Play Book Tag discussion

Archives 2016-2017 > The River of No Return by Bee Ridgeway - Four stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8846 comments I actually really enjoyed it! I am not always a fan of time travel, it depends how its used. But I liked that the time travel was the center of the story, and that while it wove into the romance, it proceeded it. It was actually less about a couple racing though time to be together, more about the development of a love story during which time travel and a community of time travelers actually forms the crisis. Most of the book takes place in 1815, which I liked, even though many of the characters were from other times and places. Very well woven, and quite enjoyable. It kept my attention quite well, and I stayed up last night to finish it. And it completes a stair in a challenge for me. Stair One - Time Travel.

message 2: by JoLene (last edited Jan 21, 2017 09:31PM) (new)

JoLene (trvl2mtns) | 1532 comments I read this a couple years ago and loved it!! I was intrigued by the secret society. I am eagerly awaiting a sequel (as I think it is supposed to be a trilogy).
However, I do like time travel, although not necessarily "romance" time travel. Back in the day, I did LOVE A Knight in Shining Armor by Jude Deveraux --- probably read it every couple years during high school, college and grad school. I read it again a couple years ago and didn't really care for it as much as I did.

message 3: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8846 comments I didn't know it was supposed to be a trilogy. It certainly left off like it could. The one character that didn't hang together for me was Jem. I never understood his connection or his loyalty or his sacrifice. Especially as a Natural. I'd absolutely read the second.