Think and Grow Rich Think and Grow Rich discussion

Who else thought this book had many flawed theories

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Swati (new)

Swati This book seems to be something simply to motivate people irrespective of any reality check. I think to be really successful in life one needs to have acceptance of what and where they are which this book (in some of the examples) has completely forgotten. What do you all think?

William Lewis May your grandest dreams appear!

A real magic wand crackling with real magical energy
Chapter 2
Get your dream job with no resume and no contacting employers
Dee Dee my wonderful sweetheart says gently and sincerely “How come you get everything you want when you want it?”
I respond, “What do you want sweet heart?”

“I don’t know.” “How can I know what I want?”
“Pretend I have a real magic wand crackling with real magical energy and I can just wave it and make any dream or goal you want come true.” “Write down several things you really want on a piece of paper.”
She returns a few minutes later with a list of several things. I read it and say, “Now put numbers beside each item according to their importance to you.” Dee Dee comes back with them listed in the order of importance to her. I read the most important one and say; now list every exact detail you want for this most important item.
Dee Dee comes back with a detailed list of everything she wants for this one thing.
The note says:
I want a job a few blocks from our home; (we live in a residential area, so fairly unlikely).
I want more money than I have ever made before, (challenging).
I want a job in bookkeeping (she had one class in High School and no work experience; that is impossible).
I want my own private office (she has never had that).
I want to be in an office with no other women (always lots of women in past) .

One week goes by, I hear the phone ring. My wife’s old employer, Jeff, says his new boss, Bob, needs key man insurance. We drive a couple blocks to their new office. Dee Dee has Bob sign the papers.
We four are standing outside of Bob’s new office a few blocks from our home. Bob says to Jeff, “Our bookkeeper has decided not to come with us to this new location. Wish I knew where we could find someone to take her place.” I smile and look into my wife’s eyes and she looks back into my eyes.
I feel the real magic (E.S.P.) starting to resonate like it always does when I get what I want.
I say, “My wife might be interested in this position.” Her ex-boss, Jeff immediately says to Bob, “She is fantastic and can handle this bookkeeping with ease!” My wife adds, “It is only a couple of blocks from my home so it will be perfect for traveling.”
Dee Dee asks, “Where would I work?” Bob shows her the brand new private office which would be the first private office she ever had.
My wife asks, “What kind of salary will you be starting the person at?” It is the highest salary she has ever had.
My wife asks, “What kind of staff would I be working with?” Bob says, “We are all men here, you would be the only woman, I hope that’s not a problem.”
My wife says, that’s fine.
Bob says, “Can you start after giving notice where you are currently working?” My wife looks at me with sparkling eyes, and then says, “Yes that will be fine.”
I contacted no one in anyway. I did not write or talk to anyone about her grand detailed dream. How did I do it? I promise you, I used the sixth sense also known as Extra Sensory Perception (E.S.P.).
Go to chapter 14 How to get ten million dollars if you want to immediately see how to develop your sixth sense. This will let you get what you want by using the sixth sense and explains in detail how the sixth sense works.
For many years I have been blessed with the fantastic real magic gift to get what I want when I want it. I have shied away from sharing this with others because I just felt from past experience that it would be a waste of my time to share this wonderful reality.
In chapter four I will share some of these past experiences and it will become clearer why I had some hesitancy to share these facts. See, Chapter Four: How to get a “free” $400,000 education using a magic trick.
We now live in very magical times. People are seeing wonders happening all around them. So perhaps now is the time to share “the truth once” with you.
By the way, many years later, my wife said she wanted to have her own business in her home. This time because of many magical experiences of getting what she wanted over and over again; she says to me, “Work your voodoo!” She has been working in her own business now for many years.
We are now both officially retired and are taking it easy enjoying our 22 grandchildren.
So what do you do when you get what you want, when you want it? As my third mentor Ken who retired when he was a young man said, “I help others get their dreams.”
Ergo this book, I hope this book inspires you to take a few small actions so you too can have your grandest dreams with absolute dependability. And so, I am now sharing how I got to this place of living the good life of fantastic health, wealth and happiness. All the above because of Think and Grow Rich!!!

William Lewis Swati wrote: "This book seems to be something simply to motivate people irrespective of any reality check. I think to be really successful in life one needs to have acceptance of what and where they are which th..."
This book gives me all my grandest impossible dreams when I want them. It is highly underrated!!!