Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Love's Sweet Revenge (Outlaw Hearts, #3)
This topic is about Love's Sweet Revenge
Page Numbering Requests > Need # of pages added

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Linda (last edited Jan 26, 2017 09:12AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Linda (lindamarie79) | 45 comments New, trying to learn my way around so that my requests to Librarians are smoother, It seems like a lot of the ebooks I have read are incomplete records in the gr catalog and finding the answers is frustrating. This book Love's Sweet Revenge isbn # 9781492631453 is listed at it's publisher Sourcebboks with only the isbn # for paperback and nuber of pages only for that. I went to worldcat that I had seen mentioned here a few times. I found the listing for the ebook by doing an advance search with a pc, does not work with kindle.http://www.worldcat.org/oclc/968125203 nowhere at that site do I see where the librarians are finding the number of pages, I would love to know for future requests. I did learn how to do a link though! All that being said I appreciate so much what you all do as volunteers! Could you add the number pf pages for this book? ThankYou

message 2: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 23771 comments Linda, for ebooks we can only use the Publisher, WorldCat or a PDF copy of the book.

As you stated that the publisher doesn't have it, I verified WorldCat doesn't have it and it would be unusual for it to have a PDF copy (its usually only indie authors or small publishers that use that format), I'm sorry but we can't add the page numbers for you. If you want it for your challenge numbers, you can switch it to one of the other editions with page numbers.

To assist you looking at WorldCat, you can add WorldCat to your Book Links (from your edit profile pages) and when looking at a book page that has an isbn listed, Libraries will come up.

Once WorldCat comes up towards the bottom you will see page numbers if they have them.

For Kindle editions you need Amazon, and you can add Amazon to your Book Links the same way as WorldCat if you haven't already. Amazon comes up under Online Stores.

Hope that helps.

Linda (lindamarie79) | 45 comments Sandra wrote: "Linda, for ebooks we can only use the Publisher, WorldCat or a PDF copy of the book.

As you stated that the publisher doesn't have it, I verified WorldCat doesn't have it and it would be unusual f..."

Sandra, Thank you so much for taking the time to explain all that to me!! I will try adding the link for worldcat, not sure if you can do that with a kindle, if not I can get there through google. Kindles come connected to Amazon (suprise) so that is set. I will add the kindle version which is a shame as it was just released, and another in the series is due out this year. Very frustating that they sell ebooks without the isbn#! If I own it I want to have the isbn # for my records. Thanks again!

message 4: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 23771 comments Kindles use the ASINs instead of ISBNs.

And as I said you add the Amazon link exactly the same as WorldCat, it just shows up on the Online Stores link underneath the book page. No need to buy anything, just gives all the information for kindles & sometimes paperbacks & hardcovers. Though info through WorldCat is always more accurate.

Linda (lindamarie79) | 45 comments Thank you again for all of your help!