2021 & 2022 Reading Challenge discussion

The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike, #1)
This topic is about The Cuckoo's Calling
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVE 2017 > The Cuckoo's Calling

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mary Pat (last edited Jan 27, 2017 12:16PM) (new)

Mary Pat | 2186 comments This thread is to discuss Robert Gailbraith‘s book, The Cuckoo's Calling.

***Please remember to mark spoilers.***

Participants: Aurora, Maria

message 2: by Mary Pat (new)

Mary Pat | 2186 comments Suggested break down of reading so that you can check in and let us know how you're doing. The following breakdown is purely a suggestion and is therefore not set in stone.

Rather than putting dates for each section I've done it so that it takes into account that not everybody will necessarily have the book at the same time.

Week 1: 113.75
Week 2: 113.75
Week 3: 113.75
Week 4: 113.75

Catherine | 1561 comments Enjoy -- I love this series!!

Maria Munoz | 77 comments Thank you for doing this Mary Pat. I have my book ready to go!

Aurora | 143 comments I have mine too, Maria! I look forward to reading it with you :)

Maria Munoz | 77 comments Me too Aurora! :) I'm starting tomorrow, the 1st.

Aurora | 143 comments Cool! I'm going to start it over the weekend :)

message 8: by Kirsty (new) - added it

Kirsty (kirsty1688) | 97 comments I've just picked this up from the library, excited to start! :)

Aurora | 143 comments I've just finished part 1, and I'm really enjoying this so far!

message 10: by Mary Pat (new)

Mary Pat | 2186 comments We have reached the end of the first week of February. What does everyone think so far?

Maria Munoz | 77 comments I just finished part one. It's an interesting start to a mystery. I wonder what the truth will be. The way it's written makes me flow through the pages quite easily.

Kirsten, glad to see you picked it up and are joining us. The more the merrier. :)

I'm glad you're enjoying it as well Aurora.

message 12: by Mary Pat (new)

Mary Pat | 2186 comments How is your progress as we enter the third week of February?

Maria Munoz | 77 comments I just finished Part 2 of the book so I'm on page 161. As it goes into more detail and gets more interesting, I will be reading it more frequently. I really want to know if one of the characters was right. I'll find out!

message 14: by Mary Pat (new)

Mary Pat | 2186 comments How is your progress coming as we come into the last week of February? Other thoughts to share?

Maria Munoz | 77 comments I just finished the book! The story was good. I liked Robyn as a character. It was a bit slow to get to some action at times but I enjoyed trying out a mystery. It's crazy how Strike was able to solve the case! The reveal was messed up! I'm glad that the author didn't leave me hanging. What did everyone else think?

*I was trying to comment on the story with out giving away anything

Aurora | 143 comments I'm glad you enjoyed it too, Maria! I'm not a huge crime-reader, I usually just don't care about the mysteries. So the fact that this one is so character driven is really what made me love it so much. I really liked Robyn and Strike. Rowling always writes such real characters. As for the mystery itself it was a little slow in parts, but the reveal was mental!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Cuckoo's Calling (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Robert Gailbraith (other topics)