Play Book Tag discussion

The 5th Wave (The 5th Wave, #1)
This topic is about The 5th Wave
Archive: Other Books > The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenni Elyse (last edited Oct 23, 2016 11:20AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jenni Elyse (jenni_elyse) | 1268 comments Well, I'm only about a month late (2013 tag), but I finally finished reading The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey. It took me so long because I'm still in my reading slump (plus I've been dealing with some health issues that have attributed to that slump). It wasn't because I didn't enjoy the story, so that's a good thing.

Moving on... Aliens have invaded and they're not nice aliens. They've killed nearly 7 billion people so there are only some that remain to fight against annihilation. Cassie Sullivan is one of those people. Right now, though, she's just fighting to save her brother who has been taken by them.

I've wanted to read The 5th Wave ever since one of my friends finished it and loved it. I was going to try to finish it before the movie came out, but that didn't happen (obviously). Until I saw the trailer for the movie, I had no idea the book was about aliens. I didn't really know what it was about. The aliens thing did turn me off a little bit at first, but I'm glad I gave it a chance.

The story was very interesting and suspenseful. There's so much potential in this series. I'm very interested in seeing where it goes. I've heard, though, that people are upset by the final book. So that worries be a little bit. I guess I'll see.

If you're a fan of science fiction and YA, I definitely recommend giving this book a try.

message 2: by Karin (last edited Oct 23, 2016 02:05PM) (new)

Karin | 6928 comments Oh, my, good thing I left this on my GR tbr. I know I had it at home from the library earlier this year and didn't get around to reading it and wasn't sure if I should leave it on there.