The Problem Solvers discussion

Problems > School Problems

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ABBSgail (new)

ABBSgail | 192 comments YES! I want to drop my World History course but my principal/dad isn't allowing me. I need one that I can do on my own time and the midterm deadline is tomorrow. I have at the least 20 assignments to do and my grade at the moment is a 19%. And some one is messing with my computer so it's taking me forever to write this post.... Help.

message 2: by Mikayla (new)

Mikayla King well right now I'm failing my AP physics class but my counselor wont let me drop it. I knew I shouldn't have taken that class in the first place because its full of a bunch of super smart seniors and I'm just a junior. My teacher warned me that it was going to be hard but, as usual, I didn't listen...now I'm stuck with this class :(

message 3: by blue (new)

blue (hermiionegranger) Mikayla wrote: "well right now I'm failing my AP physics class but my counselor wont let me drop it. I knew I shouldn't have taken that class in the first place because its full of a bunch of super smart seniors a..."

Aw. I'm sure you'll get better. Don't worry

message 4: by Mikayla (new)

Mikayla King Blue wrote: "Mikayla wrote: "well right now I'm failing my AP physics class but my counselor wont let me drop it. I knew I shouldn't have taken that class in the first place because its full of a bunch of super..."

Thank you, ill try to hope for the best

message 5: by ABBSgail (new)

ABBSgail | 192 comments Does anyone know of any awesome ideas for a background on a display poster?? I need on asap!

message 6: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Clark What is the poster about? What's the theme?

message 7: by ABBSgail (new)

ABBSgail | 192 comments Something about my religion... I want to ideas how I can decorate the background with colored paper.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

You should make cutouts of symbols of your religion. Like, if you're a Christian, make little crosses out of the colored paper.
(I'm not great with things like this, but I hope that helps.)

message 9: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Clark Yea, I agree with Raevyn. Or, you can do for Christianity, symbols of the Saints too.

message 10: by ABBSgail (new)

ABBSgail | 192 comments Thanks guys! You're amazing!
I'll let you know if I have a passable grade... :P

message 11: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Clark Welcome, and good luck!

message 12: by ABBSgail (new)

ABBSgail | 192 comments Okay, so I checked my grade for my poster last night and guess what??
.. I got a 40 out of 40!!

Thanks for the Support and help.

message 13: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Clark Great job Abbs!

message 14: by Erin (new)

Erin | 228 comments Alright, hello peoples :D I didn't think I'd be posting here on my Summer Vacation but here I am.

So for my language arts homework I have to write an essay comparing the conflict of two books. I need some help on how to actually structure my essay.

Here's what I got to do: A. explain each protagonist's conflict, B. explain how each character resolves his/her conflict or why the character fails to resolve the conflict, and C. compare/contrast the two protagonists and their conflicts

Here's what I need to include:
• Introductory paragraph
•3-4 paragraphs that focus on the conflict of the first book
•3-4 paragraphs that focus on the conflict of the second book
•3-4 paragraphs that compare the conflicts of the two books
•Conclusion

It has to be 3-4 pages long, no more, no less.

So should I write it starting with just doing the first book and then moving on to the second, or should I flip back in forth? Or should I do something else?

message 15: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Clark I think ot would be best to do the first book and then the second. What english are you in? I took AP and never had to do anything like that LOL

message 16: by Erin (new)

Erin | 228 comments Alright, thanks! I actually have no idea what my school calls the type of English I'm in, haha. :D

message 17: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Clark Haha, its all good :) What garde are you in? And is it advanced class or general? It sounds like it could be what would have been Ap Language Arts in my school, since it focuses on writing concrete things about books rather than abstract ideas being pulled from them. Cheers!

message 18: by Erin (new)

Erin | 228 comments I'm in 8th grade. It's advanced. Hmm, that sounds really interesting!

message 19: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Clark I loved AP Lit. Englush was always my favorite class

message 20: by ABBSgail (new)

ABBSgail | 192 comments because of my sister's wedding, I failed two courses

message 21: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Clark That sucks Abbs. Can you make them up over the summer or something?

She who must not be named (she_who_must_not_be_named) So after a lot of arguing with my parents, I finally convinced them to let me go to college for what I like which is an English course. Everything was going fine, I was really enjoying college. Then, we had our mid sems. I thought they went okay, but apparently the teachers correct very strictly and my answers weren't up to mark so I got a grade I'm not at all satisfied with. Now I'm questioning everything. I argued and chose this course, but I did bad in the first test. What if this isn't the course for me? What if I've made the wrong decision and now I'm stuck with it for life? I really thought English would be my thing :(

Phoenix~They/Them Ugh stupid writers block. We're supposed to write a story about the classmate we interviewed but I'm having trouble

Phoenix~They/Them Well I asked questions like what power would she want, hobbies, generally described as and all that

Phoenix~They/Them Hmmm I had a great idea. She's dreaming of being a superhero but it seems realistic but at the same time not, then near the end she wakes up and Im gonna add in at the end something funny like hearing a squirrel talk XD then end it there

message 26: by Janessa (new)

Janessa It's only week 5 of the semester and I am already feeling stress building. I have this one teacher who is making me stress and nervous over what I don't know. She's not very organized and when things are due in the class is not very clear. I need organization, and I think worry about her class is making me stress over my other two class. Man! I'm even in tears right now and it's stupid!

message 27: by ABBSgail (new)

ABBSgail | 192 comments Jenny wrote: "That sucks Abbs. Can you make them up over the summer or something?"
I figures I would make up for it during the summer but I didn't have much time. But one of the teachers said I can finish her course so maybe I will someday.

message 28: by ABBSgail (new)

ABBSgail | 192 comments I have a problem... I got myself to do homework(two and a half assignments) after 12 am. Is something wrong with me??

message 29: by Andraste (new)

Andraste | 14 comments ABBSgail wrote: "I have a problem... I got myself to do homework(two and a half assignments) after 12 am. Is something wrong with me??"
No, nothing is wrong with you. you do what you need to do.

message 30: by Andraste (new)

Andraste | 14 comments I have a problem. So in school I'm not being challenged enough in class. So I'm thinking of skipping a grade, but one of my friends made me promise earlier not to skip. (because one of my other friends skipped) So what do I do?

message 31: by ABBSgail (new)

ABBSgail | 192 comments Jenna wrote: "I have a problem. So in school I'm not being challenged enough in class. So I'm thinking of skipping a grade, but one of my friends made me promise earlier not to skip. (because one of my other fri..."

Can't you take a few harder classes and a few easier? I was able to take freshmen classes in my senior year... but it might only be because my school allowed me to.