Bo'ness Library Book Group discussion

Thursday Book Group > Small Angry Planet...

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bo'ness (new)

Bo'ness Library Bookgroup (bonesslibrarybookgroup) | 110 comments Mod
Greetings all!

Has anyone finished reading The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet yet? Only I would like to compile the reviews and send them off by the end of this week if possible.

Many thanks,

~Laura

message 2: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Nicholson | 74 comments Probably finish it tonight. Loving it.

message 3: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Nicholson | 74 comments Have done a review on good reads. I thought it was the best book I have read this year. The writing was excellent,i could just see, hear and smell the characters,settings,space and ships of this future. I was reminded of Ian.m.Banks novels,where he writes sci-fi in a serious,brilliant completely believable way. I loved it so much I have bought a copy for me and one for a friend and I cannot wait for the next one.

message 4: by Hazel (new)

Hazel (hazelbech) | 1 comments I took it away with to read on a weeks holiday. However I really struggled with it. Actually I hated it. I persevered because you wanted it reviewed and I did try! I managed to page 50 and then I thought " life is too short to waste on this drivel". I thought it was puerile and silly. I couldn't relate to any of the characters especially talking space lizards etc and frankly I just didn't care what happened next in the story. I give it zero stars.

message 5: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Nicholson | 74 comments Aw,i loved the lizards!

message 6: by Bo'ness (new)

Bo'ness Library Bookgroup (bonesslibrarybookgroup) | 110 comments Mod
I haven't had a chance to read it yet *shame face* as life has elbowed in in front of reading time again. Now I know there are talking space lizards, though....

I am very grateful for the reviews, good and bad! Many many thanks :)

Laura