UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

General Chat - anything Goes > Kindle Problem

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bev (new)

Bev (bevallen) | 18 comments First, hi! Its been ages.
I have trouble keeping a full charge on my kindle and it is driving me wild, you get to the good bit and the screen goes blank, damn it.
Any advice would be great and probably stop me hurling said device through a window.
And, yes, I do put it on charge :-)

Desley (Cat fosterer) (booktigger) | 11198 comments Have you tried a hard reset?

message 3: by Bev (new)

Bev (bevallen) | 18 comments Desley (Cat fosterer) wrote: "Have you tried a hard reset?"
Thank you for replying, I will certainly give it a try. I was deep in Jodi Taylor's latest and snorting coffee down my nose when she made me laugh; then I'm kicked out with nothing but coffee dribble and a blank screen. Bunnies were seriously annoyed.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments A reset cures most ills.

Do you need help to do it?

T4bsF (Call me Flo) (time4bedsaidflorence) About how long does it last? Providing my wi-fi is switched off - one full charge on my Paperwhite will last weeks - on my Fire, which I use more often these days, even with wi-fi on and using it for searches, facebook etc it will last me about 2 days!

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments I'm getting about two weeks on my voyage with wifi off. That's reading about an hour a day through the week and three or four on the weekend.

message 7: by Bev (new)

Bev (bevallen) | 18 comments Patti (baconater) wrote: "A reset cures most ills.

Do you need help to do it?"

Probably:-), but I will hand everything over to geek son when he comes over and then run away and hide until he has sorted it, but thank you for the offer, it was very kind of you.

message 8: by Bev (new)

Bev (bevallen) | 18 comments T4bsF (Call me Flo) wrote: "About how long does it last? Providing my wi-fi is switched off - one full charge on my Paperwhite will last weeks - on my Fire, which I use more often these days, even with wi-fi on and using it f..."

I'm not getting that sort of time from it. I am going to try what Delsey suggested and then, hopefully non-stop Jodi Taylor will be mine.

message 9: by Jim (new)

Jim | 21944 comments is a hard reset anything like percussive maintenance?

Rosemary (grooving with the Picts) (nosemanny) | 9087 comments Hit it with a Glasgow screwdriver!

message 11: by Jim (new)

Jim | 21944 comments that's the one

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments You can do the reset yourself very easily, Bev. Just hold the on switch down for a good count of twenty. The screen will go dark then come back to life. Be patient while it reloads.

Then I'd leave it plugged in to charge overnight with the wifi on, in case it needs updating.

message 13: by Bev (new)

Bev (bevallen) | 18 comments Patti (baconater) wrote: "You can do the reset yourself very easily, Bev. Just hold the on switch down for a good count of twenty. The screen will go dark then come back to life. Be patient while it reloads.

Then I'd leave..."

I will give it a go. thank you again for your help. xx

message 14: by Anita (new)

Anita | 3758 comments Hope that works for you Bev, it usually does.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Please let us know how you get on with it, Bev.

message 16: by Anita (new)

Anita | 3758 comments Hello darling Patti, are you staying warm and comfy today ?

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Hello, lovely Anita!

I'm warm and comfy now. So cold on the walk home, my ear lobes ached.

Not so bad though. There were many times back home I had to take my earrings out before going outside so my ears wouldn't freeze.

message 18: by Anita (new)

Anita | 3758 comments Yes you should be well used to it ! Glad you you tucked up snug and warm now though.

message 19: by Bev (new)

Bev (bevallen) | 18 comments Anita wrote: "Hope that works for you Bev, it usually does."

I will. xx

message 20: by Bev (new)

Bev (bevallen) | 18 comments Kindle is feeling better, but I've discovered the kindle app and I am loving how big the screen is on my lap top. As my glasses have a full and interesting social life which sometimes doesn't include me, the lap top option is wonderful and the actual kindle will be reserved for reading in bed and on the move.
Thank you again everyone for all your help.
xx

Desley (Cat fosterer) (booktigger) | 11198 comments Bev wrote: "Kindle is feeling better, but I've discovered the kindle app and I am loving how big the screen is on my lap top. As my glasses have a full and interesting social life which sometimes doesn't inclu..."

So glad you like the app - curious about your glasses having a social life that doesn't include you.

message 22: by Chris (new)

Chris Robb (chrisrobb) | 1738 comments I hope they're not making a spectacle of themselves.

message 23: by Chris (new)

Chris Robb (chrisrobb) | 1738 comments What sort of social activities do they focus on?

message 24: by Chris (new)

Chris Robb (chrisrobb) | 1738 comments Do they try to keep their social life fom you? Do they lie unsuccessfully regarding what they have been up to?
Well hopefully you'll be able to see right through them!

message 25: by Chris (new)

Chris Robb (chrisrobb) | 1738 comments No doubt when you catch them out they will claim to have been framed.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Do they try pulling the wool over your eyes?

message 27: by Bev (new)

Bev (bevallen) | 18 comments Desley (Cat fosterer) wrote: "Bev wrote: "Kindle is feeling better, but I've discovered the kindle app and I am loving how big the screen is on my lap top. As my glasses have a full and interesting social life which sometimes d..."

They must do, because they are missing so often.

message 28: by Bev (new)

Bev (bevallen) | 18 comments Chris wrote: "No doubt when you catch them out they will claim to have been framed."

LOL

message 29: by Bev (new)

Bev (bevallen) | 18 comments Gingerlily - Mistress Lantern wrote: "Do they try pulling the wool over your eyes?"

I am thinking of getting a collie to bring them home :-)

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Oh Chris. You are so bad! Ha!

I shall be stealing your glasses line, Bev. It's brilliant.

T4bsF (Call me Flo) (time4bedsaidflorence) Lol....... yet another thread punned - nobody tell Kath! ;-)

message 32: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25063 comments Too late! I am about to flounce off!

T4bsF (Call me Flo) (time4bedsaidflorence) OOOOoooooops!!

message 34: by Chris (new)

Chris Robb (chrisrobb) | 1738 comments Sorry, I couldn't help myself. It was like my fingers had developed a life of their own... like Bev's reading glasses!

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments And that infected me. See what you did!

message 36: by Bev (new)

Bev (bevallen) | 18 comments Chris wrote: "Sorry, I couldn't help myself. It was like my fingers had developed a life of their own... like Bev's reading glasses!"
Could your fingers have a word with my glasses and come to some arrangement about leaving little notes. Nothing lengthy, just a hint about where they are going and when they are likely to be back.

message 37: by Chris (new)

Chris Robb (chrisrobb) | 1738 comments I've asked them and they said...
"Only if you stop doing those disgusting things with us."

I'll try to narrow it down in the coming days.

message 38: by Bev (new)

Bev (bevallen) | 18 comments Chris wrote: "I've asked them and they said...
"Only if you stop doing those disgusting things with us."

I'll try to narrow it down in the coming days."

There goes another key board. I must not laugh while typing and drinking coffee.

message 39: by Chris (new)

Chris Robb (chrisrobb) | 1738 comments Okay, that's two things eliminated.

message 40: by Chris (new)

Chris Robb (chrisrobb) | 1738 comments And another five things. Who'd have thought?