EPBOT Readers discussion

Book Challenges 2017 > Third Week Check-in

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Sparkman Allison | 1 comments I just joined this group, but I've been doing the Popsugar challenge so I thought I'd start an update chain for this week. How's it going for everyone?
Here's what I've done for the challenge so far:
A book about an interesting woman- Furiously Happy by the Bloggess herself (although I don't think interesting is quite the word I would use...)

A book involving a mythical creature- The Last Unicorn by Peter S Beagle. Alllll the facebots recommended it, so I had to read it!

A book of letters- Letters to Zell by Camille Griep. Really interesting retelling of fairy tale princesses' stories

message 2: by Sheri (new)

Sheri | 846 comments Mod
Forgot to do my check in!

This week I read The Danish Girl for Read Harder's LGBTQ love story, that I am also counting for popsugars bestseller from a genre you don't normally read. It was really good!

Then I took a break and went on a comic binge, catching up on all my marvel titles.

Now I'm about halfway through Notorious RBG, that will count for a book about an interesting woman.

I don't have my list in front of me but I think that makes about 5 for the overall challenge.

message 3: by Krisn (new)

Krisn | 2 comments I read Patience for my book with pictures, and I've started Reunion for a book involving travel. I'm still listening to The Paris Wife for my audio book, but that will take me forever to finish.

So, that's done with 2 and 2 started. It's actually going better than I thought it would be for January.

message 4: by Alyson (new)

Alyson Morrow | 1 comments This is my first time checking in. So far I've read a book by an author from a country you've never visited- The Life Changing Magic of Tidying-up. A book with multiple authors- The Royal We. A bestseller from a genre you don't normally read- The Girls of Murder City. And I've started a book that's becoming a movie in 2017- The Zookeepers Wife.