ᴘᴀɴᴛʜᴇᴏɴɪᴜᴍ ᴀᴄᴀᴅᴇᴍʏ ᴀ ᴘᴏʟʏᴛʜᴇɪsᴛɪᴄ ʀᴏʟᴇ ᴘʟᴀʏ discussion

ᴄ ᴀ ᴍ ᴘ ᴜ s > ᴄᴏᴜʀᴛʏᴀʀᴅ

Comments Showing 1-50 of 62 (62 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), some spilled salt (new)

The Outsider (Whales or Whatever) (davekatislife) | 597 comments Mod
description
https://littlelondontruths.files.word...
The main courtyard settled right before the entrance into the lobby. Usually dotted with students of all years studying or playing sports, practicing magic of all types. There have been petitions to plant trees, but most have been turned down after an incident in which someone lit a willow on fire a few years back. It's also a great space to practice flight.

message 2: by 『ᴡɪᴄᴋʟɪɴɢ ᴛʀᴀsʜ ● ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ』, #ʜᴀɪᴋᴜs4ʟɪꜰᴇ - ʜᴇᴀᴅᴍᴀsᴛᴇʀ ᴀᴘᴏʟʟᴏ (new)

『ᴡɪᴄᴋʟɪɴɢ ᴛʀᴀsʜ ● ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ』 (wickling) | 1127 comments Mod
there was a mention of a laurel tree planted here, thought...

message 3: by KT, Deputy Headmistress - Gonna be one Hel of a year (new)

KT (queenlykt) | 1429 comments Mod
"Whether it worked or didn't doesn't really matter. Rain is just water. It will not harm us." Artemis shrugged as she headed outside. Still, honestly she wasn't really focussed on her friend. She sighed slightly at the first cool breeze on her face, her pace slowing from her usual determined stride to a simple, almost meandering step. Of course, she would have preferred far more trees, but being outside at all was delightful. But she paused and looked back at Hecate, raising an eyebrow. "I know we are not inside simply because I do not enjoy being indoors. Appreciated. But are you alright being outside?"

message 4: by 『ᴡɪᴄᴋʟɪɴɢ ᴛʀᴀsʜ ● ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ』, #ʜᴀɪᴋᴜs4ʟɪꜰᴇ - ʜᴇᴀᴅᴍᴀsᴛᴇʀ ᴀᴘᴏʟʟᴏ (last edited Feb 11, 2017 12:57AM) (new)

Hecate laughed and nodded, "Yes, Artemis. I do not have Agoraphobia." She looked up at the sky. Cloudy, dark, but no rain. Yet. "Though I do prefer caves to forests," She admitted. She was a chthonic goddess, after all. Had a place in Hades, and was summoned in caves(and cross roads, but she preferred darker places near the under-earth than being summoned wide open spaces where she can be spied upon easily). The lone laurel tree planted before the entrance with a patch of hyacinths below them were the only trees in the Courtyard, and were not planted on the greater field, but in a small plot before the doorway. A cruel reminder to Apollo of his Daphne and Hyacinthus. It reminded her to stay on Love's good side. "How is your brother doing?" She asked, with thoughts of Apollo's emotional health now in her mind. She did not want to give Artemis the wrong idea, though. sure, she has with Helios before, but it is not like she has a thing for solar gods or her friend's brothers. She met Selene THROUGH Helios, after all.

message 5: by KT, Deputy Headmistress - Gonna be one Hel of a year (new)

"Agoraphobia. Such an odd word. It can mean either fear of crowded spaces or open areas. Opposites." She mused thoughtfully, looking over at the laurel tree. "I don't have it, you know." She said suddenly, refocussing on the other goddess. "I don't like crowds, but they don't scare me. Some people expect them to." One shoulder rose and fell in a calm shrug, followed by a soft exhale. "As well as can be expected." She said simply, guarded as always. But she shook her head slightly, closing her eyes for a second before studying Hecate, her pupils almost normal given the full phase the moon was in, shown in her eyes. She had her worries, but none of them were anything secretive about Apollo. They were simply her own concerns, and those she could share with Hecate. "Eros already dislikes Apollo for when my fool of a brother insulted and challenged him. But he's been spending time with Zephyr lately. And everyone knows how he feels about Apollo." Her eyes narrowed sharply, suddenly seeming borderline vicious. "If Eros is swayed to intervene with the feud on Zephyr's behalf... It may not end well for Apollo. And I will rip Eros apart with his own arrows if he does anything to my brother." She said coldly.

message 6: by 『ᴡɪᴄᴋʟɪɴɢ ᴛʀᴀsʜ ● ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ』, #ʜᴀɪᴋᴜs4ʟɪꜰᴇ - ʜᴇᴀᴅᴍᴀsᴛᴇʀ ᴀᴘᴏʟʟᴏ (new)

Hecate whistled. "Just don't end up cutting yourself with the arrows. The blood can't coagulate for a while because of his poison. And then there's the fact that they occasionally explode." She said, memorizing the look on Diana's face and taking a note to be wary if such a look was directed at her. "I'm sure Eros isn't THAT stupid." Although, Hecate wasn't sure. Cupid was unknowable. Love, unpredictable. So who knows if he was foolish enough to back Zephyr and piss off both archery gods. "I mean, isn't it that winged infant's fault the two fought in the first place? And over some heart-broken mortal, of all things." She shook her head, the young Hyacinthus had suffered an abusive relationship before becoming the object of affection from the Sun and Western Wind. Then his ex Thamyris tried to sleep with Apollo's lovely followers, the Muses, only to be beaten in a musical competition and lost his ability see and to perform music. "Maybe you could appeal to Eros to side with Apollo somehow?" She suggested, though she was unsure how a maiden goddess of chastity could get on the god of love and sex's good side.

message 7: by KT, Deputy Headmistress - Gonna be one Hel of a year (new)

"Archery is my thing, Hecate. I know about his arrows." Artemis said dryly, though there was the barest hint of a smile at the concern from her friend. She shrugged almost indifferently, pulling her braid forward and starting to slowly undo it. "There are dozens of love gods. Could have been any one of them. Many of them don't truly see the consequences of their actions any way. They're stupid and blind and don't think things through, but they rarely mean anything malicious. Trust me, if he had meant something by it... he would not have all his feathers as intact as they are. Besides, he has a thing for Zephyr. I doubt he would want to destroy Zephyr the way that incident did if he truly had any feelings for him." She explained. She talked to Eros occasionally, of course she had tried to find the truth about what happened to Apollo. But Eros didn't know, and some of her animosity towards love gods in general had faded slightly. Slightly. Logically she knew they were just doing their job, as she did hers and all the gods did theirs. But if any of those winged brats turned their arrows on her or hurt her brother with them again... they would be far less winged when Artemis got through with them.

message 8: by 『ᴡɪᴄᴋʟɪɴɢ ᴛʀᴀsʜ ● ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ』, #ʜᴀɪᴋᴜs4ʟɪꜰᴇ - ʜᴇᴀᴅᴍᴀsᴛᴇʀ ᴀᴘᴏʟʟᴏ (new)

Hecate shrugged, "But there was that time he purposely made Apollo fail. Daphne," She pointed out, gesturing at the laurel trees. She hoped Eros wasn't totally against Apollo. That would be terrible, an emotionally broken headmaster would run the school into the ground. She twirled her fingers absentmindedly, red light dancing on the tips and wisps of energy moving between them. "Pretty sure it was Eros, though. I mean, he did make Hyacinthus go for Thamyris. Now that was a sight to see, the first gay couple. Not that I stared or watched or anything..." Which was a lie. She and Helios did watch the two when it first went down. A momentous occasion for humanity. Helios, Apollo....she needed to get her hands on a sun god who wasn't her friends' brother.

message 9: by KT, Deputy Headmistress - Gonna be one Hel of a year (new)

"Eros was all upset from arguing with Apollo. That was out of spite, of course. And we've... discussed that incident." The way the goddess's eyes narrowed once again was a sharp indicator of exactly how unpleasantly these discussions had been. "He knows that I am one of few people that could truly make him pay, as his arrows don't work on me. Why do you think we get along?" One dark eyebrow rose as she looked at the other, a very faint smile tracing her lips. She looked down at the red energy and held out her own hand next to Hecate's, closed in a fist. Shafts of shining silver light shone through the places between her fingers, and when she opened her hand after a moment it was evident that she wasn't creating the source of the light, it actually came from her hand itself. "I do not care if two men are together. One man is bad enough, but two?" She shook her head slightly. She had absolutely nothing against same sex relationships - of course not, look who her brother was - but given that she actively avoided men in general, two of them together, romantically or not, put her on edge. "I do not care who people choose to love. As long as they stay from my hunters, me, and everyone who wishes them not to love them."

message 10: by 『ᴡɪᴄᴋʟɪɴɢ ᴛʀᴀsʜ ● ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ』, #ʜᴀɪᴋᴜs4ʟɪꜰᴇ - ʜᴇᴀᴅᴍᴀsᴛᴇʀ ᴀᴘᴏʟʟᴏ (new)

Hecate eyed the light coming from Artemis' hand. Moonlight? She shuddered at the sight, as the holy light made her hair stand on end. She had her own connection the moon, when it was dark, white or light magic was more powerful, on the new moon, darker magics became stronger. Hecate blushed, in truth, she had a thing for gay male couples. Which reminded her of her 'family' here at school - how rare it was for her to be with a man more than once. Gave him not one, but three children. She realized how infatuated he was, and left him, and tried to set him up with someone better for him, only for it to fall apart and get his sister hurt. She shook the memory from her mind and looked at Artemis. "Oh, uh...can't say I agree with you there." She blushed deeper. "Though yes, as long as they stay away from your girls. We don't need a repeat of Callisto." Hecate thought how odd it was, the sons became wolves and then the daughter a bear, as if therianthropy ran in their blood.

message 11: by KT, Deputy Headmistress - Gonna be one Hel of a year (new)

At Hecate's shudder Artemis closed her hand again, the light vanishing. "Apologies. I forget that as much as you like me, you can't handle what I am." She teased, though her tone was perfectly flat as always and it was only the very faint smile that gave her away. "I do not mind if you disagree with me." She shrugged one shoulder, looking up at the laurel tree. Apollo really needed to put benches out here or something, there was so much flat nothing. Maybe she could convince him to let her make at least part of it a small forest. Or she could just do it and deal with him later. Still, her brother had tentative control as it was, she had no desire to undermine him. "People can do what they like, even who they like, as long as everyone involved agrees and they stay far, far away from my hunters and myself." She said simply.

message 12: by 『ᴡɪᴄᴋʟɪɴɢ ᴛʀᴀsʜ ● ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ』, #ʜᴀɪᴋᴜs4ʟɪꜰᴇ - ʜᴇᴀᴅᴍᴀsᴛᴇʀ ᴀᴘᴏʟʟᴏ (last edited Feb 11, 2017 03:20PM) (new)

Hecate closed her eyes, "I wish I stayed like you. I ruined an entire family because I couldn't keep my hands off of this one man. Stupid, stupid...I manipulated events to set him up with a mortal. But he never got over me. Then I confronted him about leaving that lovely woman and having MY children end up in foster care...his sister walked in. I was so angry, Diana. I let my form slip. She saw me for what I was and it destroyed her mind. And that....destroyed my son's heart." She clutched her chest. She looked at Artemis, "Sorry, I've been holding that in for far too long. Speaking of my children, he's seeing your nephew, that Dorrek fellow. Freyr and Apollo's, um, child?" Hecate wasn't sure what to address her godling-in-law as(sure, the two weren't married but as the goddess of magic, she could see possible future outcomes). Their daughter, son? She wanted to sit down, and conjured a bench out of a modified, shaped force field. She saw down and looked up and the grey sky. "Never have children. They'll make your hair white and grey from stress. How come the Hunters don't make you sick with worry?"

message 13: by KT, Deputy Headmistress - Gonna be one Hel of a year (new)

"We all have to deal with the consequences of our actions. But we do not always think about that. In the heat of the moment, it is difficult to think ahead and see what will happen. I am different, in that sense. I am confident in saying that I have killed far more mortals than you have, of course. Some for petty, jealous reasons that I do not wish to dwell on. But the thoughts of them are still there, and the very few I do regret are the ones I think of most. They help me think of the consequences, so there has become far less I regret. But doing something on accident? It is an accident for a reason, Hecate. It is not something you mean to do." Artemis explained. She really didn't like talking this much, but she figured she owed Hecate something. She sank next to her on the bench, posture still perfect. "Why do I not worry? Simple. Because I know my hunters. I have a different relation with them than you do to your children. It... It is hard for me, to spend time around others. But it is easier with them. So I stay with them, the way gods cannot stay for their children. I get to know them, but more importantly I train them. I give them the tools and skills to protect themselves, and sisters who will help do it for them. I give them a family with each other, and I know that they can defend themselves and the others. Of course I worry. But I am not constantly stressed because I have confidence in them." She explained. She knew she was lucky in that sense. The other gods and goddesses couldn't really spend time with their children, but the hunters were as close to her children as she would ever have, ever wanted to have, and she got to spend time with them.

message 14: by 『ᴡɪᴄᴋʟɪɴɢ ᴛʀᴀsʜ ● ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ』, #ʜᴀɪᴋᴜs4ʟɪꜰᴇ - ʜᴇᴀᴅᴍᴀsᴛᴇʀ ᴀᴘᴏʟʟᴏ (new)

"I was like that, once, with my Lampades and Empusai. Thought, now a days, I'm so busy here I rarely have time to tend to them in the Underworld." She sighed as she reclined. "Your brother needs to update this place, so empty." She said, glancing at Artemis from the side, barley turning her head to face her. "Benches, water fountains, some more trees, maybe not all laurels, though." The wind got colder. "It'll rain soon," she stated, more to herself than to Artemis, and made a mental note to collect rain water for later magical use.

message 15: by KT, Deputy Headmistress - Gonna be one Hel of a year (new)

"I just teach one class, and there are not too many assignments to grade. Besides, they are easy for me to go over. My class is not that difficult to those that even somewhat pay attention and those that like the animals." She shrugged. "I have time. It is simply that... I have to spend my days around all these people. I am only here because of Apollo. Whenever I have time not in class, I would generally rather spend it to myself in the woods than with anyone else, even them. I have been considering asking about this courtyard. It is easy for me to create a forest or trees, it could just be in one corner." She mused, looking over at one of said corners. Absently she walked her fingers over the arm of the bench, trees forming beneath her touch. Not just sprouts, but full grown, simply miniature trees.

message 16: by 『ᴡɪᴄᴋʟɪɴɢ ᴛʀᴀsʜ ● ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ』, #ʜᴀɪᴋᴜs4ʟɪꜰᴇ - ʜᴇᴀᴅᴍᴀsᴛᴇʀ ᴀᴘᴏʟʟᴏ (new)

Hecate gave Artemis a look, "You can...do that? Trees?" Not just trees, but oddly small ones. That was something Hecate was not sure she ever saw done by Diana before. "Ah, a forest here? It is typically used for flight classes, and maybe it isn't the best place for branches to be, with kids crashing into them and so forth." She shrugged, "We could expand the campus, maybe? Though we might end up needing another mountain peak." Hecate said matter-of-factly.

message 17: by KT, Deputy Headmistress - Gonna be one Hel of a year (last edited Feb 15, 2017 09:00PM) (new)

"I will never claim to be an earth goddess, but I am strongly affiliated with nature. Animals are my preference, but I have control over forests." She shrugged slightly, looking over at her friend. "Generally the forests have already been there, but the modern age has forced me to use my abilities over forests more than normal, to ensure that not too much of the wild is taken over by humans and civilization." She said with something akin to disgust on the last word.

message 18: by 『ᴡɪᴄᴋʟɪɴɢ ᴛʀᴀsʜ ● ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ』, #ʜᴀɪᴋᴜs4ʟɪꜰᴇ - ʜᴇᴀᴅᴍᴀsᴛᴇʀ ᴀᴘᴏʟʟᴏ (new)

Hecate shrugged, unsure what to say, exactly. "Gaia will eventually take herself back. Humanity might kill themselves off or abandon her for other pursuits within Uranus, but one way or another, nature will one day rule this planet once again." Hecate tried to comfort Artemis, though she doubted she did any good.

message 19: by KT, Deputy Headmistress - Gonna be one Hel of a year (new)

"Eventually, yes. But in the meantime the humans destroy everything they were once awed by. Forests, animals, nature is being ruined and diminished. I am being destroyed. As the forests and animals become less important, so do I. As they are killed, so is a little part of me. No one wants to stay a virgin and hunt anymore, no one respects what I represent. The more they destroy, the weaker I become." Artemis said flatly, staring at the trees determinedly.

message 20: by 『ᴡɪᴄᴋʟɪɴɢ ᴛʀᴀsʜ ● ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ』, #ʜᴀɪᴋᴜs4ʟɪꜰᴇ - ʜᴇᴀᴅᴍᴀsᴛᴇʀ ᴀᴘᴏʟʟᴏ (new)

She chewed the inside of her cheek, unsure of what to say. She had no idea, and was worried thoughts of Fading were in Artemis' mind. But Hecate was sure she wouldn't cease to be, surely the formation of the International Confederation of Deities and Divines put an end to the Fading of gods as it prevented the prophecy of Ragnarok? "I..." Hecate looked downward, still not knowing how to comfort her friend, "You'll be all right. You HAVE to be, Artemis. Forests and animals aren't becoming less important. The humans have moments to preserve wildlife, to stop deforestation."

message 21: by KT, Deputy Headmistress - Gonna be one Hel of a year (new)

"A rather small amount of them, compared to those that want them destroyed." She huffed, running her hands over the small trees so they shrunk back into the bench, vanishing. "Besides, Pan is more of a nature deity than I am. It affects him more. It is foolish to be upset over what could happen to me when he is at higher risk." She insisted, leaning back in the bench and folding her arms. "Everything that I am can be encompassed by someone else. The only thing I do no one else does is care for Apollo, and that is enough. I will keep myself here by sheer force of will to keep him from being alone." She said fiercely.

message 22: by 『ᴡɪᴄᴋʟɪɴɢ ᴛʀᴀsʜ ● ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ』, #ʜᴀɪᴋᴜs4ʟɪꜰᴇ - ʜᴇᴀᴅᴍᴀsᴛᴇʀ ᴀᴘᴏʟʟᴏ (new)

She nodded, understandingly, "There are various gods, across the same pantheon and others, who hold the same office as we do. And yet, here we still are. I must believe fading has ended. I mean, the dead have returned,* so surely it can not happen again?" She offered, with a small smile at her cousin's devotion to Apollo, "The only man you ever seem to truly care for," Hecate said jokingly.

*gods previously said to be dead in myth are still able to be claimed, one already having been claimed by Outtie.

message 23: by KT, Deputy Headmistress - Gonna be one Hel of a year (last edited Feb 17, 2017 04:13PM) (new)

"Perhaps it is stopped because now we have others to believe in us. Now the Greeks have the Norse and Egyptians and all the others to believe, and vice versa. We could be keeping each other alive." Artemis offered, shrugging one shoulder. "And now that the different pantheons work together, it is easier to release the dead if all agree. Now if a pantheon wishes to have a god back they can simply ask the death deities, instead of just the other pantheons using their power to keep the soul in their underworld." She mused, unbraiding her hair slowly. "I have had male friends." She protested flatly, raising an eyebrow as she looked over at Hecate. "It simply never works out well for me. Hippolytus was killed, and Orion..." She trailed off, looking away with another shrug.

message 24: by 『ᴡɪᴄᴋʟɪɴɢ ᴛʀᴀsʜ ● ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ』, #ʜᴀɪᴋᴜs4ʟɪꜰᴇ - ʜᴇᴀᴅᴍᴀsᴛᴇʀ ᴀᴘᴏʟʟᴏ (last edited Feb 17, 2017 05:14PM) (new)

Hecate swatted Artemis playfully, "It was a joke. I know you aren't a total misandrist!" She smiled and gazes up at the sky as the first raindrops began to fall lightly on her cheek. "Anyway, your father hopes us working together will prevent Ragnarok, the death-prophecy of the Norse. So, unfortunately for you, Odin's demise not come," Hecate said with a laugh.

message 25: by KT, Deputy Headmistress - Gonna be one Hel of a year (new)

Artemis smiled slightly as she followed Hecate's gaze up, holding out a hand to catch some of the rain. "If Odin makes one more comment about me, or my hunters, gayness, women.... His demise will come. I'll find a way. At the very least he'll be missing his other eye." She said calmly, not looking down from the sky for a long moment. At last she lowered her gaze, her hair slowly curling in the rain as she looked over at Hecate.

message 26: by 『ᴡɪᴄᴋʟɪɴɢ ᴛʀᴀsʜ ● ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ』, #ʜᴀɪᴋᴜs4ʟɪꜰᴇ - ʜᴇᴀᴅᴍᴀsᴛᴇʀ ᴀᴘᴏʟʟᴏ (last edited Feb 17, 2017 07:52PM) (new)

Hecate flinched, that threat, said so calmly, made it more disturbing. "Well, you never know. That might help him. Didn't losing one eye give him, like, more power or something?" Hecate had zero knowledge on Norse mythology outside of what she hears in the hallways. "His valkyries seem alright. Though that Wild Hunt is responsible for all of those graffiti tags around the school. Damn vandals even spray painted the statue of the founders and their allies. Disgraceful."

message 27: by KT, Deputy Headmistress - Gonna be one Hel of a year (new)

One eyebrow rose at the flinch, and Artemis looked over at Hecate. "I have done far worse things. Why is it that that makes you uneasy?" She shook her head, "I don't know what makes him more or less powerful. I will carve his eye out of it's socket if I need to, and whatever happens as a result, I can guarantee it will hurt at the time." She said flatly, running her fingers through her hair.

message 28: by 『ᴡɪᴄᴋʟɪɴɢ ᴛʀᴀsʜ ● ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ』, #ʜᴀɪᴋᴜs4ʟɪꜰᴇ - ʜᴇᴀᴅᴍᴀsᴛᴇʀ ᴀᴘᴏʟʟᴏ (new)

"Just how calm you can be when threatening to stab someone in the eye..." She shook her head, make up running down her cheeks. "I really hope I never get on your bad side." She muttered underneath her breath. Hecate's breath danced in the cold air, a small poof of white mist. The temperature was dropping, could it possibly begin to snow, she wondered.

message 29: by KT, Deputy Headmistress - Gonna be one Hel of a year (new)

"I have had a long time to grow accustomed to my own actions." She shrugged slightly, chuckling faintly at Hecate's running makeup. Obviously, Artemis herself was not the makeup type. "Don't worry. You're female, and my friend. It would take a lot for me to hurt you, let alone actively try to kill you or make you pay for something. I choose my friends carefully, so since we are friends that means I do not see you doing any of those things." She smiled slightly. "You should be safe."

message 30: by 『ᴡɪᴄᴋʟɪɴɢ ᴛʀᴀsʜ ● ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ』, #ʜᴀɪᴋᴜs4ʟɪꜰᴇ - ʜᴇᴀᴅᴍᴀsᴛᴇʀ ᴀᴘᴏʟʟᴏ (new)

Hecate returned Artemis' small smile, a smug look on her face. "Good. Because I'd rather not lose you." She hugged Artemis tightly, her mascara looking like she was weeping dark tears. She chuckled as she wiped her face, cleaning away the cosmetics. "We could start a petition," She offered, referring back to the topic of planting trees, "and maybe, with enough signatures, Apollo, Zeus, or whoever is responsible for the ban on trees in the courtyard, would be forced to allow you to grow a forest. Just hope it doesn't go up in flames like the last one."

message 31: by KT, Deputy Headmistress - Gonna be one Hel of a year (new)

Not used to a lot of close contact, Artemis tensed at the hug, awkwardly putting her own arms around the other goddess and patting her back, obviously unsure. When Hecate went to wipe her face Artemis pulled back to give her room, looking thoughtful. "If it is Apollo, I am sure I could convince him. I might be able to with Zeus as well." She mused.

message 32: by 『ᴡɪᴄᴋʟɪɴɢ ᴛʀᴀsʜ ● ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ』, #ʜᴀɪᴋᴜs4ʟɪꜰᴇ - ʜᴇᴀᴅᴍᴀsᴛᴇʀ ᴀᴘᴏʟʟᴏ (new)

"Though your father gets more and more unreasonable with each passing year." Hecate thought sadly. "I do hope whatever got your brother so bothered earlier has cleared up." She said, genuinely hoping for the sun god's happiness.

in roman myth, kronos wasn't evil until ruling the world corrupted him into a tyrant.

ugh going to have to go offline, shit going down at home ._.

message 33: by KT, Deputy Headmistress - Gonna be one Hel of a year (new)

"Doubtful." Artemis shrugged, tilting her head. "Apollo is bothered often. Some things just make it more obvious than others. Which is why I am here. I love you to pieces, Hecate, you know that. But Apollo will always be my best friend. I should visit him later, go see how he is."

ugh have fun with that

message 34: by 『ᴡɪᴄᴋʟɪɴɢ ᴛʀᴀsʜ ● ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ』, #ʜᴀɪᴋᴜs4ʟɪꜰᴇ - ʜᴇᴀᴅᴍᴀsᴛᴇʀ ᴀᴘᴏʟʟᴏ (new)

"It is only natural, you two shared a womb together." She said, taking no offense at all to Artemis' statement. "Though, maybe wait...say...half an hour, before visiting him?" She said, her eyes having turned pure white as she used her precognition to see what the sun god was up to, only to back out quickly, blushing deeply, wishing she hadn't peeked through time and space to see if her other cousin was still down or scared or whatever seemingly bad mood he was in earlier. "He's a bit...busy right now. A...'conference' with a student."

message 35: by KT, Deputy Headmistress - Gonna be one Hel of a year (new)

"I'm still nine days older, whatever he says." She rolled her eyes good-naturedly, then eyed the other's blush. Knowing her brother, she immediately understood. She groaned, running a hand through her hair. She knew how her brother had reacted to the lookalike earlier, her next conversation with Apollo wouldn't go well. Either he had managed to hook up with Hyacinth, or he was trying to get over that he couldn't. Neither of which would end well, she knew. Once Zephyr found out about Hyacinth there was no doubt he would do something, who knows what, and Eros would back him and it had the possibility of going badly for her brother unless she stepped in. "He's an idiot."

message 36: by 『ᴡɪᴄᴋʟɪɴɢ ᴛʀᴀsʜ ● ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ』, #ʜᴀɪᴋᴜs4ʟɪꜰᴇ - ʜᴇᴀᴅᴍᴀsᴛᴇʀ ᴀᴘᴏʟʟᴏ (new)

Hecate frowned, "Well, he isn't that bright" She admitted, not realizing she made a pun. "And does tell everyone he is your big brother." Hecate shook her head, "No one ever questions it, or tries to correct him, at the very least." She shrugged, not knowing what else to say.

message 37: by KT, Deputy Headmistress - Gonna be one Hel of a year (new)

"Apollo is not stupid." Artemis said sharply, looking up and over at Hecate. She leaned back against the bench, sighing slightly. "Many say that he is, but he isn't. He is many things, not all good, but stupid is not one of them." She said flatly, slowly starting to rebraid her hair. "Although he is not exactly the more responsible of the two of us, he does everything he can to protect me."

message 38: by 『ᴡɪᴄᴋʟɪɴɢ ᴛʀᴀsʜ ● ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ』, #ʜᴀɪᴋᴜs4ʟɪꜰᴇ - ʜᴇᴀᴅᴍᴀsᴛᴇʀ ᴀᴘᴏʟʟᴏ (new)

Hecate looked at her feet, "You know I meant no offense, Diana?" She asked, looking up at her friend. She sighed and began to ring out her hair as the rain let up. The scent of petrichor was rich in the courtyard, and the wet walkways glimmered in the murky light of the obscured sun. "Whatever he's getting you two into, I hope it ends well."

message 39: by KT, Deputy Headmistress - Gonna be one Hel of a year (new)

Artemis sighed slightly, tilting her head in thought. "I know. But some do." With that admittance, she leaned back in her seat, stretching her legs out in front of her and crossing her ankles together. "Ends well? It likely won't." She nodded matter of factly, her fingers stilling in her hair. "Apollo is dancing dangerously close to something that is a touchy subject for others as well, specifically Zephyr. And Eros has a severe soft spot for Zephyr. If Apollo pushes too hard, Eros will step up to make sure nothing happens to the little brat. And with a love god against him, it wouldn't end well for Apollo." She said flatly.

message 40: by 『ᴡɪᴄᴋʟɪɴɢ ᴛʀᴀsʜ ● ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ』, #ʜᴀɪᴋᴜs4ʟɪꜰᴇ - ʜᴇᴀᴅᴍᴀsᴛᴇʀ ᴀᴘᴏʟʟᴏ (new)

Hecate looked dismayed, not sure what to say or do in this situation. It was clear that Apollo was getting himself mixed up with Zephyrus, but if it had anything to do with sex or romance, surely Eros could not play favorites, it'd go against, like, some sort of code or something right? Gods had to have some integrity and show neutrality, even if a situation involved a friend? She knew Eros didn't get along with the prideful Apollo, but would he really side with Zephyrus all because they had this thing between them? "Cupid couldn't be that stupid, could he? Someone aught to alter his mother if he begins to misbehave, after all, he is a mama's boy, and wouldn't want her mad at him. Or tell Ares? Maybe his father could discipline him? Though, I guess that all depends on Apollo's, or your own, relationship with Love and War."

message 41: by KT, Deputy Headmistress - Gonna be one Hel of a year (new)

Artemis unbraided her hair once again to twist her hair, wringing the water out from it. But almost immediately she started braiding it tightly again, looking down to pay attention to it even as she spoke. "I don't know what Eros will do. He interfered on Zephyr's behalf once before, to stop Apollo. I doubt even he knows what he'll do. It's not often that one of the love god is struck with an arrow from one of the other erotes." She sighed slightly, shrugging a shoulder. "But if he tries to do anything to my brother... Like I said. I will rip him apart with his own iron arrows. Eros's arrows don't work on me, and without Eros's interference Apollo can handle himself with Zephyr easily. But I can't undo something that Eros has already done, so I can't protect Apollo like he needs."

message 42: by 『ᴡɪᴄᴋʟɪɴɢ ᴛʀᴀsʜ ● ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ』, #ʜᴀɪᴋᴜs4ʟɪꜰᴇ - ʜᴇᴀᴅᴍᴀsᴛᴇʀ ᴀᴘᴏʟʟᴏ (last edited Feb 22, 2017 09:19PM) (new)

Hecate exhaled, "So the winged demon got Apollo in love with someone again, hu? Do we know how bad, exactly?" Hecate asked, wondering how much damage will be done. She wondered if Eros was actually in love with Zephyrus, the other Erotes' dominions were more along passion, desire, and lust, though Anteros and Himeros could cause a requisition of love, though Zephyrus or Eros would have to have been into the other for that to happen, and Hecate wasn't sure Aphrodite would cause Cupid to fall for anyone - she didn't even want him with Psyche, much less anyone else! But if Eros was truly in love with Zephyrus, in the same way he was with Psyche, Hecate believed it could have a terrible result on Apollo, given his rivalry with Zephyr. She worried for her cousin's heart.

message 43: by KT, Deputy Headmistress - Gonna be one Hel of a year (new)

"Hopefully it won't be as bad as last time." She sighed, looking down at her lap. "But given the similarities... It won't be pretty. There is no way it is going to end well. Whether Hyacinth chooses Zephyr or Apollo, neither, both... It doesn't matter. One of them, probably both, is going to get upset and hurt and jealous and one way or another things will come to a head." She said flatly, finishing her braid and looping a tie around the end.

message 44: by 『ᴡɪᴄᴋʟɪɴɢ ᴛʀᴀsʜ ● ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ』, #ʜᴀɪᴋᴜs4ʟɪꜰᴇ - ʜᴇᴀᴅᴍᴀsᴛᴇʀ ᴀᴘᴏʟʟᴏ (new)

Hecate's eyes widened at the mention of the name, "Wait, Hyacinth? You mean....like, he's back?" She knew some heroes on Elysium could reincarnate on Earth if they desired, but if Apollo was in love with the returned soul of his most famous male lover, she worried history was doomed to repeat itself. Her jaw was agape, in shock. "This won't end well," She said, knowing how messed up Apollo got after losing someone he was madly in love with, Eros' steel arrows were a terrible thing.

message 45: by KT, Deputy Headmistress - Gonna be one Hel of a year (new)

"What other issues are there between Zephyr and Apollo?" She pointed out redundantly, tossing her braid back behind her shoulders. "Back is a strong word. A new student looks like him. His middle name is Hyacinth." She admitted almost reluctantly. With a sigh she tilted her head back to look up at the skies, though she closed her eyes. "I've only heard about him from Apollo. I haven't met him, and when I talked to Apollo he hadn't really either. I just saw the kid briefly in the assembly, and then heard Apollo freak about it." She opened her eyes to stare at the sun, though she didn't move. "That's what I've been saying." She said flatly, letting out a breath. "There's no way it ends well."

message 46: by 『ᴡɪᴄᴋʟɪɴɢ ᴛʀᴀsʜ ● ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ』, #ʜᴀɪᴋᴜs4ʟɪꜰᴇ - ʜᴇᴀᴅᴍᴀsᴛᴇʀ ᴀᴘᴏʟʟᴏ (new)

"Agreed," there was no way Apollo's heart could survive a heart break by a Hyacinth look-alike. She sighed and looked at the sky, "Why do the love gods have it out for your twin brother?" Hecate shook her head. "You're immune, and it is as if all the arrows that would have afflicted you given you were not under virginal oath instead go to him."

message 47: by KT, Deputy Headmistress - Gonna be one Hel of a year (new)

She frowned slightly, closing her eyes again. "I made a vow. It's not as though I had to make someone take what was meant for me." She protested defensively, sighing. Logically she knew that Hecate wasn't blaming her, but it wasn't her fault. It wasn't. She'd never truly considered the possibility that all of her brother's troubles were her fault, and she didn't relish the thought, especially given that it made sense.

message 48: by 『ᴡɪᴄᴋʟɪɴɢ ᴛʀᴀsʜ ● ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ』, #ʜᴀɪᴋᴜs4ʟɪꜰᴇ - ʜᴇᴀᴅᴍᴀsᴛᴇʀ ᴀᴘᴏʟʟᴏ (new)

Hecate shrugged, "I didn't mean that I actually thought that...forget it." She sighed. "Whatever comes, you have your brother's back. That's all that matters. Not Zephyrus. Not Apollo. Not this student who looks like his ex. Or whatever happens to Apollo. You can't control any of that, but you can be there for him when he needs you, and you will, you always have. He'll get through this, because he has you."

message 49: by KT, Deputy Headmistress - Gonna be one Hel of a year (new)

Artemis snorted slightly, shaking her head as she finally lowered her head to look over at her. "Apollo likes to pretend he doesn't need assistance. He claims to not need help. It is difficult to help him when he insists that he doesn't need it." She said dryly, shutting one shoulder.

message 50: by 『ᴡɪᴄᴋʟɪɴɢ ᴛʀᴀsʜ ● ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ』, #ʜᴀɪᴋᴜs4ʟɪꜰᴇ - ʜᴇᴀᴅᴍᴀsᴛᴇʀ ᴀᴘᴏʟʟᴏ (new)

Hecate shrugged, she didn't have any divine siblings, so she didn't know how to relate. "But you always seem to find a way." She said, "You're a good sister, you know? If I had a sibling, I'd want one as devoted and trustworthy as yourself."

« previous 1

ᴘᴀɴᴛʜᴇᴏɴɪᴜᴍ ᴀᴄᴀᴅᴇᴍʏ ᴀ ᴘᴏʟʏᴛʜᴇɪsᴛɪᴄ ʀᴏʟᴇ ᴘʟᴀʏ

unread topics | mark unread