What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Just to chat > Over 7500 open queries, I need to read more books!

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I've been unable to help solve any hunts in so long. Nothing looks familiar. I need to read more books!

message 2: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 27, 2017 06:02AM) (new)

I imagine it would get too sloppy and overlapping genres would make it difficult but I daydream that the 7500 could be sorted in a way that makes looking through them quicker. For example, you are a big romance reader.... look through the open romance threads, horror/children's/mystery/non-fiction, etc..
That is madness tho. Especially without a form.

EDIT: previously discussed and shot down https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 3: by ``Laurie (new)

``Laurie (laurielynette) | 1040 comments Good idea Corinne, I could avoid all Dystopian, YA and Children's requests where I'm absolutely no help at all.

message 4: by Greyman (new)

Greyman | 33 comments So many books waiting to be found ;)

message 5: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 22, 2017 02:40PM) (new)

Haha yes and I would avoid all historical and romance. We could look at the subjects we read.
An idea for mods... You know all those threads that have suggestions but no response? You know how you want to wait two years before considering them abandoned? Perhaps they could get moved to their own folder "waiting for response". Make one last comment saying Moved... And that way we can reduce the load and get some more attention for current users. (the ones we sent PMs to and got no resp or the ones you can tell are no longer active according to profile)

message 6: by Greyman (new)

Greyman | 33 comments True and clever, but wouldn't we run the risk of ending up with just a lot of folders for every genre and sub-category, a little too divided? Potential problems I'm thinking of is what about the books that are inbetween genres or unsure of? They would run the risk of not being located by their "group"... and I understand and agree with you about the tiresome threads that never get a response and are still here after 2 years waiting eagerly, but maybe we run the risk of asking a little too much from our dear mods having to relocate threads to a "waiting" folder and then back again if there's a response...all this extra sorting takes extra time. But that's just me thinking out loud.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree separating by genre not feasible. Just a daydream.
I would offer assistance if they were into it regarding the other idea.

message 8: by Paige (new)

Paige | 599 comments I wish we could at least divide the Unsolveds up by age group. I was a bookworm growing up, and I had a lot more time to read as well. Add to that all the reading assignments/research projects I had, and I feel well equipped to at least try to help someone seeking something for kids. Now I'm an adult, I don't get as much chance to read books, and I'm not required to read books for my job.