The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Interesting stuff > The 2017 Edgar Nominations -- how many have you read??

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nancy, Co-Moderator (last edited Jan 19, 2017 03:17PM) (new)

Nancy Oakes (quinnsmom) | 8959 comments Mod
This morning nominations were announced for the Edgar Awards -- here's the list:

http://www.booklistreader.com/2017/01...

message 2: by Thomas (new)

Thomas (tom471) | 1529 comments I have not read any.

message 3: by Jackie (new)

Jackie I have not read any of these either.

message 4: by Jan C (new)

Jan C (woeisme) | 35958 comments Haven't read any either.

message 5: by Gisela (new)

Gisela Hafezparast | 367 comments None, never heard of it before. Not a great list fan.

message 6: by Faith (new)

Faith | 324 comments I've read Before the Fall, Dodgers and IQ. They were excellent. I also read Mississippi Noir but I don't remember the nominated short story.

message 7: by Carol (new)

Carol (carolfromnc) | 13565 comments I read The Ex. It was nonsense, and the ending didn't hang together.

message 8: by Zoe (new)

Zoe Radley | 558 comments I have read Jane Steele by Lyndsay Faye and wow that was an amazing retelling yet slightly different of Jane Eyre and really good people should read that. I have heared of Kate Summersale The Wicked Boy, I really need to get hold of that.

message 9: by Jan C (new)

Jan C (woeisme) | 35958 comments I think the only one I'd heard of was The Wicked Boy.

message 10: by KES (new)

KES | 1 comments Rain Dogs and Jane Steele, that's it. Couple more titles on my towering TBR pile.

message 11: by Jim (new)

Jim | 578 comments I read Before the Fall (liked it) and Alfred Hitchcock (okay)

The 7th Canon is on my TBR shelf. I have read My Sister's Grave and enjoyed it so I have high hopes for this one

message 12: by Icewineanne (new)

Icewineanne | 286 comments Really enjoy "best of" & "award nominations" lists. I always search the titles online to pick the ones that grab me.
Especially enjoy reading all of the short stories to see if my choice matches the opinion of the awards committee.

message 13: by VickiLee (new)

VickiLee | 483 comments Gadzooks! I thought I was keeping up with what's new, but I have only read Before the Fall from this list. Oddly enough, even though they are nominees, many of them did not appeal to me when I read their descriptions. I may give a few a try.