Aussie Readers discussion

A Subtle Agency (The Metaframe War, #1)
This topic is about A Subtle Agency
Our Authors Spotlight > AR - The Metaframe War Series by Graeme Rodaughan

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Graeme (last edited Feb 09, 2018 06:39PM) (new) - added it

Graeme Rodaughan Hi All,

All my books are published via Draft2Digital and Amazon on the following platforms.

A Subtle Agency (The Metaframe War, #1) by Graeme Rodaughan

AMAZON US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FS73TXY
APPLE, NOOK, KOBO, et al: https://www.books2read.com/u/mqpNB8

A Traitor's War (The Metaframe War, #2) by Graeme Rodaughan

AMAZON US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06ZZ8ZLKD
APPLE, NOOK, KOBO, et al: https://www.books2read.com/u/4Do82r

The Dragon's Den (The Metaframe War, #3) by Graeme Rodaughan

AMAZON US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078QFTCMS
APPLE, NOOK, KOBO, et al: https://www.books2read.com/u/mBM7lO

Standard pricing is US $4.99 for each book.

From there you can easily navigate to your home market if you are outside the US.

In a universe where reality can be re-programmed, any wish can be satisfied or any nightmare realised.

Set in a near future Boston & New York; in a world that looks a lot like ours, vampires rule from the shadows, but they are not unopposed.

Standing against them are two ancient secret societies. The Order of Thoth and the Red Empire, united in their opposition to the vampires and bitterly divided by their different values.

A young Anton Smith, a Boston university student in his freshman year, and star Hockey player comes to the attention of the 2nd most powerful vampire in the world, General Chloe Armitage and she has a visionary plan for the future in which she needs Anton to play a critical part.

Anton's world and everything that he thought he knew is shattered, he is thrown onto the streets of Boston and must quickly adapt to survive. But will he learn what he needs to know quickly enough to make a difference or will he become a knight in an ambitious vampire's chess game where the future of humanity is at stake.

Recent reviews from GR readers are here.

BOOM! I loved this indie vampire action movie and gave it all the stars! Yes, technically, it's a book but as there were more bullets than words spoken I'm calling it an ACTION MOVIE.

and

Like Brian Lumley’s “Necroscope” series, “Metaframe” is a spy thriller with vampires. Here, the vampires’ agents employ state-of-the-art tracking devices, civil information-gathering, electronic forgery, and a small army of state-authorized operatives to track down our hero, Anton Smith.

and

Wow, what a wild ride! After Anton Slayne is forced to watch an unspeakable execution, he manages to escape and is forced into hiding in order to thwart those who seek to use him for their own means. In exile, he meets Gang Wu and his daughter Li, who prepare him to battle inhumanely powerful enemies. The mystery is, why is everyone after Slayne anyway?

Worth having a look at.

Cheers Graeme

message 2: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Brenda | 70469 comments Mod
Congratulations Graeme :)

message 3: by Graeme (new) - added it

Graeme Rodaughan Thanks Brenda,

The 2nd book in the series is well on it's way.

message 4: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

That's great!

Leonie (leonierogers) | 3218 comments Congratulations, Graeme!

message 6: by Graeme (new) - added it

Graeme Rodaughan Thanks Leonie.

message 11: by Graeme (new) - added it

Graeme Rodaughan A new FREE promo will run on the 24th to the 26th March 2017

message 12: by Graeme (new) - added it

Graeme Rodaughan Hi All,

A Subtle Agency (The Metaframe War, #1) by Graeme Rodaughan A Subtle Agency is available for FREE from the 24th to 26th March 2017 US Pacific time.

I rarely run free promotions - this weekend is the best time to pick up this book for free.

The main US link is here. If that doesn't satisfy your needs, you can usually easily navigate to your home Amazon site with a single click.

If you happen to enjoy my book, please support an indie author by writing a review.

Happy reading.

Cheers Graeme

message 13: by Graeme (new) - added it

Graeme Rodaughan Hi all. A Traitor's War (The Metaframe War, #2) by Graeme Rodaughan A Traitor's War is now available at Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06ZZ8ZLKD

After the desperate battle on the Boston docks, Anton Slayne finds refuge amongst the vampire hunters of the Order of Thoth.

Anton discovers the Order of Thoth harbors a traitor who could get his new friends killed. While a secret alliance between the Red Empire and vampire General Chloe Armitage, threatens to do the same.

With threats both within and without - will Anton be able to stay alive long enough to save his friends, or will his circling enemies destroy everyone he loves?

message 14: by Graeme (last edited May 15, 2017 02:39AM) (new) - added it

Graeme Rodaughan Discount week will run from Saturday the 20th of May to Thursday the 25th of May 2017.

2 books, 450+ pages of Urban Fantasy, Techno-Thrilling goodness with vampires with attitude.

[1] A Subtle Agency, A Subtle Agency (The Metaframe War, #1) by Graeme Rodaughan book #1 of 'The Metaframe War' series will be discounted from $2.99 to $0.99USD on all Amazon marketplaces. The main US link is here.

[2] A Traitor's War, A Traitor's War (The Metaframe War, #2) by Graeme Rodaughan book #2 of 'The Metaframe War' series will be discounted from $5.99 to $2.99USD on all Amazon marketplaces. The main US link is here.

Recent reviews are below.

[A Subtle Agency] Anton was just a bright student and hockey player when he met a beautiful woman standing at his doorstep. Little did he know that she would change his life as he knew it; in the most drastic ways possible.

[A Traitor's War] A Traitor’s War is everything that A Subtle Agency was, and more. A lot more. More action, more suspense, more intrigue, more twists, more gadgets and techy stuff, more blood and gore...

5 Days to go before the sale starts.

message 16: by Graeme (new) - added it

Graeme Rodaughan Discount week will run from Saturday the 20th of May to Thursday the 25th of May 2017.

2 books, 450+ pages of Urban Fantasy, Techno-Thrilling goodness with vampires with attitude.

Three days to go.

message 18: by Graeme (new) - added it

Graeme Rodaughan Discounted this weekend from 23rd to 25th June.

Urban Fantasy, Action-Thrilling goodness with vampires with attitude.

[1] A Subtle Agency, A Subtle Agency (The Metaframe War, #1) by Graeme Rodaughan book #1 of 'The Metaframe War' series will be discounted from $3.99 to $0.99USD on all Amazon marketplaces. The main US link is here on AMAZON.

message 19: by Graeme (new) - added it

Graeme Rodaughan Latest reviews for A Traitor's War A Traitor's War (The Metaframe War, #2) by Graeme Rodaughan Book2 of the Metaframe War series and a useful glossary and who's who to the Metaframe War series.

5 Stars: I loved this book as much as the first. It's not a casual read; you do have to pay attention to keep up with all the subplots going on inside the story, but I think it's well worth it. Again, this isn't like the usual horror I read, more action and conspiracies, but I really enjoyed it and dangit, I need the next one to see what happens!!

4 Stars: The story continues from where the previous book has been finished. Anton has reached the Mirovar team and begins his training, but serious threats arise on the horizon, coming from the outside, but also from the inside the Order.

I can immediately say that this book has also my expectations. The action is always of the highest level, with exciting and fast-paced fighting scenes, in the action movies style. I like this vision of vampires as an organization of highly trained subjects, with extensive equipment of weapons and technological means, global surveillance and able to operate around the world.

The intrigues and conspiracies are so many in this second chapter, to make you dizzy. Queen of the double game is always her, Chloe Armitage, but the author has tried to outline all the main characters more accurately. So also the king of vampires, Cornelius Crane, acts to a greater extent compared to the previous volume. I was surprised to see that despite from the beginning Anton is pictured like "the chosen", the author doesn’t focus on him all the story, but actually blends it with the context, giving more space to the development of other characters.

Especially in the last part, it's a succession of twists and fast paced actions that prepare the ground for the next book. A series not to be missed and I can't wait to continue it.

*** A free copy of the book was provided to me in exchange for an honest review. ***

4 Stars: Yes, Chloe is back!
We have helicopter battles, rocket launchers, all kinds of tech; I fear the author's brain is a very noisy place. The internecine plot is deftly handled - in fact there are times you feel like applauding the originality, the downright cleverness of it all, if you only got a moment to catch your breath. If the book has a weakness then, ironically, it lies in its strength - the action sequences, undoubtedly superb (Rodaughan excels in highly visual, octane snorting excitement), left me yearning for a little less thrust and a little more pathos. A glossary would've been helpful too. Small quibbles though - this series has big screen potential, and is almost ridiculously enjoyable.

The Metaframe War: A glossary and who's who

message 20: by Graeme (new) - added it

Graeme Rodaughan Yes (fist pumps...). The covers are now available.

Kindle.

Front Cover

Paperback.

paperback

Still targeting release at the end of January 2018

Blurb:

IT'S A TRAP!

Anton Slayne knows it's a trap. One laid for him by his most powerful opponent - Chloe Armitage, rogue general of the Vampire Dominion.

The chase is on. Agents of the Red Empire and the Vampire Dominion have abducted Ramin Kain, the Head of the Order of Thoth. Anton and the Mirovar force team are the only ones in a position to act. They know Ramin is bait, but have to rescue him before he's forced to reveal the secrets of the Order.

Will Anton and his friends in the Mirovar force team rescue Ramin Kain, or will Chloe Armitage discover the secrets of the Order, destroy the Mirovar force team, and enslave Anton to her will?

message 21: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Congratulations Graeme :)

message 22: by Graeme (new) - added it

Graeme Rodaughan Thanks Brenda,

Still writing book 3...

message 23: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

:)

message 24: by Carolyn (new) - added it

Carolyn | 8131 comments Fabulous cover Graeme!

message 25: by Graeme (new) - added it

Graeme Rodaughan Thanks Carolyn. Much appreciated.

Cheers Graeme

Leonie (leonierogers) | 3218 comments Now that's a great cover!

message 27: by Graeme (new) - added it

Graeme Rodaughan Thanks Leonie.

message 29: by Graeme (new) - added it

Graeme Rodaughan Hi All, A Subtle Agency, A Subtle Agency (The Metaframe War, #1) by Graeme Rodaughan is currently BoM read at the World, Writing, Wealth group. Feel free to join in the fun.

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Currently on promo price of $0.99 USD on Amazon until the 13th of August.

message 30: by Graeme (new) - added it

Graeme Rodaughan CHRISTMAS DISCOUNTS FOR DECEMBER: A Subtle Agency ($0.99 USD) and A Traitor's War ($2.99 USD) will be discounted from the 11th December to the 28th December 2017.

All my books are published via Draft2Digital and Amazon on the following platforms.

A Subtle Agency (The Metaframe War, #1) by Graeme Rodaughan

AMAZON US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FS73TXY
APPLE, NOOK, KOBO, et al: https://www.books2read.com/u/mqpNB8

A Traitor's War (The Metaframe War, #2) by Graeme Rodaughan

AMAZON US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06ZZ8ZLKD
APPLE, NOOK, KOBO, et al: https://www.books2read.com/u/4Do82r

Standard pricing is US $3.99 for each book.

message 31: by Graeme (new) - added it

Graeme Rodaughan Hi All,

[ARC READ]: As of January 15th 2018, I will be supplying members of the Castle Dracula group access to FREE Advance Reader Copies of The Dragon's Den, book 3 of the Metaframe War in the following formats.

[1] PDF - based on the CreateSpace paperback format.
[2] ePUB - Draft2Digital format.
[3] Mobi - Amazon Kindle format

[MORE FREE BOOKS]: In support of the ARC read, I will be offering my first two books, A Subtle Agency, and A Traitor's War, under the same conditions immediately, to allow interested readers the opportunity to catch up before the 15th of January.

[WHAT TO DO?]:

How to access all this generous bounty?

[1] Go to: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/... and add a comment joining the ARC read.

[2] PM me on Goodreads with the following.

(a) your email address so that I can email you the files.
(b) your desired format (PDF, ePUB, Mobi).

--- Please remember, you have to be a Castle Dracula member and you must add a comment joining the ARC read before I will send you any files.

This ARC read for The Dragon's Den will operate as one of the Book of the Month reads for the Castle Dracula group, and I will participate in the read so you can ask me any questions you like during the reading process.

[FINAL NOTE]: The Dragon's Den will be formally published on the 31st January 2018.

[THANKS]: I would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to Elaine, our host and moderator at Castle Dracula for the generous support of her Group.