Amazon Editors' YA Book Club discussion

Carve the Mark (Carve the Mark, #1)
This topic is about Carve the Mark
February 2017 > Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Seira (new)

Seira Wilson | 92 comments Mod
Looks like a lot of us are excited about Veronica Roth's new novel! Carve the Mark just came out this week and won the poll for our February book.

message 2: by Christine (new) - added it

Christine L. (screenedbooks) It's finally Feburary! Time to start this book!

message 3: by Seira (new)

For those who have started (or finished) this one, what's your overall impression of it so far?

message 4: by Seira (new)

The publisher, HarperCollins, is doing a giveaway! Last day to enter is February 21st : https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/sh...

message 5: by Seira (new)

Veronica Roth will answer some of our questions -- what do you want to ask her about Carve the Mark?

message 6: by Christine (last edited Feb 19, 2017 05:21PM) (new) - added it

Christine L. (screenedbooks) Seira wrote: "Veronica Roth will answer some of our questions -- what do you want to ask her about Carve the Mark?"

Thank you for taking the time out to answer our group's questions.

One of my favorite parts of Carve the Mark (as well as the Divergent series) is the rich world building. Which aspects of creating the diverse cultures in Carve the Mark do you start with?

Morgan Jacques | 1 comments I finally finished the book!!!! I really liked it but I thought it was a very slow start. Besides that, I really liked the story line, and how the narrator switched from Akos and Cyra. I also really liked the concept. That is what intrigued me the most.