The Sword and Laser discussion

Robert Rankin....

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paul (new)

Paul Kelly (ptekelly) | 206 comments Any other Robert Rankin fans out there also thinking that we could be in the age of President Wormwood? Just glad it's not 1999!

message 2: by William (last edited Jan 26, 2017 04:59AM) (new)

William | 405 comments Yep. It makes me just want to hide out in the allotment shed, or maybe just curl up at a corner table at the Flying Swan, chewing the fat and talking about the good old days when all you had to worry about were possessed cars and the apocalypse being brought about by celebrating the millennium early, to avoid the rush.

My hope is that Neville has something up his sleeve. Otherwise we just have to pin all our hopes on Barry, our little gift from God's Garden ;-)

message 3: by Paul (new)

Paul Kelly (ptekelly) | 206 comments :)

message 4: by Misti (new)

Misti (spookster5) | 475 comments I quite enjoyed The Hollow Chocolate Bunnies of the Apocalypse. Haven't read anything else by him, but I wouldn't rule it out. Just so much to read so little time.

message 5: by Paul (new)

Paul Kelly (ptekelly) | 206 comments Hi Misti

I would certainly recommend the Brentford Triangle, the anti-pope and east of ealing!

But my favourite is still Armageddon the Musical. With Elvis, a Time travelling sprout and the Apocalypse - what more could you want!

message 6: by Misti (new)

Misti (spookster5) | 475 comments Paul wrote: "Hi Misti

I would certainly recommend the Brentford Triangle, the anti-pope and east of ealing!

But my favourite is still Armageddon the Musical. With Elvis, a Time travelling sprout and the Apoca..."

Thanks! I will check them out! :)

message 7: by William (new)

William | 405 comments Paul wrote: "Hi Misti

I would certainly recommend the Brentford Triangle, the anti-pope and east of ealing!."

I agree.

"The Brentford Chainstore Massacre" and "The Sprouts of Wrath" are also good, as is "Nostrodamus Ate My Hamster".

Sometimes I think that his greatest skill is coming up with awesome book titles :-)