Vaginal Fantasy Book Club discussion

Book Discussion & Recommendation > No coercion and/or not maledom

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stone (last edited Oct 24, 2016 01:15AM) (new)

Stone Bell (stonebell) | 3 comments I'm looking for m/f romance where the male lead doesn't have a massive power advantage (whether physical, economic, political, or situational) that he uses to pressure or coerce the female lead into staying with him/being around him/being sexual with him/allowing him access to her/etc. in ways that she doesn't want. It's fine if the guy just so happens to be wealthier or more physically powerful or whatever than the female lead, so long as he doesn't use this to deny her ability to refuse him romantically and/or sexually. It's also fine if he pressures her into something that isn't romantic or sexual, like, I don't know, helping him hunt ghosts. Just so long as their romantic dynamic doesn't involve significant coercion.

I'm also looking for romance that doesn't have a male dominant/female submissive dynamic. You know when the female lead just melts into the male lead's mastery, she can finally surrender control and let him possess her completely like she's always wanted to? I'm not trying to harsh on that, but you know, variety being the spice of life, something not-that would be cool. It's fine if there's maledom content if there's an approximately equal or greater amount of femdom content.

Recs in either of these categories would be welcome.

Some examples of these would be Sweet Disorder by Rose Lerner and The Girl Next Door by Amy Jo Cousins.

edited 1:13 am Oct 24 2016 to clarify desired content

message 2: by Julie (new)

Julie (the_blue_butterfly) | 5 comments Richelle Mead's Georgina Kincaid series might fit the bill.

It's been a long time since I read them, but Stacia Kane's Downside Ghosts series might also be worth a look.

message 3: by Alexandria (new)

Alexandria (4dogs9cats) | 10 comments Keri Arthur's Riley Jensen Guardian series (Full Moon Rising is #1) is good example of what you're looking for. She's very in control of her sexuality and what she wants. There are some parts where the male tries to over-power her, but she fights back and regains her control.

message 4: by Stone (new)

Stone Bell (stonebell) | 3 comments Julie wrote: "Richelle Mead's Georgina Kincaid series might fit the bill.

It's been a long time since I read them, but Stacia Kane's Downside Ghosts series might also be worth a look."

I've started reading the Georgina Kincaid series since I saw this and I'm loving it! I really like Georgina and her love interest. I like the supernatural plots, too. Some romance novels, I kind of peace out during those parts because I want to get back to the romance, but with these I'm very interested in Georgina's whole life. I like her voice. They kind of remind me of the Sookie Stackhouse novels that way. Thank you for the recommendation!

Oh man, I have the first few Downside Ghosts books! It's been ages since I read them too. Maybe they would be nice to go back over :0)