What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Romance, woman on the run from husband, finding shelter on a ranch and falling in love with owner. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristina (new)

Kristina (waffletastics) | 19 comments The book is about a woman on the run from her husband. Every once in a while he finds her and beats her up. Everytime she takes photos and sends them to her lawyer, at least I think it was her lawyer.
The book starts with the husband finding her and beating her up. She then takes the photos, gets in her car and is on the run again. The lawyer provides her with an adress where she can find shelter, the ranch from an old friend of his.
This friend, the rancher, takes care of her and looks after her. They eventually fall in love.
If I am not wrong there was also a horse, everyone thought was dangerous but she kind of befriended. It sorf of sought to protect her. And der was a dog following her around everywhere she went
(view spoiler)

I read the book one or two years ago as an e-book.
It is a romance. I can't remember if there were any explicit scenes, though.

Thank you so much in advance.

message 2: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 321 comments I think I found it through a Google search! It sounds really good!
Saved by the Rancher by Jennifer Ryan. I read the first chapter online and the heroine, Jenna, gets beaten by her husband who then leaves, cops show up after an anonymous call about a break-in, then she takes a cab to her gym where she calls her lawyer and says 'I'm on the run again, I'll send the pictures when I can.' She used the code word 'rabbit' with her lawyers secretary because no one can know her true identity but him.

message 3: by Kristina (new)

Kristina (waffletastics) | 19 comments Brittany wrote: "I think I found it through a Google search! It sounds really good!
Saved by the Rancher by Jennifer Ryan. I read the first chapter online and the heroine, Jenna, ge..."

Oh my God! Yes that's the book. Thank you so much.
May I ask how you googled it? I haven't found anything.
It is a real good book. In my opinion wonderfully written and as far as I remember authentic and realistic characters.

Thank you so much

message 4: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 321 comments Glad I could help! I entered 'woman hides at ranch from abusive husband and secretly takes over his law firm' in Google then clicked on 'books' under the search bar. I got lucky - It was the only hit to even come close.
I'm going to download it. The little I read was really good.

message 5: by Kristina (new)

Kristina (waffletastics) | 19 comments Brittany wrote: "Glad I could help! I entered 'woman hides at ranch from abusive husband and secretly takes over his law firm' in Google then clicked on 'books' under the search bar. I got lucky - It was the only h..."

ok wow....that was lucky....
tell me what you think about it when you are done. I'm just sorry I spoilerd you already

message 6: by Brittany (last edited Nov 01, 2016 01:30PM) (new)

Brittany | 321 comments Hey! I just finished it (was in the middle of a biggie I had to finish before I could start this one). I liked it. I liked the plot, but the execution could have been much better in my opinion. Jack was kind of sleazy in a 'I know you were almost beaten to death by your ex but I want to keep you naked. You make me happy in my pants' kind of way. That was a little much for me. That and the fact Jenna is supposed to be an expert at hiding and has secret identities, but buys 2 classic cars and charters a private jet to go shopping using her real name. The author just didn't seem organized. 'You know what would be really convenient more than halfway through the book? If Jack has an identical twin brother who just happens to be an FBI agent that no one has mentioned yet.'
Okay enough ranting from me. That was rude, sorry. I did like it. I liked the idea of the story and how she took over at the end was awesome. The book just had some pet peeves for me. I'm glad I read it though!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Saved by the Rancher (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jennifer Ryan (other topics)