BookMooch discussion

Bookmooch forums

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jon (new)

Jon (jonmoss) I get a daily e-mail from the forums, but never look at it. The forums are completely useless at this point. He's supposed to be implementing something better (according to the blog).

message 2: by Jon (new)

Jon (jonmoss) Even though BookMooch has it's outages, I prefer to support a completely nonprofit outfit. I don't want or need to subscribe to another service or be bombarded with advertising.

message 3: by Mary C (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) there's no fee at pbs and they dont' bombard me with advertising. I like to use both sites. They both have their pros and cons. I hope they do improve the forums at bookmooch.

message 4: by Mary C (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) Sigh bookmooch is still down. I had a book I wanted to order too.

message 5: by Eva Marie (new)

Eva Marie (evamarie3578) Jon wrote: "Even though BookMooch has it's outages, I prefer to support a completely nonprofit outfit. I don't want or need to subscribe to another service or be bombarded with advertising. "

What advertising? I prefer to go wherever is best and as sad as it is to say, right now, PBS is FAR better than BM. In terms of everything, wishlisted books, getting books ordered, the people (for the most part), the forums, etc. Everything.

message 6: by Colleen (new)

Colleen (rainbowbrite98) The forums don't work for me either.

message 7: by Mary C (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) I see people posting on them but I don't know how they do it. I should say when I can get the page to come up, I see people posting on them.

message 8: by Eva Marie (new)

Eva Marie (evamarie3578) Are you guys talking about all the time or just right now since BM went down this last time?

message 9: by Mary C (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) I am never able to post on the forums. Sometimes when I click on the forum thing it brings it up. It takes a long time. Most of the tiem I can only see the list of posts adn can't actually read one or make a post. A couple of times I've ahd questions and couldn't get help because my post never showed up.

message 10: by Eva Marie (new)

Eva Marie (evamarie3578) That's what I thought- it may seem like a lot of people are using them but that's not the case. It's actually usually the same people over and over. I can't use them myself along with lost of other people. It's my understanding that John is trying to fix it so everyone can use it but that's been being said for a long time now.
I'm not sure why those who can use it can and why we can't but you're not alone. There is a way you can get the posts though- if you go to the forums (which sometimes won't even load in less than an hour) and "subscribe" to the threads you want you'll get an email whenever someone posts. If you're an angel and want to get requests this is good or if you're friends with the people who do use it. As a subscriber I can tell you there isn't much point beyond those two things- it's just basically, right now, a group of friends. From what I can see and from what I've learned.
Hopefully it'll be back up and running soon so all of BM can use it.

message 11: by Cameron (new)

Cameron (220340) | 30 comments visit my e-mail-220340@NLvikings.com