World, Writing, Wealth discussion

All Things Writing & Publishing > I'm so excited! My first Amazon KMS reverse association!

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Tara Woods Turner | 2063 comments By none other than Jaguar USA!

message 2: by Alex (new)

Alex (asato) Congratulations! But what is a KMS reverse association?

message 3: by Marie Silk (new)

Marie Silk | 1022 comments Sounds awesome Tara. What is it exactly?

Tara Woods Turner | 2063 comments Kindle Marketing Services or KMS lets you adbertise on Amazon in two ways: you can select items that you think can be associated with your brand or you can narrow down your exposure by demographics. In both cases you then pay-per-click hoping for sales or at least impressions. For example, if you sell purple iphone cases you can use KMS to:
A) have your product advertied to 40 year old females because their daughters are the right age for the iphone cases, or...
B) you can have your product advertised on pages selling purple iphone earbuds, How To Parent Tweens by Jane Doe, books from The Hunger Games series, iphone speakers, youth skinny jeans etc, etc.

You want your product seen by/associated with similar products. If I wrote cozy mysteries, for example, I would want my product associated with the top sellers in that genre or a page that sells yarn or knitting supplies or scrapbooking supplies etc. if I wrote graphic sci-fi or horror I'd want to run ads on pages for video gaming systems/consoles etc in order to grab that demographic.

Well, what happened to me is that Jaguar USA chose my book as a product they wanted associated with theirs. They are hoping that people looking for my book also happen to be their audience or that people looking for certain tags (in this case, manners, sophisticated) stumble upon their ad and give it a click. That doesn't benefit me, technically, but I'm hopeful that maybe my book is showing up on pages I'm not aware of. It's still pretty cool! I've never run a KMS ad although I've considered it. I want to do an fb ad first.

message 5: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 15385 comments Sounds great, congrats and hope you see benefits!