What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Two books! One about airport security, one about auras

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katrina (last edited Jan 19, 2017 03:06PM) (new)

Katrina Mc | 2 comments Hi there, so I have had two books in my mind I read a long time ago and can't seem to remember the names of the books.

The first I read on someone else's kindle on a plane in September 2010. It was about a guy who was sent through airport(?) security in order to test the strength of their security and if they were able to detect him bringing something through (they are not). He gets caught up in a big mess - something to do with an eye in a package - that's as far as I got lol. It's definitely fiction.

The second is also fiction and I would have read it a few years before that, possibly in 2008. It was only going into preview then because I picked the preview up at my local book store. It was about a boy and girl who are in a big city, San Francisco I think, and fid out they are some types of guardians. They meet with who I believe was the boy's uncle, who tells them about the secrets and mysteries behind the auras that we carry around with us. He is able to manipulate his aura in order to fight off the enemy that they are tasked to fight. The preview ends in the streets of the city, where the three of them are forced to use their auras quickly to get themselves out of danger and escape.

I know the latter definitely exists as for a while I had the copy of the sample but it was lost a few years ago. When I asked my friend to check her kindle for the book that I had read she said she couldn't find it, so I was hoping someone would be able to confirm its existence. I wish I had more knowledge on either of the books and I know this is probably a complete long shot, but I think about them sometimes when I'm stuck for a book to read and wish I could remember the names of either of them to read and keep me entertained! They were both great books and I really would like to finish them if I could just find out what they were.

Many thanks and I really hope somebody know what they're called!

(definitely both fiction, one was paperback one was ebook but possibly has a paperback edition too)

message 2: by Katrina (new)

Katrina Mc | 2 comments I've found one of the books - it was The Alchemyst Series and the "uncle" was Nicholas Flamel!

message 3: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
The Alchemyst for the link to the first book.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37753 comments Mod
Katrina wrote: "I've found one of the books - it was The Alchemyst Series and the "uncle" was Nicholas Flamel!"

Katrina, please create a separate thread for the unsolved book. It gets too confusing when multiple book queries are in one thread.