What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. SciFi/Fantasy - Female Lead - Travels to another dimension with the help a necklace with special pattern she finds. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Adam (last edited Jan 26, 2017 01:33PM) (new)

Adam | 2 comments I am looking for the title of a book i read several years ago. It would fall under the Science Fiction or Fantasy genre. The MC is a young women who finds/inherits? a necklace with an emblem on it. As she looks at the emblem with a pattern on it she finds herself brought to another world. Her original home world is modern earth and the world she goes to is a medieval or feudal setting. I think there is a 2nd book where she learns how to travel to 3rd or 4th world. One with 1800's level tech and the other was desolate. I would mention that the pattern of on the necklace is what allows people to travel the path to and from the different worlds.
Any ideas on what this is?

message 2: by Andy (last edited Jan 26, 2017 04:16PM) (new)

Andy Love | 2056 comments I think your thinking of Charles Stross's Merchant Princes series. The Family Trade is the first one. It starts out very much like a fantasy - Miriam sees the symbol that transports her to a medieval world (some of her relatives with the same power make the symbol into a tattoo), but it becomes more science-fictional later on (as people try to find the gene that controls the power)

message 3: by Adam (new)

Adam | 2 comments YES!!! This is it. Thank you so much, I've been looking for this off and on for ages and finally decided to post the question here.

message 4: by Andy (last edited Jan 26, 2017 06:36PM) (new)

Andy Love | 2056 comments Great. Glad to help. There's a new book in the series as of this month, by the way Empire Games