The Not a Book Club Club discussion

Winter's Heart (The Wheel of Time, #9)
This topic is about Winter's Heart
Wheel of Time > WH: Part 1 (Prologue)

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Bill | 1596 comments Part 1

Please keep all discussion and speculation to the events of Part 1 (Prologue).

No spoiler tags required. Though it would be highly appreciated if you Uncheck Add to my Update Feed to avoid accidentally spoiling this for your good read friends.

Please do not discuss events from later chapters/books. Referring back to events from a previous section/book is fine.

message 2: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 3 stars

Rob (robzak) | 6374 comments Mod
So big prologue. Nothing much of note except Elaine and Avienda are now first sisters.

Also we check back in with the hunt for the Black Ajah in the tower. They finally confirmed their first black sister after what seems like torture using some kind on one power device.

message 3: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 3 stars

Oh, I also enjoyed the part where we check in with the Black Tower. It seems like Logain has his own faction, in opposition to Taim. They are about equal in power.

It seems to me either Logain was really powerful, or the method of healing Gentling works better for men. Maybe she needed a different approach to restore women completely, because Logain sounds to be quite formidable.

We also find out Flinn and some of the others have been added to Taim's wanted list, but they didn't participate in Dashiva's attack or flee with him. In fact it sounds like they stayed in Camlyn.

Rand should maybe give him the benefit of the doubt. He did help to heal him after his attack after all..

message 4: by Sumant (last edited Jan 26, 2017 08:31PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Sumant | 522 comments Ya interesting prologue Elayne is learning what it will be like to be a queen, the way she dealt with sea folk and Ashaman was awesome.

The tower Aes Sedai are using oath rod to a good use, and in the quest to find black sisters they also end up finding sisters sent by Egwene to spread rumors, and now they are debating whether they should use them to find other black sisters or punish them.

Torvaine who was sent by Elaida to destroy black tower finds herself helpless against Logain, don't know what kind of weave he is using to completely control these guys because they are not able to do anything which he says no to.

Also the different kind of inventions that the Rand comes to know are interesting they have manage to invent electricity.

message 5: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sumant wrote: "Also the different kind of inventions that the Rand comes to know are interesting they have manage to invent electricity. "

And a prototype for a train.

Bill | 1596 comments I finally have time to sit down and add my notes and can't find them. :(

I liked the glimpse into the black tower but yet again we have more divisions. Are we supposed to suspect Tarim for having adding Flinn and others to the list of wanted? Could be trying to hide any evidence of his involvement.