Making Connections discussion

ARCHIVES > advice/writing buddies???

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hazuki (new)

Hazuki (hazuki_lc) | 6 comments I don't really know what else to call this but hey, I go by exfairy on the internet and I write. Like a lot. I've been writing for fun (like not set school work) since I was 7 and wrote my first "novel" (not published or anything) when I was 11/12.
Right now, I have three projects and I have some things I'd like advice on so if you can answer, it'd be really helpful!

Project 1: A YA contemporary (these will all be YA btw) novel. I started this for Camp NaNoWriMo in 2015 and won with 30000 words. I carried on a little and got to a break point where I didn't know how to move on but within the past month, I jumped right back on board that train. And I'm kind of taking a pit stop right now. Basically I initially intended it to be a fantasy inspired by The Borrowers, but I added a character in and that character wanted to stay. I think that's why I stopped writing for so long but yeah, I kind of know where I'm heading with that. I'd really like a writing buddy, or someone I can trust to read over what I've got so far. I'm worried that I'm throwing in too many debateyish topics...

Project 2: This is YA high fantasy. I started this for NaNoWriMo 2015 and tried it again for Camp 2016 but failed both. I know where I want this book to go, I'm just struggling to write the journey. Again, a writing buddy or someone who can help would be much appreciated? :)

Project 3: A three-part fanfiction. Yes, I know, fanfiction is debatable but hear me out. So my fanfiction is about a certain group of celebrities as opposed to set in an already set out fictional world. So I took the typical traits that these celebrites possessed, like what movies they like, what football teams they support etc and after 6 years of writing (yes you read that right 6 years), I've come to realise that I've created my own characters to fit the original characters I came up with. Right now I'm going through my last major editing process but I'm considering changing the names and using that as something I could publish. Despite it being fanfiction, I'm still really proud of it and I've become so invested in the main characters I've created. There are flaws right now that would stop it being a published one (aside from the fanfiction side of things) but it's the only finished thing I have. I know it sounds like I'm settling for this but I am genuinely proud of it - why else would I have been writing it for 6 years? (because my writing at 12 sucked). Anyway, for this one I'd really appreciate advice on how to go about publishing/what I said above. The first one is on Wattpad fully updated (today actually) if anyone's interested: https://www.wattpad.com/story/2042682...
PS you don't have to be a fan of the group to read it. Please look past that if you don't like the group!

Sorry about such a rambly post. To summarise, three projects, I'd really like a writing buddy/generic person to judge my work. I write YA teen fiction.

message 2: by Zee (new)

Zee Monodee (zee_monodee) | 47 comments Hi exfairy

Sounds like you've been bitten by the writing bug and are very enthusiastic about it - this is what is gonna take you far in this world. :)

So, I'm an author and also an editor, and I edit YA as well. Not saying I'm mentor material or anything, LOL, but I'd love to work with you if you'd trust my judgement on your work.

You can reach me at zeemonodee@gmail.com Hit me up anytime, okay? :)

message 3: by Hazuki (new)

Hazuki (hazuki_lc) | 6 comments Zee wrote: "Hi exfairy

Sounds like you've been bitten by the writing bug and are very enthusiastic about it - this is what is gonna take you far in this world. :)

So, I'm an author and also an editor, and I ..."

Hey thanks - I just sent you an email ;)