GOOD REVIEWS discussion

The Alliance (The Evox Chronicles #1)
This topic is about The Alliance
Self Publishing > THE ALLIANCE - SCI-FI lovers needed for the role of REVIEWER. Auditions open :P

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chris (last edited Jan 24, 2017 10:49AM) (new)

Chris Wright (author_chris_g_wright) | 10 comments Hi everyone. The name is Chris G. Wright, an indie author looking to grab your attention. If you're reading this, then I obviously have.

Here's the story: as an indie author, having a full-time job Monday-Friday, writing one book and promoting it, and writing the sequel, and trying to find some me-time, isn't a walk in the park.

So, here's the thing. I'm looking for people who love reading books, especially sci-fi. The Alliance is my debut novel, my baby, and it's Volume 1 of 6. I'm looking for reviewers who don't expect to find the answer in the first 50 pages, as I pace myself in the first 100 and lay the foundations for another 300 pages of an action/adventure/war drama/space opera fun park. I'm looking for people who enjoy the ride, not just focus on the destination. Would you like it if in Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, Frodo tossed the Ring in the fiery pits of Mordor in the first 30 mins? Didn't think so.
The Alliance (The Evox Chronicles #1) by Chris G. Wright

message 2: by Dee (new) - added it

Dee Martin (deemartin) | 2 comments well since I have already marked your book as a "want to read" I would certainly give it a chance. I like Sci-fi and dystopian fiction and i don't mind a series as long as it holds my interest and doesn't drag out for no reason. Give me a reason to be hooked!

message 3: by Chris (new)

Chris Wright (author_chris_g_wright) | 10 comments Hi Dee. Yes indeed, you have marked it. There is indeed purpose on the surface and each civilisation/faction have their own pursuits, but the essence of the series is stretched across 6 books. I can't say more on it because I'll give in to the temptation of giving hints

message 4: by Dee (new) - added it

Dee Martin (deemartin) | 2 comments No hints necessary. Just explaining my feelings about book series. I read the entire Game of Thrones series including the one (I think it was the fourth) that seemed unnecessarily long and tedious. I cared enough about the characters to want to know what happened to them next. If as an author, you accomplish that, I can overlook most everything else including a few plot holes.

message 5: by Chris (new)

Chris Wright (author_chris_g_wright) | 10 comments Definitely no plot holes. I have planned out the entire series, and I'm currently populating Volume 2. All events in Volume 1 are connected to the sequels, and where some side stories in Volume 1 trail off, it's done so purposely so that they reappear at regular intervals later on (most concluding at Volume 4). There's a reason for everything. Think of the saying "A bad penny always turns up," and you'll understand. It always fascinated me because fantasy author R.A Salvatore would bring back past events/characters from side stories etc. to "haunt" his cast in sequels/future series.