The Not a Book Club Club discussion

Winter's Heart (The Wheel of Time, #9)
This topic is about Winter's Heart
Wheel of Time > WH: Part 9 (Chapters 28-31)

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Bill | 1596 comments Part 9

Please keep all discussion and speculation to the events of Part 9 (Chapters 28-31).

No spoiler tags required. Though it would be highly appreciated if you Uncheck Add to my Update Feed to avoid accidentally spoiling this for your good read friends.

Please do not discuss events from later chapters/books. Referring back to events from a previous section/book is fine.

message 2: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 3 stars

Rob (robzak) | 6373 comments Mod
Elayne meets with the Borderlanders and makes a deal to use them to help her rally support for her crown. However there is now an unknown army marching from the east. Who might it be? She's preparing for a siege. Maybe it's one of her brothers though?

Meanwhile Mat is making plans of his own to free some of the Aes Sedai and leave the city. Plans that quickly go to hell. Lucky for him he runs into one of the blood and her smuggler Boyfriend who need his help. Unlucky for him, the Queen returns early and Tuon surprises him as he's making his escape. With some help from Bowl, he takes her captive.

He finally learns who she really is, and now he's taking her with him. He's presumably taking her maid too, which as we learned earlier is a lot more than she seems.

I've been loving the Mat parts of this book. It's really saved it from the slower and more boring parts, especially the early parts with Elayne.

I'm looking forward to the final section tomorrow.

Bill | 1596 comments The borderlanders were coming to take on Rand so will be interesting to see how this effects their pact with Elayne.

Mat can't help himself. His sections are definitely the best but I'm liking Elayne and Nynaeve more than the past books. Good to see Mat getting a more diverse cast of supporters. Nola has me suspicious though. He always seems to turn up at just the right moment.

message 4: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 3 stars

Rob (robzak) | 6373 comments Mod
yeah. We know very little about Noal at this point. It could be similar to Elayne's "rescuer"

Bill | 1596 comments Very true. I didn't immediately think of that parallel but it makes sense that if the dark friends trick worked once they could try it again.