What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. YA (I think?) Fantasy, A bunch of powerful magicians trapped the god/elements/whatever in crystals, the fire crystal cracks and a spark escapes, taking the form of a redhead girl with no memory or knowledge of what she is. [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Luke (new)

Luke Poole | 4 comments I'm not sure when I read this book, but I remember most of the story, so here goes:
A bunch of powerful magicians trapped the god/elements/whatever in crystals, the fire crystal cracks and a spark escapes, taking the form of a redhead girl with no memory or knowledge of what she is.
There's a couple of other, minor details I remember. Let me know if you want more info. Thanks guys!

message 2: by Luke (new)

Luke Poole | 4 comments Not sure if it's frowned upon here or not, but, uh...
Bump

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40166 comments Mod
Actually we ask that you not bump more often than every 30 days, since the group is so large and has so many active requests.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40166 comments Mod
Can you narrow down when you read it to a range of years, at least? E.g. between 2005-2010. At the time you read it, did it seem old or new?

message 5: by Luke (new)

Luke Poole | 4 comments It was definitely 5 or more years ago, and I would guess it was an old book, but I'm not sure.
So, yeah, 2005-2010 is probably accurate for when I read it.
Pretty sure the girl joined up with a very small (like, 2 or 3 people) peforming troupe, and I remember there being an awkward almost-romance between her and one of the guys, then they swore to be 'shield brother' and 'sword sister' or something similar- for however long they determined, they would behave as brother and sister toward each other.
Like i said, minor detail.

message 6: by Aerulan (last edited Oct 25, 2016 03:11AM) (new)

Aerulan | 1239 comments Sounds like you're looking for When the Gods Are Silent by Jane Lindskold. But the blurb here on goodreads is weirdly inaccurate, it's nothing like you describe, and very little like the book. But I've read it several times and I'm sure it's the one you are after.

ETA: If you're not sure if it's the right one, since the blurb is kinda useless let me know if you want me to provide some details from the book that might confirm it for you.

message 7: by Luke (new)

Luke Poole | 4 comments Aerulan wrote: "Sounds like you're looking for When the Gods Are Silent by Jane Lindskold. But the blurb here on goodreads is weirdly inaccurate, it's nothing like you describe, and very little like t..."

That's it! I recognise the cover. Thanks heaps!

message 8: by Aerulan (new)

Aerulan | 1239 comments You're welcome!