Blue Lake Academy discussion

Moderator Stuff > Moderator Application

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Catherine (last edited Mar 19, 2018 02:55PM) (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments Do you want to be a moderator? Comment the following:
1) Why do you want to be a moderator?

2) What can you contribute to the group as a moderator?

3) What is a suggestion for the group you have? (optional)

4) Why won't you abuse your position as a moderator?

5) What do you want your title to be? (optional, will not affect whether you are made a moderator.)

I will consider your application and may add you as one!

message 2: by emma (new)

emma (theonlytanman) | 611 comments 1) I love being a mod! I actually kind of find it enjoyable and it makes me think of teamwork. Plus, you get to work with other members in the group. c:

2) Maybe extra threads, approving characters, and creating events such as dances, etc.

3) Maybe a social media thread, couple of dances, and a horse riding competition because some of the students here have horses!

4) I would never abandon my mod spot because every mod in the group is a team and you can't just abandon your team.

Experience: Disney Descendants, London School of the Performing Arts, Royal BloodShed Academy, and Stuck in Space | Semi-Advanced.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

why do you want to be a moderator? I'm not really sure, mainly for the opportunity to help people and to bask in the glory of authority (hahaha just kidding). I've been a mod of a few other groups, but they didn't always last very long, and I'd like to be a mod of a group of who I see potential to not die out.

what can you contribute to the group as a moderator? I can contribute pretty much anything you want me to; I can approve characters, lecture those who break the rules, and bless this group with my wonderfully dreadful sense of humor.

what is a suggestion for the group you have? Maybe since so many people are inclined to join the creative arts section of this, break it up into separate sections like dance, singing, and physical art?

why won't you abuse your position as a moderator? This group is a great idea, and I wouldn't do anything to ruin it or abandon it because it's full of wonderful people, and I wouldn't so much as think of doing anything that would displease them.

message 5: by Wolf (Alpha) (last edited Apr 19, 2017 04:54AM) (new)

Wolf (Alpha) 1) Why do you want to be a moderator?
I like modding groups and think that it is fun.
I can invite all my friends and help make new topics.
We should add more sports and more fun things to do.
I currently mod about 5 other groups and I'm very active.

message 6: by Zuri (last edited Feb 20, 2017 03:26PM) (new)

Zuri  (thegirlwithunicorns) | 233 comments 1) Why do you want to be a moderator? I want to be a mod because I have modded other groups and it's something I like to do after school.

2) What can you contribute to the group as a moderator? I can come up with events and new places to rp .

Maybe start sport tryouts and have competitions for them

4) Why won't you abuse your position as a moderator? I love this group and I want to see it thrive. I also think of Modding as a job and I only am not active when I hurt myself or am sick.

Experience: London School of Performing Arts and other topics not on goodreads.

Abby ~Sign Please~ | 966 comments 1) Why do you want to be a moderator?
Well, if you ever need any extra help, I will always be around. Roleplay groups are a lot of responsibility and I'm sure the pressure of watching every Roleplay to make sure no one's breaking the rules must be overwhelming. I know that it can be stressful being a mod, so I want to help.
An extra hand. I know you have a lot of mods, but I will always be around if you need anything.
3) What is a suggestion for the group you have?
More options. When I made my character, I felt a little restricted as to what my character can be interested in.
Being a mod is a privilege. And I would hate myself if I let a chance pass up because I broke the rules. That's why I follow them. I understand it's a privilege and I promise I won't give you a reason to take that privilege away from me.

Now, I understand that there's tons of moderators but I will always be around as a temporary mod. I don't think you have to make me a "mod in training" because I've been a mod on a Roleplay before. You also don't have to make me a mod if you don't want to. I'm just offering.
Thank you for considering me,
Smiles,
Abby :) :)

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

1. Why do you want to be a moderator?
I want to be a moderator because always feel accomplished when I help people out and I feel like in a moderator position you get more opportunities to help people. I also have so many ideas and this seems like the perfect group to put them in.
2. What can you contribute to the group as a moderator?
I have many ideas and I on often.
3. What suggestion do you have for the group?
One of my ideas is that I feel like the group should have way more clubs as well as all of the clubs and teams should have a teacher or coach leading them. An idea for a club could be a LGBTQ+ club. An area for those that are LGBTQ+ or are supporters can meet and plan events like pride dances.
4. Why won't I abbuse the privilege of being a moderator?
I can't think of another way to answer this question other then the fact that I see being a moderator of a group like getting a chance to help the group and incorporate my ideas at a higher level. That is something I would never want taken away from me.

Hopefully you will consider me for being a new moderator and thanks for the opportunity.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I’m interested!

1. Why do you want to be a moderator?

I want to be a moderator because I really enjoy being apart of this group and I want to be able to contribute to it at a higher level. I have multiple ideas that I would love to add to this group.

2. What can you contribute to the group as a moderator?

Besides having multiple ideas I would say that I am quite active and I’m willing to be around simply if you need someone.

3. What is a suggestion for the group you have?

One of the suggestions for the group I have is having outside of school threads that are seasonal. For example during Halloween we could have a Halloween costume store and maybe over the summer there could be a carnival that opens up close by the school. One other suggestion that I have kind of builds off of someone else’s suggestion but I feel like the interests should be divided into more specific interests. An example of this is for science. The interest could be science and then someone can include that they are specifically interested in biology or physics.

4. Why would I not abuse the privilege of being a moderator?

I wouldn’t abuse this privilege because I love being apart of this group and I wouldn’t want to lose the opportunity to become a moderator in such a fabulous group.

I currently moderate two roleplay groups and one not roleplay related group that has had roleplays in the past.

Thank you!

message 10: by Milo (new)

Milo  1) Why do you want to be a moderator?

I enjoy helping run things. I enjoy this group and it actually has become one of my favorites!

Teamwork, advice, suggestions, I am active every day, all day. :) So I'm around a lot.

Hmm... Well, I have already given some suggestions in the past. Like a graduation party! I don't have any at the moment but I will let you know when I do!

I won't abuse my position because I wouldn't want to take the risk of losing a great group like this! It's fun and I have made some really nice friends here!

5) What do you want your title to be?

The Unknown Monster Of The Sea! ((Lol, the first thing that came to mind.))

I moderate 7 roleplay groups and 8 non-rp groups. :)

message 11: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 37 comments 1) Why do you want to be a moderator?
I love this group, and I feel like I would be able to help. I know that having to go through all of the rps to make sure that the rules are being followed is tiring and I can help with that. I l love rping, and reading rps, so it wouldn't feel like something I absolutely had to do. I am active most of the time, and would be willing to help.
Anything. I can help do whatever needs done.

More events. Like more practice hours for characters on teams.
I won't abuse my position because we are all in it together. What one person does, affects what happens to other people.

Thank you so much for looking at the application, and even possibly considering me to be a moderator. I know that there are tons of people to chose from, so thank you for taking a look.
Thanks,
Jessica

message 12: by Mya (new)

Mya | 10 comments 1.) I’d like to be a moderator for a few reasons. First, I️ absolutely love this role play games. It is one of the few that is still active and I️ never get bored of playing. I️ also want to be a moderator because I️ would love to help out with accepting characters and other stuff. Also, the moderators on this game have been sooo sweet to me and I’d love to be able to work along side them.

2.) If I️ we’re a moderator, I️ could contribute my organization skills, and helping hands to the group. I️ Love organizing, it’s a passion I️ have and I’d love to help organize even further such a wonderful game like this. I️ also would like to add more places for Roleplay and the moderators clear up approvals and stuff to make everything more efficient.

3.) For the group, I️ have to say I️ enjoy every single part and love the way it’s run I️ feel like it’s done in a much more organized manner than a couple of the other groups I’ve been in. If I️ could add one thing, it would probably just be a few more places to roleplay.

4.) I️ won’t abuse my position as a moderator because I love Roleplay and this game very much and I️ would never want to be kicked off or take the fun of this game away from anyone else.

Thx for your time in reading this!

message 13: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments I am interested in appointing new moderators. If you're interested in being one, please apply here.

message 14: by quq (last edited Oct 06, 2018 10:10AM) (new)

quq  (190511)

1) Why do you want to be a moderator?
I just like helping (and I’m a bit of a control freak (but I wouldn’t do anything without your consent))

grammar! I can help with the general appearance, so it’s no so complicated (that deters people from joining, I’ve noticed, in other groups). I can answer questions and approve characters.

maybe organize it a bit better? right now, tbh, it’s a little messy. I don’t know, though. It really already is a very nice group :)

because that would be rude and it would get me kicked out (and I don’t want that; I love this group!).

5) What do you want your title to be?
hi

message 15: by cosmic (last edited Sep 09, 2018 04:08PM) (new)

cosmic (erosful)

why do you want to be a moderator?
i live for organization, especially when it comes to goodreads groups. i do all that i can to even make my own groups as organized as possible, as well as give it a creative flare that i would assume makes it unique, whether it's with folder names or group aesthetics.

what can you contribute to the group as a moderator?
for starters, i unfortunately live and breathe goodreads, so i'm online a large percent of the time, which i think is pretty good in terms of moderating. like i said before, i love overall organization, and i can be very tedious with it, but it would create an amazing result.

what is a suggestion for the group you have?
so from what i see in some threads, this rp has been around for longer than a year (that's amazing, btw), but there's a lot of clutter and disorganization that comes with it. perhaps there could be an activity check, or something, and then delete all of the characters and users that are no longer active? i've seen people be drawn away from rps with a lot going on in it, so that could maybe be help. i can also do basic moderator stuff, like enforce the rules, accept character, create threads, etc. i also think there should be a face claim thread, to keep track of what face claims people use.

why won't you abuse your position as a moderator?
i'll be honest, i do tend to be too suggestive to the other mods about certain things that can be changed/created within a group, but i know of my boundaries, and i would never abuse my position. for starts, it's not my group and definitely not my creation, and it's rude as hell.

what do you want your title to be?
✧・゚: *✧・゚:* (it matches my username lol)

extra
i am currently a mod in three groups, two of which are still ongoing. i do have rping and mod experience from outside rping websites, so i suppose that helps as well.

message 16: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 15, 2018 11:55PM) (new)

why do you want to be a moderator?I want to be a moderator because I want to help out.I also want to see what places I can think of for the group
What can you contribute to the group as a moderator? I will think of new places for the group.

Make the languages classes different chats so that their can be more rps.have room for different language teacher to talk about how hard it is to teach a different language.
4) Why won't you abuse your position as a moderator? I won't abuse it because I want to be trusted

5) What do you want your title to be? (optional, will not affect whether you are made a moderator.) In The Shadows

message 17: by bubblewaffles (new)

bubblewaffles

why do you want to be a moderator?
I want to be a moderator because I think that I'm good at organizing, and I am a huge character creator, a huge dork, and I just like helping people out. I organize everything except for my room that place is a trash dump uwu and I adore it when things are organized, it's a reason why want to help. I also want to contribute to this amazing group that I have been a part of for a while and I just honestly want to stop people from creating mary/gary sues, but you know, I may not be able to do that, so I'm just going to shut up now.

what can you contribute to the group as a moderator?
I can help sort things out, approve characters, make sure roleplays are appropriate, prevent chaos, um set boundaries, and organize things. I am also active a lot of the time even at school lmao because I don't really have that many activities, and when I am unavailable and not sleeping, I will try to make up for it on the weekends.

what is a suggestion for the group you have?
I suggest that there could be more locations, more interests, maybe, um more extra-curricular activities like maybe a dungeons and dragons club, an art club, a language club (maybe one for each language, started by students), i dunno, I just want to help.

why won't you abuse your position as a moderator?
I won't abuse my position as a moderator because I like to be trusted, and I always strive for everyone's opinions about me to be positive, unfortunately, and I also don't want to be exiled from this fantabulous (fabulous + fantastic) group.

what do you want your title to be?
waffle queen, maybe dorkules, i dunno, really, maybe crazy lunatic.