World, Writing, Wealth discussion

All Things Writing & Publishing > KDP/KDP Select/Createspace/Audible Question...

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michael (new)

Michael Fattorosi | 477 comments So tomorrow is 1 week until pre-sale launch and I want to give away 6 chapters of my novel on my website to promote the email list. (60 total chapters, 73,000 words)

And I want to put up 3 chapters as a streaming audio file.

I did some research and it looks like if I go with KDP Select, this is problem and can lead to them suspending/delaying the pre-sale/sale since theirs is an exclusive agreement.

I couldnt find any issues with doing this with KDP or Createspace or Audible.

Am I missing anything?

message 2: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 14941 comments Yeah, 'select' requires exclusivity for each three months periods, although I heard (I think Annie mentioned encountering a similar situ) you might have problem with going on air on kindle in general, if you have your stuff published previously on your site, probably because they ask in their form whether the ms was in public domain and their software makes some search on the net for an identical content. When they find the same content on your site, they might stall publication until the issue is cleared. Maybe I'm exaggerating, but worth checking with them in advance