2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Thread of Fear (The Glass Sisters, #1)
This topic is about Thread of Fear
Thread of Fear > Question H

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7625 comments Mod
What about Jack and Fiona's romance worked/didn't work?

Laura | 383 comments It totally worked for me, every aspect.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments It didn't really work for me. They had strong chemistry but their individual personalities got in the way. I really didn't like the fact that Jack wasn't truthful. He goes in my anti-hottie harem.

I'm with Lauren with this one. I couldn't stand Jack's lying (I liked your earlier phrase, "economy with the truth") and Fiona's hot/cold attitude.

Laura | 383 comments I didn't mind the lying actually. They weren't really a thing at that time. He was trying to solve the case, and I find it strange in books when every aspect of the cases are shared by the detectives with whomever they are sleeping with.

But he was trying to make them a thing and he'd lie about things that had nothing to do with the case (i.e., his relationship with Lucy). She wasn't due the details of the case and he could easily say he wasn't able to share that info. To just lie was a character flaw.

Danielle  Gypsy Soul (afdaniellet) I didn't really buy their relationship. The fact that he wasn't honest about Lucy and then when he lied he was going over to her house would have set off a million read flags with me. Then the fact that Fiona kept going hot/cold just made it more unrealistic. While I could see the chemistry I don't think this was a relationship that would last long term.

And he's moving to Austin to be with her. I'm glad to know she writes the romance aspect better in later books.