Problems > Family problems

Comments Showing 1-50 of 55 (55 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 189 comments I love my family

message 2: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 189 comments Oh that stinks

message 3: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 189 comments I'm sure she'll look wonderful

message 4: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 189 comments Aww that stinks

message 5: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 16, 2017 11:13AM) (new)

I'm the only girl, and between two brothers, it gets harder and harder not to feed them to a shark sometimes.

message 6: by Wolf (Alpha) (new)

Wolf (Alpha) Katiya wrote: "I'm the only girl, and between two brothers, it gets harder and harder not to feed them to a shark sometimes."

I know what you mean. I have 4 brothers and 3 sisters and I'm the oldest. I could say that I have 5 brother, since me and my cousin consider each other bro and sis. They really get on my nerves.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I mean, don't get me wrong, I love them and all, it's just...they don't think very highly of my curiosity.

message 8: by Wolf (Alpha) (new)

Wolf (Alpha) My family doesn't support me in my writing. I have so many ideas and I am going to try to write a book, but nobody supports me.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Wolf (Tura) wrote: "My family doesn't support me in my writing. I have so many ideas and I am going to try to write a book, but nobody supports me."

I feel that way too...

Phoenix~They/Them I feel like my family doesn't appreciate my cooking :(

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Cyn~Anime is love, anime is life, anime is awesome~ wrote: "I feel like my family doesn't appreciate my cooking :("

WHAT?! FOOD IS BAEEEEEE

Phoenix~They/Them My older brother always puts spice in my food, usually the taco sauce and they never say "Thank you" or anything like that

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Wolf (Tura) wrote: "My family doesn't support me in my writing. I have so many ideas and I am going to try to write a book, but nobody supports me."

My parents want me to be an attorney, but i want to be an author. what nice is that they just want me to do what I'm best at

Phoenix~They/Them Be an attorney and an author XD Lol

message 15: by Wolf (Alpha) (new)

Wolf (Alpha) I want to be an author and a marine.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Which it's why I feel like that. I'm already a self-published author, but I would also like to have my very own restored Ghost Town with all vintage/antiques things.

Here's the problem, my family thinks it's IMPOSSIBLE!

message 17: by Louise (new)

Louise  (louiseem) | 25 comments Hi guys.

So For a while I've had this problem with my dad.
Ever since he got together with his new girlfriend he has chanced. He has become religious, he put his girlfriends family before his kids and he is completely different. Before all that he was fun to hang out with and wanted to do stuff. When I try to talk to someone it feels like no one understands and says. "He is only blinded by love."
I don't know maybe it's true. But in a way it don't feel like it. Anyway on Monday is my birthday and I turn 18. I'm his first born child to turn 18 and he don't seem to notice that. Today they had a birthday party for his girlfriend's son that will turn 18 as well. Of course I'm not saying that just because I have my birthday soon her son should just be forgotten and I have known about this party for a while and for maybe a month, dad mentioned my birthday once. Not to ask what I wanted or so but to say that his parents might not give me a birthday present this year. But all the other times he had asked if I wanted to come up to celebrate Lukas' birthday (His girlfriends son) I answered with an I don't know and he never asked again. As time got closer he had told my siblings what they were going to do for Lukas' birthday but he never told me anything. I tried to not care but yesterday my siblings left to go to dad and did feel sad over it and left out. I don't know. I got my mom and stuff. But still I want my dad as well but it feels like I don't have that part in my life anymore.

I'm sorry if this text is long and probably all over the place. But I felt I needed to write something to make me feel a bit better and I'm sure that anyone could give some type of tips or just talk. I don't really care

message 18: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Clark Louise, I am really sorry to hear that :( I know it is hard, especially when it is such a big birthday. All I can say is that sometimes men can be blinded by women and love, and not realize what they are doing. Have you tried talking to him, and telling him how you feel left out, because he only planed for Lukas' birthday, and not yours?

message 19: by Louise (new)

Louise  (louiseem) | 25 comments It's pretty much impossible to talk to him. And it isn't either the first time that he has done this type of thing. It's more now that I notice it. Mom have told me everything about how he have acted. And mom wish she could just call him and tell him what a jerk he is. But he refuse pretty much any contact with her as he tries to "put his past behind him." He don't treat my siblings in much better way. But he has chosen my brother to be the favourite child. First I was and a while after he got together with his ex my sister became his favourite. I don't talk to him often and as I also said I will always have my mom on my side and I'm happy about that. But just as my brother I do as well need a father figure. I haven't really met dad since Christmas 2015 as stuff happened during that time

message 20: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Clark Oh. That does make it tough. I am glad you have your mom. I am here if you need someone to talk to.

message 21: by Louise (new)

Louise  (louiseem) | 25 comments Thanks it's really nice of you. I'm glad that I have people here that I can talk with. Even if I tell mom about 90% that happens in my life its also nice to have someone outside the family as well

message 22: by Wolf (Alpha) (new)

Wolf (Alpha) Feel free to talk to me as well.

message 23: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Clark You're welcome. I know how it is.

message 24: by Louise (new)

Louise  (louiseem) | 25 comments Yah. I know that not everyone has the perfect family. But dad has always had some type of problem. Some has been alcohol related and some has been girl related. To be honest it's thanks to him that I don't like people that drink to much

message 25: by Louise (new)

Louise  (louiseem) | 25 comments If I remember right I think my dad was one of the youngest in his family. His dad was abusive, religious and an alcoholic, which led to the most people on dad's side to drink. His mom I think was over her 20's. My dad wasn't were found of his parents or religon. HE became religious because his girlfriend is. I mean I'm happy that dad don't drink and smoke anymore. But to be honest before he meet his girlfriend he was more fun. My sister told him that she missed when who he was before and he thought that she meant that she missed when he was miserable and depressed. Obviously that is not true. I mean I don't care who dad is with. I'm glad that he is happy, but he chanced himself to a complete new person. I know that he still is a goofball but he isn't when his girlfriend is around

message 26: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Clark My dad is the only one left of his family, other than an aunt. He lost all his siblings and Dad by the age of 50, and lost his Mom in 2005. My stepmom walked out after he had some health problems, and he blamed me for me and kept saying he would kill himself, cause that would make me happy. Thankfully, that has stopped now.

message 27: by Louise (new)

Louise  (louiseem) | 25 comments That is awful. I feel sorry for both you and him

message 28: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Clark Thanks. Like I said, things are getting better. It just made me so mad, cause he is the only person I really have left. And whenever I would say that, he would just say I had friends, like I should not have them. It just really got to me.

message 29: by Louise (new)

Louise  (louiseem) | 25 comments Well friends aren't the same as family tho

message 30: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Clark Exactly

message 31: by Louise (new)

Louise  (louiseem) | 25 comments .

message 32: by Louise (new)

Louise  (louiseem) | 25 comments I mean you can love your friends like a family. But they still won't be that kind of family

message 33: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Clark Yep. And that was what he did not get. Even my boyfriend would never replace him.

message 34: by Louise (new)

Louise  (louiseem) | 25 comments I get that. Your dad is your dad. He has been with you all your life and your boyfriend has been with you maybe a few months or a few years. Even if he might be the love of your life, but he can never replace the love for your dad

message 35: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Clark About 5 years and yea. My dad is always my dad, noone can ever replace that

message 36: by Louise (new)

Louise  (louiseem) | 25 comments Yah exactly

message 37: by Emily (new)

Emily (emily_veschoor) | 36 comments Skye ~Queen of Rainbows~ wrote: "Yep not really many problems with them. Except my mom's getting eye surgery soon... She can't have eye makeup for THREE WEEKS! It could irritate the stitches"

My cousin just got eye surgery. A rock poked a hole through his cornea.

message 38: by Emily (new)

Emily (emily_veschoor) | 36 comments Well, my family is a little....different?

My mom and dad divorced when I was two. (I'm 13) I remember the fight to this day. My mom kept throwing things at my dad. (Might I remind you, they were drug and alcohol addicts. Eventually, my dad locked my mom outside. My sister, who was four, tried to unlock the door for my mom, but my father shooed my sister and I up the stairs and into our rooms. I don't remember anything else, but now I live with my grandparents. (My mom and dad can't afford to take care of me) My grandmother hasn't adopted me, but she adopted my sister and 3 cousins. My 3 cousins are develop mentally delayed with autism and ADHD. One of them has aspergers (However you spell it) But uh, yeah. That's my family for ya.

message 39: by Louise (new)

Louise  (louiseem) | 25 comments Wow. Well at least you have it a bit better now. Sorry to hear about all that

message 40: by Haley (new)

Haley Waulk (luna)(The white wolf) (goodreadscomluna) | 83 comments My mother is in mental care and so I'm head of the household when dad is at work and I'm so stressed out

message 41: by Wolf (Alpha) (new)

Wolf (Alpha) Haley wrote: "My mother is in mental care and so I'm head of the household when dad is at work and I'm so stressed out"

Oh my gosh. I'm so sorry

message 42: by Haley (new)

Haley Waulk (luna)(The white wolf) (goodreadscomluna) | 83 comments I can't deal with it too much stress in my shoulders

message 43: by Wolf (Alpha) (new)

Wolf (Alpha) Haley wrote: "I can't deal with it too much stress in my shoulders"

Haley wrote: "I can't deal with it too much stress in my shoulders"

I know. The last few day, I've felt like running away. I can't do it though, cause my sibling would be left here. I have to watch them and care for them. When they get sick, everyone is so concerned about them. When I get sick, everyone is like whatever.

message 44: by Emily (new)

Emily (emily_veschoor) | 36 comments Louise wrote: "Wow. Well at least you have it a bit better now. Sorry to hear about all that"

Thank you. It's still tough though. My grandmother yells....A lot.

message 45: by Louise (new)

Louise  (louiseem) | 25 comments Yah. I understand. I can't do more then hope for the best for you to come

message 46: by Emily (new)

Emily (emily_veschoor) | 36 comments Thanks, Louise.

message 47: by Louise (new)

Louise  (louiseem) | 25 comments Anytime

message 48: by Haley (new)

Haley Waulk (luna)(The white wolf) (goodreadscomluna) | 83 comments My mother came home yesterday night I'm so happy and not stressed out anymore

message 49: by Louise (new)

Louise  (louiseem) | 25 comments That's great

message 50: by Haley (new)

Haley Waulk (luna)(The white wolf) (goodreadscomluna) | 83 comments Yep so I feeling so much better

« previous 1