I really want to reread this book, but for the life of me I can't remember the title. Here's what I do know:
I read within the past couple of years but I don't know if was a new release or an older book. The H and h were trying to get away from the villain. They were on a small boat, I believe on a river, and the villain threw a spear at them and it hit the h in the upper thigh. It went through and through. She gets a circular scar from it. Because of this mark people think that she is a witch.

I posted this on an Amazon forum but the suggestion given weren't for the correct book. The books suggeste were:
The Bride Hunt- Margo Maguire
Just a Kiss Away- Jill Barnett
For Honor's Lady- Rosanne Rohake

Someone on the Amazon forum did share additional details that sounded like it happened in the book I'm looking for. This is what she had to say:
the H(who kidnaps the h during her wedding to the villain) and h in a small boat on a river and they are being chased by her betrothed (the villain) who shoots her in the leg with a crossbow - she's shielding a dog. H takes h to his home were some of his people mostly-- a woman who wanted H to marry her niece accuses the h of being a witch a evidenced by the circular scar on her thigh.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? It's been driving me crazy ;) Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

message 2: by Josie (new)

Josie | 8 comments bump

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39315 comments Mod
Josie, bump period is 30 days because the group is so large. However if you think of new information you can add it at any time.

message 4: by Josie (new)

Josie | 8 comments Oops, I misunderstood. I thought I had to do it before 30 days. Thanks for letting me know :)

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39315 comments Mod
No problem.

message 6: by Josie (new)

Josie | 8 comments bump

message 7: by Sam (new)

Sam (happysam) | 25 comments Hi! Cannot remember this:
Historical romance--Dad dies when girl is little & she & Mom arekicked out of their home at funeral & they leave England for slums of France...The H is the guy who was responsible...Years later girl gets some new dresses & goes back to England to hang withfriend? Cousin? she meets & 'Hooks Up" with H who accuses her of being a whore? She goes back to slum/France; sells apples & serves drinks in a club to survive...H feels like crap after finding out about her & tracks her down in slum....Zip to end & after long & interesting marriage plot he rescues her from a hospital in slum where she is dying of black plague? Thought it was Kathleen E. Woodwiss; but nope.... Thanks if you can help!

message 8: by Kris (last edited Mar 05, 2017 08:21AM) (new)

Kris | 35176 comments Mod
Sam wrote: "Hi! Cannot remember this:
Historical romance--Dad dies when girl is little & she & Mom arekicked out of their home at funeral & they leave England for slums of France...The H is the guy who was res..."

Sam, please create a new thread for your book. Otherwise, it gets confusing to discuss multiple books. Here's the link - https://www.goodreads.com/topic/new?c...

message 9: by Sam (new)

Sam (happysam) | 25 comments Kris wrote: "Sam wrote: "Hi! Cannot remember this:
Historical romance--Dad dies when girl is little & she & Mom arekicked out of their home at funeral & they leave England for slums of France...The H is the guy..."

sorry will do!

message 10: by Josie (new)

Josie | 8 comments Thinking on it, I'm pretty sure that it took place in Scotland. Hopefully that narrows it down a little bit. Unfortunately I don't remember if it's during medieval times or later.

message 11: by Josie (new)

Josie | 8 comments Just wanted to let you know that I found the book. It is Sins of the Highlander by Connie Mason with Mia Marlowe.

message 12: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35176 comments Mod
Thanks for the update, Josie. Here's the link - Sins of the Highlander by Connie Mason.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Sins of the Highlander (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Connie Mason (other topics)