The Not a Book Club Club discussion

Winter's Heart (The Wheel of Time, #9)
This topic is about Winter's Heart
Wheel of Time > WH: Part 7 (Chapters 19-23)

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Bill | 1596 comments Part 7

Please keep all discussion and speculation to the events of Part 7 (Chapters 19-23).

No spoiler tags required. Though it would be highly appreciated if you Uncheck Add to my Update Feed to avoid accidentally spoiling this for your good read friends.

Please do not discuss events from later chapters/books. Referring back to events from a previous section/book is fine.

message 2: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 3 stars

Rob (robzak) | 6373 comments Mod
Rand fights two of the Rebel Ashaman with swords. I'm not sure if this was explained ahead of time and I missed it, but we definitely learned later that Far Madding has Terangreal that prevent both men and from channeling.

There also appears to be strict rules about swords. One of the Ashaman is killed by the other while attempting to kill Rand. The both he and Rand fled from the guards before finishing their fight.

It sounds as though they were ordered to kill Rand by The Mahael. And there was talk of the foresaken. So does that mean Taim is working for the Foresaken?

We do know that Logain doesn't trust him, and that he has an inner circle.

Bill | 1596 comments I don't think we learned about Far Madding being channeling free until later. I was confused why they didn't use the power to fight.

Sounds like Taim is a dark friend but if he is why didn't he try taking Rand out at the end of the last book?

message 4: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 3 stars

We definitely learned about the channeling in Far Madding in this section, but probably not at the start when we first see Rand there confronting some of the rebel Ashaman.

And yeah, Taim's motivations are incredibly murky at this point.

Bill | 1596 comments I thought we learned it when Catsuane's group arrived and she explained it to the other sisters but I could be wrong.

message 6: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 3 stars

We did. That happened in this section

Sumant | 522 comments Why is Lewis Therin going all crazy in that city?

Also did not get the part regarding how the ash man found Rand in that city?

message 8: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lews Tharin is going crazy because he is cut off from the source.

I'm not sure how the Ashaman found Rand, but Rand was looking for them, so it's possible that's how he exposed himself.