The Rosie Project (Don Tillman, #1)
This topic is about The Rosie Project
The Rosie Project > WEEK THREE DISCUSSION

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (dhaupt) | 4536 comments Mod
Week Three
Well this has been a really wild ride hasn’t it. So lets get right to it!

1. What was your favorite part of Don and Rosie’s NY trip?

2. Who was your favorite co-star and why?

3. Were you surprised to learn that Gene took the class photo of Rosie’s mom?

4. Did your opinion of Don or Rosie change at all during the read?

5. Were you surprised who turned out to be Rosie’s real dad?

6. Could this be made into a good movie?

7. Will you check out the next book in the series?

8. Final thoughts

Just a last note, I contacted the US publicity contact of the author’s publisher requesting some author participation but my request was never answered. I was hoping maybe we could all submit one question for Graeme to answer. Oh well maybe next time.

Ang from OZ | 1685 comments 1. I enjoyed Don and Rosie whole trip to NY! It was so exciting to see Don finally letting go with his schedule and allowing Rosie to take some of the control. I had a cringe moment when Don raced off to his room to get "The Book"

2. I can't actually say I have a favorite co-star, so I'm going to change the question a little here and answer who my less favorite was... This would have to be Gene! I really didn't like him very much. Just how he could do the things he did with having a loving wife and children was beyond me.

3. Yes, finding out that Gene took the photo was interesting!

4. My opinion of Don changed quiet dramatically towards the end when he confronted Gene with his womanizing ways and when he told him frankly that people thought he was a jerk! I definitely wanted to High Five Don at that moment. Also when Don went and confronted Phil at the gym.

5.Actually I was pretty surprised to find out who Rosie's real Dad was!! I guess now, if I had of been thinking about it a little more clearly that may have been the obvious answer all along. But most times you don't think the Author will choose the obvious!

6. Yes I think it could be a good movie, if the right actor and actress are chosen! There is a movie in the works I understand, and Jennifer Lawrence had signed on as Rosie at one point, but has since pulled out if what I read is correct.

7. YES, I am excited to see what hurdles Don and Rosie will tackle in the next book! Bookclub read anyone? :)

8. All in all I was happy with the story and how things turned out. 4 star read for me, just something is stopping me from 5 stars, perhaps my dislike for Gene? I don't know. 4 stars feels comfortable for me.

message 3: by Debbie (new)

I'm like you Ang I liked the whole trip to the big apple

I really liked Claudia and really disliked Gene too! What a jerk, but I think he learned from his mistakes in the end with Don's help

When I saw that Gene took the photo my first thought was, well now I know who her dad is. LOL yeah that totally shocked me.

My opinion of Don never changed I always liked him but I did like Rosie better as the book went on. At first I wasn't real pleased with some of her antics.

Ang I agree with your comment that if I had paid attention or gave it more thought I may have guessed right. I do think the Rosie and Phil would have been different people if they had known the truth

I also think it could be a fantastic movie with the right players

I will also read the next book, can't wait to find out what kind of parents Rosie and Don will make and excited to see if he keeps some of the same co-stars

I loved the book it gave me such a warm cozy feeling at the end, the perfect love story, one with a happy ever after!

Ang from OZ | 1685 comments Awfully quiet in here?!

message 5: by Debbie (new)

Ang from OZ wrote: "Awfully quiet in here?!"

I was thinking the same thing!

Ang from OZ | 1685 comments I felt sorry for Phil too, Susan. I hop he and Rosie might have a closer relationship and that happens in book two. I have started it yet, as I thought I'd hold off and see if everyone else wanted to read it together?

Pity we couldn't get the author in on this, I would of liked to know how he researched all the vast knowledge Don had on particular topics.

message 7: by Debbie (new)

Susan wrote: "Long hours!!!!

I like the trip to NY from the plane ride to the window dive to the book. It all felt right with the person Don is. There was never a moment that i felt that it was way out there.
G..."

I'm like Ang Susan, I felt sorry for Phil and am hoping that when she's a mom she'll open her heart up to him again.

message 8: by Debbie (new)

TarHeelGirl everything okay we haven't heard from you?

Ang from OZ | 1685 comments Woo Hoo, excited! :)

message 10: by Debbie (new)

I see a book two discussion somewhere down the line :)

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Finally........better late than never.........

1. I enjoyed the NY trip and I was glad that Don let Rosie help with the trip ideas. I'm just not so sure about them moving to NY for the next book. Their NY trip was interesting, but I like the setting the way it is.

2. I have to pick Gene. Gene was definitely a jerk, but his character added just enough conflict to the story to make it interesting.

3. I always suspected Gene of being the dad, so I really wasn't surprised he took the picture. I just didn't connect the dots that that was why he wasn't in the picture. I was more surprised to find out he wasn't the dad!

4. I found both Don and Rosie to be likable characters. I was glad Don decided to "man up" near the end. I usually wanted to slap him about every so many pages!

5. I was definitely surprised at who was the real dad!!!

6. YES!!! I'm still picturing Ben Stiller and Sarah Rue.

7. Yes, I would like to see where this story leads.

8. Overall, a good read!