Play Book Tag discussion

Binti (Binti, #1)
This topic is about Binti
December 2016: Short Story > Binti - Nnedi Okorafor 4/5

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Nicole D. | 1141 comments So I'm playing Chutes and Ladders over at Readers Room and thus far I've read two books NOT on my TBR and zero books on my TBR. What I had to read was "African American Science Fiction" which is quite specific. It turned out OK, because I really like this book and it fits Short Story.

This is technically a "novella" at 96 pages. When I first started reading it I thought, this will be just some phoned in story which won't have any sophistication. But it didn't take long to realize that the beauty of a novella is you don't have time to mess around, so the story needs to happen fast, and I like that.

This is a multi-award winner, Hugo and Nebula and it was a fun story about a girl leaving home (planet) for the first time and off to study at some galactic university. There are lots of interesting ideas in the book, and there's a sequel coming out soon which I will read as well.

Jen's game 3, TBR 0.

message 2: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 5337 comments Ha ha, I am impressed that you found and enjoyed something. But feel for your TBR with its scpre of zero.

Sushicat | 799 comments This one sits on my tbr. Eventually I'll get there...

Nicole D. | 1141 comments Sushicat wrote: "This one sits on my tbr. Eventually I'll get there..."
very fast read!

Sushicat | 799 comments I'll leave it for the moment in case I land on that square. I read Lagoon last year and really liked it.