World, Writing, Wealth discussion

19 views
Announcements & Book Promotions > I've been asked to be a judge for a writing contest! oohoo!

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Tara Woods Turner | 2063 comments I'm really excited! I'm going to be one of six judges for the houston Writer's Guild annual writing contest. I don't know what category I'll be assigned but I've been given the rubric for each competition to prepare. It's double blind so no one knows who they're judging or whom they are being judged by. This will be a lot of work but super fun :)


message 2: by Alex (new)

Alex (asato) Wow! That's great!


message 3: by Marie Silk (new)

Marie Silk | 1020 comments Wow congrats, Tara! How fun!!


Tara Woods Turner | 2063 comments Thanks guys :) I'm excited but nervous, you know?


Tara Woods Turner | 2063 comments Hermione Granger (aka. Kavy Jackson Fullbuster) wrote: "CONGRATS"

Kavy, so good to hear from you! I hope you've been well and writing a lot :)


 Alex ~They/them~ ~Annabeth Chase and Alex Fierro are the best~ (percybluefood) | 145 comments I've been good!! and writing, well I'd been taking breaks in between because of school, but I'm writing whenever I get the chance. wbu are you writing any new books?


Tara Woods Turner | 2063 comments Hermione Granger (aka. Kavy Jackson Fullbuster) wrote: "I've been good!! and writing, well I'd been taking breaks in between because of school, but I'm writing whenever I get the chance. wbu are you writing any new books?"

I am. I'm working on the last two installments in my parenting guides, to be released early next year. I've also taken a bit of a break to build my website. It's been difficult but exciting and i highly recommend it. I'm glad you're still writing :)


message 10: by Segilola (new)

Segilola Salami (segilolasalami) | 405 comments Wow! That's great! Congrats Tara


message 11: by Jeannine (new)

Jeannine Harris | 27 comments That's awesome- good luck!!


message 12: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 13101 comments Good luck, Your Honour! -:)
Please, exert mercy towards those poor souls -:)


Tara Woods Turner | 2063 comments Nik wrote: "Good luck, Your Honour! -:)
Please, exert mercy towards those poor souls -:)"


This made me laugh :)


message 14: by Mehreen (new)

Mehreen Ahmed (mehreen2) | 1911 comments Nik wrote: "Good luck, Your Honour! -:)
Please, exert mercy towards those poor souls -:)"


That's right. Hahaha. Congrats Tara.


Tara Woods Turner | 2063 comments Thanks Mehreen :) I imagine that the entrants are probably on Goodreads. Isn't that weird lol?


message 16: by Mehreen (new)

Mehreen Ahmed (mehreen2) | 1911 comments Tara wrote: "Thanks Mehreen :) I imagine that the entrants are probably on Goodreads. Isn't that weird lol?"

Hehe. Probably.


message 17: by Zee (new)

Zee Monodee (zee_monodee) | 0 comments Congrats!!


message 18: by K.P. (last edited Oct 27, 2016 10:12PM) (new)

K.P. Merriweather (kp_merriweather) | 13 comments Yay congratulations


Tara Woods Turner | 2063 comments @ Zee, K.P.
Thank you :)


message 20: by Denise (new)

Denise Baer Sounds wonderful, Tara. What an honor to be asked. Congrats!


message 21: by GR (new)

GR Oliver | 479 comments That's super. Congratulations.


Tara Woods Turner | 2063 comments GR wrote: "That's super. Congratulations."

Thank you - a ray of light to shine into my wordpress dungeon ;)


message 23: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer S. Alderson (jennifesalderson) | 27 comments Tara wrote: "I'm really excited! I'm going to be one of six judges for the houston Writer's Guild annual writing contest. I don't know what category I'll be assigned but I've been given the rubric for each comp..."
Very cool!


Tara Woods Turner | 2063 comments Jennifer wrote: "Tara wrote: "I'm really excited! I'm going to be one of six judges for the houston Writer's Guild annual writing contest. I don't know what category I'll be assigned but I've been given the rubric ..."

XD


message 25: by Graeme (new)

Graeme Rodaughan | 7091 comments Hi Tara,

Congratulations and when does it all happen?


back to top