The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > New to Goodreads-Introduction

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Richard (new)

Richard Homawoo | 2 comments Dear All,

I figured out that "sometimes it is at the end of the journey that we find meaning in the trajectory." I did not plan to be here among other authors this soon though it's been almost 20 years since I've wanted to write. So I finally did it and published three books...I got fed up and could not wait...smiles. Three? Yes but obviously one nonfiction and two collections of poems, one which has been converted into audio.

But the first book, I guess was a daunting one. When I share it with friends and co-workers the first question they ask is: "does your wife like it". Why? Because the title says "Paradoxical-What I Wish I Knew Before I Got Married." Did people think I was writing about my wife? In fact what I wish I knew was is exactly what my wife wished she had known...She is the hidden co-author. We both enjoyed the book. While we thought this could help future lovers, it turns out we also need it ourselves. You see? Sometimes you think you are writing for others. But the closest audience can't be farther.

I am here to share and learn from you. I believe there is so much learning and growing in feedback from all sides both positives and negatives...as long as they are constructive. I take them all. I have just one aim. Become a better writer.

Glad to be a part of this party.

Very sincerely,

message 2: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10089 comments Mod
Richard. Welcome to the group. Please familiarize yourself with the group rules and we look forward to seeing you participate in the threads.

message 3: by Richard (new)

Richard Homawoo | 2 comments Perfect Lori. Will do.

Anytime.

Richard