What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > Heroine pretending to be simple/daft/dumb/poor?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Haru (new)

Haru Choi (haruchoi) | 8 comments Hi, can someone recommend books where the Heroine is pretending to be simple/daft/dumb/poor but actually very smart or rich? Any books, any genre as long as the Heroine is pretending something she's not.

Thanks!!! Sorry, although this is a "What's The Name of That Book???" disscussion group, I hope someone can recommend.

message 2: by Josie (new)

Josie | 30 comments Never Seduce a Scot - everyone thinks the heroine is "touched" and she doesn't do much to dispel this. Actually she is just deaf. Is this the kind of book you were wanting?

message 3: by Marsha (new)

Marsha (queenboadicea) | 74 comments Hush: An Irish Princess’ Tale by Donna Jo Napoli

message 4: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Love | 1089 comments This fits Lois Lowry's Son, in a way, although she's disguising that she has strong emotions in a society where others don't. (It's a prequel/sequel to The Giver.) Son

message 5: by Haru (new)

Haru Choi (haruchoi) | 8 comments Josie wrote: "Never Seduce a Scot - everyone thinks the heroine is "touched" and she doesn't do much to dispel this. Actually she is just deaf. Is this the kind of book you were wanting?"

I already this one and I really enjoyed it. Thanks though!!!

message 6: by Haru (new)

Haru Choi (haruchoi) | 8 comments Marsha wrote: "Hush: An Irish Princess’ Tale by Donna Jo Napoli"

Thanks!!! I just read the synopsis and It look interesting!! Hope you can recommend more books.

message 7: by Haru (new)

Haru Choi (haruchoi) | 8 comments Pamela wrote: "This fits Lois Lowry's Son, in a way, although she's disguising that she has strong emotions in a society where others don't. (It's a prequel/sequel to The Giver.) Son"

Thanks.. I have watch the movie before but had not yet read the book though......

message 9: by Haru (new)

Haru Choi (haruchoi) | 8 comments Jenny wrote: "The Undomestic Goddess"

Thanks!