YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > The Summer Games Series by R.S. Grey - Start Date: October 26, 2016

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments Settling the Score by R.S. Grey

As an Olympic rookie, Andie Foster has spent far more time in her cleats than between the sheets. For 21 years, her Friday nights have consisted of blocking shots rather than taking them. But now that she's landed in Rio, she's ready to see for herself if the rumors about the Olympic Village are true:
• The athletes are all sex-crazed maniacs...
• The committee passes out condoms like candy...
• The games continue long after the medals have been handed out...
As Andie walks the line between rumor and reality, she's forced into the path of Frederick Archibald, a decorated Olympic swimmer and owner of a sexy British accent--too bad he's unavailable in a way that "it's complicated" doesn't even begin to explain.

In other words: off limits.

It doesn't matter that he has abs that could bring peace to the Middle East and a smile that makes even the Queen blush; Andie fully intends on keeping her focus on the soccer field. But the Village is small. Suffocating. Everywhere Andie goes, Freddie happens to be there--shirtless, wet from the pool, and determined to show her a whole new meaning of the phrase "international affairs".

message 2: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Chapter two (view spoiler)

message 3: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments Rachmi wrote: "Chapter two [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 4: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments P.S. (view spoiler)

message 5: by Beatrice (last edited Oct 26, 2016 04:10AM) (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments Chapter 4-5
(view spoiler)

message 6: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Beatrice wrote: "Rachmi wrote: "Chapter two [spoilers removed]"..."

(view spoiler)

message 7: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Beatrice wrote: "P.S. [spoilers removed]"

Hah, me too! :D

message 8: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Beatrice wrote: "Chapter 4-5
[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 9: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Chapter 6, (view spoiler)

message 10: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments Rachmi wrote: "Beatrice wrote: "Chapter 4-5
[spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 11: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments Rachmi wrote: "Chapter 6,

(view spoiler)

message 12: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments Chapter 10

(view spoiler)

message 13: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Beatrice wrote: "Rachmi wrote: "Chapter 6,

[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 14: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments Rachmi wrote: "Beatrice wrote: "Rachmi wrote: "Chapter 6,

(view spoiler)

message 15: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Chapter 7, (view spoiler)

message 16: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments Rachmi wrote: "Chapter 7, [spoilers removed]"

You got it!! ahhahahaha!!

message 17: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Beatrice wrote: "Rachmi wrote: "Chapter 7, [spoilers removed]"

You got it!! ahhahahaha!!"

(view spoiler)

message 18: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Chapter 8, (view spoiler)

message 19: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Chapter 10, (view spoiler)

message 20: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments Rachmi wrote: "Chapter 8, [spoilers removed]"

It sounds American to me. hahaha

message 21: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Beatrice wrote: "Rachmi wrote: "Chapter 8, [spoilers removed]"

It sounds American to me. hahaha"

Exactly! The author can give him a better name other than a name that sound like American. Or if she doesn't know where to start, she can look at the Portugal or Brazil football team. They are surely have Portuguese names.

message 22: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments Rachmi wrote: "Beatrice wrote: "Rachmi wrote: "Chapter 8, [spoilers removed]"

Exactly! The author can give him a better name other than a name that sound like American. Or if s..."

True! I would love to name him Fernando Jose. hahaha!! :))

message 23: by Rachmi (last edited Oct 26, 2016 11:26PM) (new)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Beatrice wrote: "Rachmi wrote: "Beatrice wrote: "Rachmi wrote: "Chapter 8, [spoilers removed]"

Exactly! The author can give him a better name other than a name that sound like Am..."

That's a perfect name for Portuguese football player, my friend! He reminds me of a character of a Telenovela I used to watch when I was in senior high school, though. Hahaha.

Edit: He refers to Fernando Jose, not Nathan Drake that doesn't sound Portuguese :D

message 24: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Chapter 20 (view spoiler)

message 25: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments Rachmi wrote: "Beatrice wrote: "Rachmi wrote: "Beatrice wrote: "Rachmi wrote: "Chapter 8, [spoilers removed]"

Exactly! The author can give him a better name other than a name t..."

I remember watching that telenovela. not sure if it's Marimar or Rosalinda. Hahahah! I was in Grade school that time

message 26: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Beatrice wrote: "Rachmi wrote: "Beatrice wrote: "Rachmi wrote: "Beatrice wrote: "Rachmi wrote: "Chapter 8, [spoilers removed]"

Exactly! The author can give him a better name othe..."

Grade school? Well...I'm way older that you are then! Anyway, I think it's Marimar? Because I quite remember she has a dog, while Rosalinda didn't have any dog. But if it's Marimar then I watched it a little bit younger, as in junior school, I think.

message 27: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments Rachmi wrote: "Beatrice wrote: "Rachmi wrote: "Beatrice wrote: "Rachmi wrote: "Beatrice wrote: "Rachmi wrote: "Chapter 8, [spoilers removed]"

Exactly! The author can give him a..."

I think it's Rosalinda though. I remember Marimar is paired up Sergio then Señora Angelica Santibanez antagonizes them.

Goodness, I miss this kind of drama haha

message 28: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Really? I didn't remember the detail only the main character's names. But maybe you're right. The antagonist in Marimar are the hero's father and his step-mother, right? Now I'm not sure if he is Fernando Jose or Sergio something.

Those telenovela were surely a guilty pleasure. They were predictable as hell yet so engaging, hahaha.

My favorite one wasn't the one with Thalia, though. It was the one whose the heroine called Lupita Lopez. She lived at the mall where she worked. It was so addicting my mom had to drag me to school because at that time my school started at 12:30pm, 30 minutes after Lupita Lopez aired, Lol.

message 29: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments I'm so curious I googled both Marimar and Rosalinda. And you're right! Fernando Jose was Rosalinda's love interest.

message 30: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Chapter 21, (view spoiler)

message 31: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments Rachmi wrote: "Really? I didn't remember the detail only the main character's names. But maybe you're right. The antagonist in Marimar are the hero's father and his step-mother, right? Now I'm not sure if he is F..."

LOL! It's aired here around 11:30 am before I go to school. My service to school arrives around 12 nn. So happy whenever I watch it. It's really entertaining

message 32: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments Rachmi wrote: "Chapter 21, [...]."

(view spoiler)

message 33: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Chapter 22, (view spoiler)

message 34: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Chapter 29, (view spoiler)

message 35: by Rachmi (last edited Oct 27, 2016 08:17AM) (new)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Chapter 39,(view spoiler)

message 36: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments Chapter 26

(view spoiler)

message 37: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Beatrice wrote: "Chapter 26

[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 38: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments Finished
(view spoiler)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.