Book Obsessed discussion

Buddy Reads > Series Buddy Reads~Sign Ups 2017

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melanie (last edited Jan 20, 2017 05:24PM) (new)

Melanie | 235 comments Mod
If you would like to read a book series with someone or everyone, please list the first book of the series here or if you would like to join in on an already listed series, please let me know here. As soon as 2 people want to read a series, I will set up a discussion thread for each series with a start and finish date for each book in the series. You are welcome to start and finish the books at your own pace, but the dates will be there as a guideline to help you finish the series faster.

message 2: by Melanie (last edited Jan 20, 2017 08:50PM) (new)

message 3: by Laura (new)

Laura (lauradragonchild) I wanted to read this one also for a very long time. I'll give it a go if you will too.

message 4: by Melanie (new)

Great! I will get the thread and dates set up. Are you ok with starting in February?

message 5: by Laura (new)

Laura (lauradragonchild) Sure. February is fine.

message 6: by Laura (new)

Laura (lauradragonchild) Hi everyone. I am planning to read the following series this year and would really like a buddy read. Would anyone like to read any of the following series with me?

Night World - by L.J.Smith
Night World, No. 1

The Circle Trilogy - by Nora Roberts
The Circle trilogy (Circle trilogy #1-3)

Three Sister's Island - by Nora Roberts
Three Sisters Island collection

His Dark Materials - by Philip Pullman
His Dark Materials

The Empire Trilogy - by Raymond Feist
The Complete Empire Trilogy: Daughter of the Empire, Mistress of the Empire, Servant of the Empire

Outlander - by Diana Gabaldon
Outlander

Memory of Sorrow and Thorn - by Tad Williams
The Dragonbone Chair

The Serpentwar Saga - by Raymond Feist
The Serpentwar Saga: The Complete 4-Book Collection

The Night Angel Trilogy - by Brent Weeks
The Night Angel Trilogy

Would anyone be interested in reading any of the above?

message 7: by Melanie (last edited Jan 23, 2017 10:27AM) (new)

I'd be willing to read any of them with you. I know that Outlander will be on our next group series read poll, so I want to wait until we find out the winner of that before I commit it to a Buddy Read. I actually have the Night World books, so I would start with that if you'd like?

message 8: by Laura (new)

Laura (lauradragonchild) Night World is great Melanie. Just let me know when you'd like to start.

message 9: by Melanie (new)

Since we are already doing the maze runner Buddy Read until mid April, do you want to start the other one in May? Or we could start it in February and read both series at the same time?

message 10: by Laura (new)

Laura (lauradragonchild) may is fine. I am already doing Farseer in jan-Feb and maze runner with you and I also need to catch up with Fallen right? March-april I also have some reads scheduled. So yeah. May sounds great:))

message 11: by Melanie (new)

Perfect! We start the 2nd book of the Fallen series (Torment) in February.

message 12: by Laura (new)

Laura (lauradragonchild) Ok. I have already added Fallen to my reading list and I'll catch up with everybody else by mid of Feb. That is i' m planning to finish both Fallen and Torment and Maze Runner 1 by that time.

message 13: by Melanie (new)

Sounds Good! :)

message 14: by D.L. (new)

D.L. Laura wrote: "Hi everyone. I am planning to read the following series this year and would really like a buddy read. Would anyone like to read any of the following series with me?

Night World - by L.J.Smith
[boo..."

I can start His Dark Materials series in April if that works :)

message 15: by D.L. (new)

D.L. Melanie wrote: "The Maze Runner Series (Maze Runner) by James Dashner The Maze Runner Series
The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1) by James Dashner The Maze Runner by James Dashner"

Please add me to the list :)

message 16: by Melanie (last edited Feb 01, 2017 03:13PM) (new)

Hey Daph,
We were planning to start His Dark Materials in September as a Buddy Read after we finish the Night World series by L.J Smith. If you two would like to do it sooner, let me know and I can reschedule it.

I'm glad you are joining us on the Maze Runner Buddy Read! It starts today so check out the discussion thread for it and tell us what you think as you read along :)!

message 17: by D.L. (new)

D.L. Melanie wrote: "Hey Daph,
We were planning to start it in September as a Buddy Read after we finish the Night World series by L.J Smith. If you two would like to do it sooner, let me know and I can reschedule it."

Which series? Maze Runner? :)

message 18: by Melanie (new)

Sorry, I was editing my post to specify that while you were asking, lol. The Maze Runner starts today and we are planning to start His Dark Materials in September.

message 19: by D.L. (new)

D.L. Melanie wrote: "Sorry, I was editing my post to specify that while you were asking, lol. The Maze Runner starts today and we are planning to start His Dark Materials in September."

September is fine :)

message 20: by Laura (new)

Laura (lauradragonchild) so it's September? For Dark Materials I mean.

message 21: by Melanie (new)

Yes, is that alright with you? We won't be finishing the Night
World Series until August. I scheduled us to read 3 books per month with that series starting right after the maze runner series.

message 22: by Laura (new)

Laura (lauradragonchild) perfectly fine with me. I have so many other books to read in between with the 2 challenges that I'm not even sure I'll be able to finish anymore :))

message 23: by Melanie (new)

Hey Laura, do you still want to start the Night World Buddy Read in May? I have a lot of books on my plate right now, so not sure I'll be able to start it right away, but I will try.

message 24: by Laura (new)

Laura (lauradragonchild) It would be good to postpone it a bit. I also have too many planned reads and am struggling to catch up.

message 25: by Melanie (new)

Ok, I'm glad I'm not the only one. What do think we should postpone it too?

message 26: by Laura (new)

Laura (lauradragonchild) July would be best for me. May and June are seriously overbooked. would that n ok with you?

message 27: by Melanie (new)

July works for me. Hopefully, it will help me get caught up on everything!

message 28: by Laura (new)

Laura (lauradragonchild) same here. :)

message 29: by D.L. (new)

D.L. Are we still discussing the Dark Materials series in September? Or will that come later?

message 30: by Melanie (new)

We will probably move that to a later date after we finish Night World!

message 31: by Laura (new)

Laura (lauradragonchild) for me it is all the same which of them comes first. Dark Materials or Night world. I'd like to finish both this year.

message 32: by D.L. (new)

D.L. Melanie wrote: "We will probably move that to a later date after we finish Night World!"

Alright. Cool. TY for letting me know!