Who's Your Author? discussion

General Book Talk > Anyone using scribd?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4048 comments I have been looking at this book loan program and wanted to know if anyone uses it? Currently I use audible but I only listen to about one book a month if even that. This looks like I could get an audio book plus three books for
about the same price. Does anyone know if the selection is any good?

message 2: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3120 comments I tried it, but the books I really wanted weren't there. Gave up after a couple of months.

If you do leave audible, make sure you download your books to someplace in case you will loose access to them after you cancel your account.

message 3: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (last edited Jan 21, 2017 06:11PM) (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4048 comments Thank you and I think I can see what you mean Darcy. There are some books that look interesting but I am not sure it is enough to pay the monthly fee.

As for audible I was dreading that process I will probably stay with them for a while. There are a lot of books for me to figure out what to do with. Especially since I no longer use itunes.

message 4: by ladymurmur (new)

ladymurmur | 146 comments You can still access all your audible purchases after you cancel your membership - just log in, and you can access your library. You simply will no longer have access to any of the member benefits (discounts, member-only sales, etc.).

Here's the aubible help entry: http://audible.custhelp.com/app/answe...

You don't need to be a member to buy audible books, either. I acquired many audible books before I ever became a member, and expect that I'll continue to do so if ever I should happen to decide to cancel my membership.

message 5: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3120 comments ladymurmur wrote: "You can still access all your audible purchases after you cancel your membership - just log in, and you can access your library. You simply will no longer have access to any of the member benefits ..."

That is good to know you still have access if you stop your membership. I have over 300 books from there and the thought of backing them up makes my head hurt! lol

message 6: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4048 comments ladymurmur wrote: "You can still access all your audible purchases after you cancel your membership - just log in, and you can access your library. You simply will no longer have access to any of the member benefits ..."

Thank goodness. I have far to many books to move YAY

message 7: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) Dawn wrote: "I have been looking at this book loan program and wanted to know if anyone uses it? Currently I use audible but I only listen to about one book a month if even that. This looks like I could get an ..."

I joined Scribd a couple of years ago when it was an all you can read buffet. I cancelled my membership after they more or less removed all of the romance selections as that is my mainstay.

It actually turned out to be a blessing in disguise as I then joined 2 libraries through which I get most of my audiobooks and ebooks these days.

I also decided to change my audible subscription to a yearly rather than a monthly so I pay $9.99 per year and get one credit. I still haven't used any of the 3 credits I've accumulated since then as the library has the audios I want.

message 8: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4048 comments The more I look at Scribd it looks odd like a lot of books are not books but documents.

@Lauren thanks for the tip I had no idea a yearly fee is an option. I find a lot of the books I get are whisper sync so I generally pay for them.

message 9: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3120 comments Dawn wrote: "I find a lot of the books I get are whisper sync so I generally pay for them."

I hate that they closed the loop hole that you could get whisper sync books with library e-books. I got quite a few that way that my library didn't carry in audios.

message 10: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4048 comments Darcy wrote: "Dawn wrote: "I find a lot of the books I get are whisper sync so I generally pay for them."

I hate that they closed the loop hole that you could get whisper sync books with library e-books. I got ..."

LOL so did I that is how I paid for all of my Molly Harper and Gin Blanco audio books lol