Editors and Writers discussion

Free Copy Editing for Sci-Fi/Fantasy Novels

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by J. Z. (new)

J. Z. Kelley (jzkelley) | 2 comments Hello friends!

I am a new copy editor looking to gain experience and get honest feedback.

I am not an amateur who woke up one day and decided to call herself a copy editor. I have a BA in English, four years' professional writing experience, and a year of academic editing under my belt. I want to make the transition to fiction copy editing.

Some details:

1.) Copy editing involves reading and making suggestions for correct spelling, grammar, syntax, word usage, consistency, and flow. It does not involve feedback on plot, characterization, or pacing.
2.) I can accept up to two books at a time.
3.) I guarantee a maximum turnaround time of two weeks.
4.) I prefer to work in Google Docs so that we can discuss your manuscript in real time. However, I can also work with the track changes in MS Word if that is your preference.
5.) My services are absolutely free at this time, no strings attached. If you like the results, I hope you'll write a testimonial I can use on my site.

If you have any questions, please let me know!

message 2: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra Larsen | 1 comments Hi Jazzi! I have a YA urban fantasy novel that I am just putting the finishing touches on and would love to leave a testimonial on your website in exchange for copy-editing services!

message 3: by JaDean (new)

JaDean Frehner | 1 comments Jazzi wrote: "Hello friends!

I am not an amateur who woke up one day and decided to call herself a copy editor. I have a BA in English..."

Jazzi wrote: "Hello friends!

I am not an amateur who woke up one day and decided to call herself a copy editor. I have a BA in English..."

Jazzi-- If you are still looking for something to edit in exchange for a testimonial let me know. I have a 50,000 Middle Grade Fantasy ready for editing.
Thanks!

message 4: by Nuala (new)

Nuala | 3 comments Hello Jazzi,
Please elaborate what it is you are asking for?
If it is feedback I would be very pleased to do that. If you are looking for editorial work I have a novel of 82k words, that requires editing.
Please email me if you like.
nuala.sherry@gmail.com