The Challenge Factory discussion

2017 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > February Buddy Read Discussion

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (last edited Jan 25, 2017 10:38AM) (new)

Denise (destiny_chan) | 5840 comments Mod
Buddy Read

February Buddy Read Discussion
Duration: 01 February 2017 - 28 February 2017

Instructions & Info:

Rules:

Use this thread to find your buddy and determine your book! You can always start by posting books, authors or genres you are interested in. When you decide who your buddy will be and what book(s) you're going to read head on over to the FINAL SIGN UP thread (see link at bottom) and tell me your book and buddy there (there will be instructions to follow).

1. If you want to participate post your name and let people know what genre(s) you are interested in reading and/or any books that you're interested in reading.

2. If you already know who you’d like to read with, go to the Final Sign Up thread and post your information for me!

3. Groups of 3 or more are also fine, the more the merrier.

4. I will create Buddy Discussion Threads for each Buddy group and you will be able to start reading and discussing.

5. There are no rules on what, how much or how often to discuss or how best to pace your reading - whatever works best for each individual group.

5.The challenge usually spans a month. If you'd like to start a longer buddy read, you can mention the time frame you have in mind when posting to look for a buddy. If you need more time to finish your book at the end of the month, just drop me a line in the next month's sign ups to keep your thread open.

6.You CAN sign up for more than one Buddy Read...in fact it's encouraged!

ANY QUESTIONS JUST ASK!

Once you have a buddy, go to the February Sign Up Thread and post your book and your buddy.

message 2: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new)

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) | 4390 comments Mod
Erin, you still up for The Young Elites series this month?

message 3: by Wolf (Alpha) (last edited Jan 25, 2017 11:18AM) (new)

message 4: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new)

Tura wrote: "Is anyone up for reading these? Divergent, Insurgent, Allegiant, Four: A Divergent Story Collection, The Selection, ..."

I'd be down for Four: A Divergent Story Collection, as it's the only book on your list of series I haven't read. I've already got a sign up post started, would you like me to add this to that post?

message 5: by Wolf (Alpha) (new)

Wolf (Alpha) | 169 comments Yes please!

message 6: by Erin (new)

Erin | 316 comments Trea wrote: "Erin, you still up for The Young Elites series this month?"

Yup! :-)

message 7: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new)

Erin wrote: "Trea wrote: "Erin, you still up for The Young Elites series this month?"

Yup! :-)"

Great! I've got it in my sign up post!

message 8: by Leo(nie) (new)

Leo(nie) (lemongreen_bird) | 311 comments I'll be tackling some of these next month:

The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastard, #1) by Scott Lynch First Daughter (Royals of Dharia #3) by Susan Kaye Quinn Deadline (Newsflesh Trilogy, #2) by Mira Grant All the Birds in the Sky by Charlie Jane Anders Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi Shelter by Jung Yun The Crimson Petal and the White by Michel Faber The Paper Menagerie and Other Stories by Ken Liu Too Like the Lightning (Terra Ignota, #1) by Ada Palmer

message 9: by Erin (last edited Jan 25, 2017 12:16PM) (new)

Erin | 316 comments Trea wrote: "Tura wrote: "Is anyone up for reading these? Divergent, Insurgent, Allegiant, Four: A Divergent Story Collection..."

You can add me to Four: A Divergent Story Collection as well. I thoroughly enjoyed Divergent, Insurgent and Allegiant!

message 10: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new)

Erin wrote: "Trea wrote: "Tura wrote: "Is Four: A Divergent Story Collectionanyone up for reading these? Divergent, Insurgent, Allegiant, Four: A Divergent Story Collection..."

You can add me to as well. I thoroughly enjoyed Divergent, Insurgent and Allegiant! "

Gotcha covered!

message 11: by Rachel (last edited Jan 25, 2017 01:28PM) (new)

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 650 comments I will be reading:
Strays by Jennifer Caloyeras in February. I am flexible on start date because I own the book. I got a copy from the author to review on my blog and I've totally slacked on it so I neeeed to do it, lol. It looks like a really good book!

Vathek by William Beckford , which is an old gothic novel. It was one of my dusty book shelf books and it's been on my TBR shelf forever so I'm definitely gonna do that one!

Other books I'm planning on reading:
Little Heaven by Nick Cutter We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson Alice (The Chronicles of Alice, #1) by Christina Henry

Anyone interested in joining?

Nikki the Sapphired Book Dragon AKA NixieNut  (sapphireddragon) | 503 comments I am keen to read one ( or all) of these this month:

Wayfarer (Passenger, #2) by Alexandra Bracken RoseBlood by A.G. Howard The Immortal Bind by Traci Harding Windwitch (The Witchlands, #2) by Susan Dennard Lover at Last (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #11) by J.R. Ward

Anyone interested in joining me?

message 13: by Wolf (Alpha) (new)

Wolf (Alpha) | 169 comments I will read Wayfarer (Passenger, #2) by Alexandra Bracken with you.

Nikki the Sapphired Book Dragon AKA NixieNut  (sapphireddragon) | 503 comments Coolies Tura! I will go sign us up :-)

message 15: by cherryjellybeans (new)

cherryjellybeans (cherryandjellybeans) | 60 comments Anyone interested in reading the

Size 12 Is Not Fat (Heather Wells, #1) by Meg Cabot

Heather Wells series starting with the first book this month?

message 16: by SandyC (new)

SandyC (sandyc88) | 1198 comments Leo, I can read The Crimson Petal and the White by Michel Faber with you. I have had this on my TBR for WAY too long!

message 17: by Samantha (last edited Jan 25, 2017 07:28PM) (new)

Samantha Harvey (missymaysreadingnook) | 404 comments Just to let you all now, Nathalie and I are going to read Words of Radiance and The Invasion of the Tearling together if anyone wants to join in with us :)

Words of Radiance (The Stormlight Archive, #2) by Brandon Sanderson The Invasion of the Tearling (The Queen of the Tearling, #2) by Erika Johansen

message 18: by Runell (last edited Jan 25, 2017 10:29PM) (new)

Runell I picked these up from the library:

The Sun Is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon My Brilliant Friend (The Neapolitan Novels #1) by Elena Ferrante White Oleander by Janet Fitch The Lowland by Jhumpa Lahiri

And these have been sitting on the Kindle for a while.

Something Like Spring (Something Like, #4) by Jay Bell The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini Walk on Earth a Stranger (The Gold Seer Trilogy, #1) by Rae Carson After I Do by Taylor Jenkins Reid An Ember in the Ashes (An Ember in the Ashes, #1) by Sabaa Tahir

Nikki the Sapphired Book Dragon AKA NixieNut  (sapphireddragon) | 503 comments Runell wrote: "I picked these up from the library:

The Sun Is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon My Brilliant Friend (The Neapolitan Novels #1) by Elena Ferrante White Oleander by Janet Fitch The Lowland by Jhumpa Lahiri

And the..."

I would be keen to do An Ember in the Ashes (An Ember in the Ashes, #1) by Sabaa Tahir as its been sitting on my bookshelf for a couple years now

message 20: by Leo(nie) (new)

Leo(nie) (lemongreen_bird) | 311 comments Sandy wrote: "Leo, I can read The Crimson Petal and the White by Michel Faber with you. I have had this on my TBR for WAY too long!"

Great, I'll sign us up!

message 21: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (last edited Feb 11, 2017 05:29PM) (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 16365 comments Mod
Books that I'll be tackling this month:
Never Again So Close by Claudia Serrano Behind Closed Doors (McClouds & Friends #1) by Shannon McKenna Lazaretto by Diane McKinney-Whetstone The Odds of Loving Grover Cleveland by Rebekah Crane #Junkie (GearShark, #1) by Cambria Hebert Good Boy (WAGs, #1) by Sarina Bowen

Continuing BR of The Protectors: Salvation (The Protectors, #2) by Sloane Kennedy All These Hidden Scars (Loose Ends, #0.5) by Avril Ashton

message 22: by Elena (new)

Elena | 1382 comments Camille wrote: "Anyone interested in reading the

Heather Wells series starting with the first book this month?"

Camille - i'm interested in reading this one with you ! Size 12 Is Not Fat (Heather Wells, #1) by Meg Cabot

message 23: by Elena (new)

Elena | 1382 comments Is anyone interested in any of these?

Alex (Cold Fury Hockey, #1) by Sawyer Bennett You (You, #1) by Caroline Kepnes My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon by P.N. Elrod Panic by Lauren Oliver Afterworlds by Scott Westerfeld Deeper (Caroline & West, #1) by Robin York Her Unexpected Hero (Unexpected Heroes, #1) by Melody Anne Island of Glass (The Guardians Trilogy, #3) by Nora Roberts The Professional (The Game Maker, #1) by Kresley Cole

message 24: by Diamond (new)

Diamond Jones-Cox (mzaware28) Elena wrote: "Is anyone interested in any of these?

I'm interested in reading You (You, #1) by Caroline Kepnes

message 25: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 650 comments Elena wrote: "Is anyone interested in any of these?

Alex (Cold Fury Hockey, #1) by Sawyer Bennett You (You, #1) by Caroline Kepnes My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon by P.N. Elrod Panic by Lauren Oliver The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy #1-5) by Douglas Adams You (You, #1) by Caroline Kepnes is on my TBR shelf and I'd be interested in doing a buddy read!

message 26: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 650 comments You (You, #1) by Caroline Kepnes
is on my TBR shelf and I'd be interested in doing a buddy read, Elena!

message 27: by Elena (new)

Elena | 1382 comments Cool I will sign us up !

message 28: by cherryjellybeans (new)

cherryjellybeans (cherryandjellybeans) | 60 comments Elena wrote: "Camille wrote: "Anyone interested in reading the

Heather Wells series starting with the first book this month?"

Camille - i'm interested in reading this on..."

Cool, will go sign us up then.

message 29: by SandyC (new)

SandyC (sandyc88) | 1198 comments Runell, I can join the buddy read for An Ember in the Ashes (An Ember in the Ashes, #1) by Sabaa Tahir

message 30: by Monica (new)

Monica Shastri (nicafictionalfandoms) | 6 comments Anybody wanting to read any of these books?
1. The kite runner - Khaled Hosseini
2. A Thousand Nights - E.K. Johnston
3. Quiet - Susan Cain
4. Truly Madly Guilty - Liane Moriarty

message 31: by SandyC (new)

SandyC (sandyc88) | 1198 comments Would anyone be interesting in reading/re-reading:

1984 by George Orwell The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood

message 32: by Runell (new)

Runell I'll sign us up, Sandy and Nikk.

message 33: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Anyone wanna join me with Good Boy (WAGs, #1) by Sarina Bowen and Any Boy But You (North Pole, Minnesota, #1) by Julie Hammerle

message 34: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Ezi & Krissy will read Three Weeks to Wed (The Worthingtons, #1) by Ella Quinn and Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green . Anyone wanna join us?

message 35: by Runell (last edited Feb 15, 2017 09:20AM) (new)

Runell Anyone interested in reading:

The Winner's Curse (The Winner's Trilogy, #1) by Marie Rutkoski The Gunslinger (The Dark Tower, #1) by Stephen King The Silkworm (Cormoran Strike, #2) by Robert Galbraith Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2) by Sarah J. Maas