What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Historical Romance between Lord and the governess to his mute daughter. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (last edited Jan 20, 2017 12:42PM) (new)

Lisa Kazi (lisakazireads) | 12 comments I've been wracking my brains but just cannot find this book I read a few years back. Please help!

The hero is an aristocrat who's daughter appears to be mute. As such he hires the leading governess on the continent who happens to be an old flame/ they grew up together. I believe her last job had been in Paris, and she was recommended to him by another with a "problem child." I think at some point it emerges that the daughter witnessed something traumatic- the mother's death?

I'd say the time setting is probably late Regency/early Victorian, though I may be wrong. The events of the novel take place in the Hero's country manner is some small English village.

I had thought it was one of Christina Dodd's Governess Brides novels but that doesn't appear to be the case. However, from what I remember, it does read somewhat like one- a generally gentle read without too much angst.

Many thanks for the help!

message 2: by Beebs (new)

Beebs (yvond) | 113 comments Lisa wrote: "I've been wracking my brains but just cannot find this book I read a few years back. Please help!

The hero is an aristocrat who's daughter appears to be mute. As such he hires the leading governe..."

Possibly Liz Carlyle's Beauty Like the Night (Rutledge Family, #1) by Liz Carlyle

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Kazi (lisakazireads) | 12 comments Beebs wrote: "Lisa wrote: "I've been wracking my brains but just cannot find this book I read a few years back. Please help!

The hero is an aristocrat who's daughter appears to be mute. As such he hires the le..."

Yes! Thanks a million!

message 4: by Beebs (new)

Beebs (yvond) | 113 comments Lisa wrote: "Beebs wrote: "Lisa wrote: "I've been wracking my brains but just cannot find this book I read a few years back. Please help!

The hero is an aristocrat who's daughter appears to be mute. As such h..."

You're welcome :)