Who's Your Author? discussion

General Book Talk > What order?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alicia (last edited Jan 22, 2017 04:33PM) (new)

Alicia | 17 comments My fiancé and I agreed that I have to read one series to the end before starting another. I started and am currently in the middle of several series, but I wonder if you can help me pick one to currently stick with. The series to decide from are Demonica from Larissa Ione, Lords of Underworld by Gena Showalter, The Legaue by Sherrilyn Kenyon, or Black Dagger Brotherhood by J. R. Ward. What do you all think?

message 2: by Jenn (new)

Jenn | 59 comments Hi Alicia:), first I want to say how much I love your profile pic! Wolves and dragons are 2 of my favs.

I would have to pick The League by Sherrilyn Kenyon. I found it to be a very engrossing series and each book a fast read.

message 3: by Alicia (new)

Alicia | 17 comments Thanks Jen. I have to say your profile pick is pretty awesome! I love the dragon with what looks like tattoos, very unique.

Also thank you for the recommendation.

message 4: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4048 comments I would probably go for Demonica loved every book!

I am biased and would suggest you take my advice with a grain of salt. I love Sherrilyn Kenyon but I am not sure I could read her back to back. To much tortured hero. I used to love Gena Showalter then she made some life changes and I did not enjoy her books so much. Having said that I do own several of the Lords books so one day I will muddle though. Black Dagger I loved until like book seven then we broke up, never got back together and honestly I do not feel like I am missing anything.

Good luck I have not read a series straight through in forever. ...maybe I should seek out some older ones that are completed so I can :-)

message 5: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) I second Dawn's recommendation of Demonica. The entire series was great although I do have my favorites.

I haven't read The League but knowing Kenyon's writing style, it is difficult to read her books too close together without getting burned out.

Lords of the Underworld is also very good but as Dawn says, Showalter's style has changed recently and the later books are not as good.

I gave up on BDB after book #4. I couldn't stand the idiotic storylines and gangsta speak. Not for me.

message 6: by Jenn (new)

Jenn | 59 comments Thanks:) I love looking for pics of dragons and this one stood out to me.

Good luck deciding which series to pick. I can't stay with just one series, I bounce all over lol