Book Loving Kiwis discussion

Tribulation (Rapture Trilogy, #2)
This topic is about Tribulation
Archives > Tribulation

Comments (showing 1-24 of 24) (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angie (last edited Jun 05, 2014 01:09AM) (new)

Angie (Seren-Lucy) | 1147 comments If you intend to read Tribulation by Kiwi author Phillip W. Simpson during the month of June, please leave a comment below. Sorry for the late notice! I'd completely forgotten about the Author Member book until this morning.

Participating:
Colleen
Kathleen
Sharlene
Ciska

message 2: by Angie (new)

Angie (Seren-Lucy) | 1147 comments NB: This is the second book in the series, but the group read the first book in December.

message 3: by Colleen (new)

Colleen Fauchelle | 13 comments I'm in. I have all three books. I enjoyed the first one. I just get distracted by other books. So this is good encouragement. Colleen

Kathleen Dixon (kiwikathleen) | 1403 comments I'm in (have downloaded an e-copy from the library)!

Sharlene (sharlenesays) | 510 comments Mod
from the Auckland library? I tried searching Overdrive & didn't come up with this book.

Gisborne library doesn't have a copy :( They have Rapture, although I don't see it listed as a series. Will have to mention it to a librarian next time I'm there.

Kathleen Dixon (kiwikathleen) | 1403 comments Sharlene wrote: "from the Auckland library? I tried searching Overdrive & didn't come up with this book.

Gisborne library doesn't have a copy :( They have Rapture, although I don't see it listed as a series. Will ..."

Yes, Auckland. I got it through the Wheeler's platform. I wish the library had just one search function for any title and could then take you to the correct place to borrow it! But I sent a suggestion about being able to link better and it's apparently just not possible.

message 7: by Lesley~aka Ella's Gran (last edited Jun 02, 2014 10:10PM) (new)

Lesley~aka Ella's Gran | 1534 comments Kathleen wrote: "Sharlene wrote: "from the Auckland library? I tried searching Overdrive & didn't come up with this book.

Gisborne library doesn't have a copy :( They have Rapture, although I don't see it listed a..."

It is possible by adding a discovery layer to their catalogue, which allows a search across all databases simultaneously, but that's more money so not likely to be probable.

Excellent! I've put in a request. Looking at late June. Must be when you return your copy.

Kathleen Dixon (kiwikathleen) | 1403 comments Ella's Gran wrote: "It is possible by adding a discovery layer to their catalogue, which allows a search across all databases simultaneously, but that's more money so not likely to be probable...."

Ah yes. 'Twould be nice, but no I don't want my rates to go up even further!...

Phillip Simpson (PhillipWSimpson) | 24 comments Hi guys,

Yep, I know you can get all three from Wheelers. If you need some food for thought, check out the reviews below (this is for Apocalypse but the same woman has reviewed all three books)

http://www.phillipwsimpson.com/blog/a...

Thanks again for choosing one of my books. Happy reading!

Phillip Simpson (PhillipWSimpson) | 24 comments Oh, and in other news, my latest YA novel (Minotaur) has been picked up by U.S publisher Month9books:

http://booksellers.co.nz/book-news/ki...

Due for release in October 2015 so keep a look out for it.

Here's their website:

http://month9booksblog.com/our-authors/

And here's the website of my new agent:

http://www.wordlink.us/our-clients.html

message 12: by Colleen (new)

Colleen Fauchelle | 13 comments Wonderful news Phillip for your new book being picked up by a publisher. Hope all goes well.

All the best from Colleen

Phillip Simpson (PhillipWSimpson) | 24 comments Thanks, Colleen!

Ciska I'm glad that this book has been chosen for this month. It has been on my 'to read' list since we read book 1.

Got my copy last night so hopefully I can get this book finished by the end of the month *wishful thinking*

Kathleen Dixon (kiwikathleen) | 1403 comments I got an e-copy from the library but didn't start reading immediately (due to the idiotic number of other books I've been trying to read), and then it expired halfway through. I now have to wait till July apparently!

As at expiration date I was enjoying it very much, though not perhaps as much as "Rapture" so far.

Sorry! I swooped as soon as I saw it was available. I'm halfway through another book but I hope to finish this one over the weekend. Will be available again Monday *hopefully*

message 18: by Kathleen (last edited Jun 25, 2014 02:20AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kathleen Dixon (kiwikathleen) | 1403 comments Lol. All's fair on library waiting lists!
And it gave me time to read Divergent which had come available 2 days before, and wasn't going to hang around long.....

Phillip Simpson (PhillipWSimpson) | 24 comments Great to hear you are all persevering!

I couldn't get Wheelers ebooks to download using my overdrive app so I've returned Tribulation.

Lesley~aka Ella's Gran | 1534 comments Sharlene, I could be wrong here but I think Wheelers ebooks are in ePub or pdf format so won't work on Overdrive. You may have to load Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) to your PC. Your library should have instructions for doing this in their ebook help section.

Thanks Ella's Gran. I have downloaded the DL reader app & am able to open it using that. It seems Wheelers doesn't support Overdrive on Apple devices. I don't think I'll be able to finish it overnight but at least I will be able to start it on time!

Lesley~aka Ella's Gran | 1534 comments Sharlene wrote: "Thanks Ella's Gran. I have downloaded the DL reader app & am able to open it using that. It seems Wheelers doesn't support Overdrive on Apple devices. I don't think I'll be able to finish it overni..."

It's Overdrive that doesn't do the supporting Sharlene. It doesn't like the ePub and pdf formats, only itself and that's how they keep 'control' - a bit Amazonish.

Another way you can successfully download and read these formats is through the Kobo app which you can get for android, Apple, and desktop. Good to have at the ready!
Cheers
Lesley

Finished! Thanks everyone.
Lots of action, it was really slow building especially as Sam travels across country. Don't wanna give anything away. Ends on a bit of a cliffhanger... But I will be seeing what happens in the next installation!