2022 Reading Challenge discussion

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, #1)
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVE 2016 > Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: Chapter 10-18

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Winter, Group Reads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Winter (winter9) | 4633 comments This is the discussion thread for The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Chapter 10-18

Auntie Terror (auntie_terror) | 431 comments Nothing like having to sit on a train for hours for reading: You couldn't busy yourself in a more "productive" manner anyway, so you don't need an excuse...

I'm just starting on chapter 17 and felt the need to pop in to comment on the "Brechtian theatre" moment at the end of chapter 16 (I suppose I completely made up that term by translating from German directly). Though the reason of Adams' narrator (too much stress and nervous tension in the galaxy) is completely a different one to Brecht's (full disclosure of facts beforehand to let people concentrate on what is, morally, to learn from the piece), it still amused me a lot.
Also I discovered a new layer of intention in Zaphod that seems to have been lost (on me at least) in the radio play in German.
I still enjoy following Arthur and Ford a lot. The humour as well as the constant digressions (I hope this is the right word) suit me very much, and I've decided to read the rest of the triolgy of five.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.